Author Topic: Plane vs Plane Tactics (Matchups)  (Read 30260 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Re: Plane vs Plane Tactics (Matchups)
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »
I've made it as far as the You tube video.... Is that Skip Holmes? His first lines are yadda yadda - I fly 108's, storchs ect....then he says "Skip Holmes flys that now"....If that's not Skip Holmes being interviewed, then who is it? or does Skip Holmes talk about himself as a 3rd person?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:53:47 PM by Waffle »

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »
skip is the second guy ...
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
I knew there was something wrong with waffle and I just figured it out..............he is an AGGIE, WHOLEY KOW, you know that is how they speel it at AGGIE LAND, he he he he he
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
lol! - watched about 1/2 of it - kept wondering about it :)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 04:01:32 PM »
F4U after some training is extremely easy mode, It cant be beat in any scissors if flown right the only thing I would suggest with maybe the 38,Ki84, and 109s would be go for a really low speed rope which takes some set up skillz. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »
ummm no ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFl8X4y9-94

Loved the line.
"and you know why? I dont know who your boss is But im sure he's told the program writers that the allies won the war. And if I ever find an enemy airplane that out flies an allied airplane. you guys are fired."
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »
God I love putting in my 2 cents.  Hey guess what wing load does play a factor along with weight.  One thing everyone seems to forget it is not just these two items or single advantages one might have over the other but it is the design of the plane as a whole.  The fuselage, wings, tail assembly and everything else that makes the plane and hangs from it effects it performance.  Lets just say if it worked on the real one then put it in the Flight Model.  If it has a real nasty slow speed stall characteristic then put it in the flight model.  And by the way a good pilot in a toejamty plane can beat a toejamty pilot in a good plane.  There are so many variables that I am beginning to feel like its beat your head against the wall day.

It would be nice to hear a civilized conversation with out all the sarcasm and animosity that plays into these threads.  But then it would not be entertaining and no one would read them. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 06:38:05 PM »
having a discussion with you guys not hitech ...

ki-61 ? ? ?

WTF? where did i ever mention the ki61? ever ? ? ?

Ahh so your just stirring the pot and have no info. Ok.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »
God I love putting in my 2 cents.  Hey guess what wing load does play a factor along with weight.  One thing everyone seems to forget it is not just these two items or single advantages one might have over the other but it is the design of the plane as a whole.  The fuselage, wings, tail assembly and everything else that makes the plane and hangs from it effects it performance.  Lets just say if it worked on the real one then put it in the Flight Model.  If it has a real nasty slow speed stall characteristic then put it in the flight model.  And by the way a good pilot in a soupty plane can beat a soupty pilot in a good plane.  There are so many variables that I am beginning to feel like its beat your head against the wall day.

It would be nice to hear a civilized conversation with out all the sarcasm and animosity that plays into these threads.  But then it would not be entertaining and no one would read them. 

Another thing that has a huge impact on the performance is the shape of the wings airfoil. This is what made the p52 'special'. Just comparing wing loading assumes that all the planes had the shape wing with the same airfoil, which is far from the truth.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »
F4U after some training is extremely easy mode, It cant be beat in any scissors if flown right the only thing I would suggest with maybe the 38,Ki84, and 109s would be go for a really low speed rope which takes some set up skillz. :salute

I'd never consider a hog easy mode.  It's an extremely busy plane to fly correctly, with E management having to always be on your mind in a fight.  Being poor at climbing and accellerating means E is hard to get back once spent(-4 is the exception).

:salute
BigRat        
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »
I've noticed that everyone is in agreement that the KI can do better than the F4U.  I'm puzzled.  I've flown the KI a lot lately and still have a hard time getting the kill on a 1A.  I know my pilot skills suck, but, really, I have a hard time getting any kills in a KI.  I do better in a JUG.  Maybe it's just me and the 50 cal laser beams.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
I've seen what the P40 can do, and I can see the P40 winnning many of the fights. Suprised it's not flown more in the MAs. I'll fly it tonight and show it's ability.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »
I've noticed that everyone is in agreement that the KI can do better than the F4U.  I'm puzzled.  I've flown the KI a lot lately and still have a hard time getting the kill on a 1A.  I know my pilot skills suck, but, really, I have a hard time getting any kills in a KI.  I do better in a JUG.  Maybe it's just me and the 50 cal laser beams.

I don't know that I'm in agreement here.  Now the 84 is a good matchup in it's use of verticle to counter the hogs flaps and turning ability.  The longer the fight the more it goes in the 84's favor, but I normally find I can start getting angles on the 84 early in the fight. 2nd merge normally, I'll start pushing an advantage, especially if the 84 was silly enough to go nose down at all.  The thing to remember when trying to kill hogs is make them fight up, and don't let them get their nose down.  As everyone mentioned before, it comes down to the pilot more then the plane, a poor plane with good tactics will normally beat a good plane with bad tactics.

:salute
BigRat

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
yea umm re read the thread ...

i posted expert opinions ...

i have other places i can talk to hitech ...

i never mentioned the ki61 here ...

as i showed earlier BnZ started the pot stirring about TRW ...

but thanks for keeping up as usual ...

Ahh so your just stirring the pot and have no info. Ok.

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
I've seen what the P40 can do, and I can see the P40 winnning many of the fights. Suprised it's not flown more in the MAs. I'll fly it tonight and show it's ability.

You do that. Go find a non nweeb in a f4u or 109. She dives and turns well, but so do they. Or fly er into a horde of spitfires on the deck. I can get 1 sometimes 2 spits. Then I click my rubi slippers 3 times and I'm in the tower. Why are we comparing p40s to f4us ? F4u faster on deck better climb probably turns better full flaps. :confused:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins