Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9453 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
Who Care's !!!!GO DUCKS!!! more important things in life.  :cheers:
BOOO go CAPS! :cheers:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »
Who Care's !!!!GO DUCKS!!! more important things in life.  :cheers:

Yeah! what Bush said  :airplane:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »
Complete waste of BBS space this one  :rolleyes:  if you don't like NOEs get off your prettythanges and stop em  :O Now there's an idea 
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »
NOE's are really easy to stop, when a base is flashing just up right away and gain some alt.  You'll be above all of them and can pick out the C-47's as you please.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »
Complete waste of BBS space this one  :rolleyes:  if you don't like NOEs get off your prettythanges and stop em  :O Now there's an idea 
So are we suppose to bail out of mid-flight to get enough guys there to stop it?......think before you post guy
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2009, 03:43:24 AM »
So are we suppose to bail out of mid-flight to get enough guys there to stop it?......think before you post guy
Would you bail out mid-flight to get enough guys to stop a non-NOE raid?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2009, 03:47:44 AM »
Would you bail out mid-flight to get enough guys to stop a non-NOE raid?
No, my point here is other then the maybe 2 to 3 guys sitting in towers looking at the map like a general everyone else is in-flight.....The whole up and defend against it is completely ignorant to what Way is actually talking about which is the (my opinion) 20 and up plane NOE missions which can kill a town and base just dropping their bombs in one pass
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2009, 03:55:35 AM »
No, my point here is other then the maybe 2 to 3 guys sitting in towers looking at the map like a general everyone else is in-flight.....The whole up and defend against it is completely ignorant to what Way is actually talking about which is the (my opinion) 20 and up plane NOE missions which can kill a town and base just dropping their bombs in one pass
I don't see the difference.  The raid that goes to 15k and flies for a bit before it gets to it's target will still have to be spotted via dar-bar before it can be defended.

The only real difference is that NOE raids don't blink a base 'til they are at the dar ring.  Sure, this gives you less time to spot the mission on the map, but this is counter-balanced by the fact that you don't have to fly to 15k to engage them, instead you can take off, fly to 5k, and pick off their goons which will destroy their raid in less than 10 minutes of flying.  It's pretty easy to tell where an NOE raid is coming from too.

The only time I see a huge time difference on when the missions are spotted is in long-range missions, which most will not fly NOE anyway because of how tedious flying over terrain is without popping dar.

On top of that, high-alt missions take way more players to defend against, particularly because the defenders are usually at a lower altitude than the attackers.  With NOE missions, the defenders should be above the attackers, unless no one is paying attention.  But then again, if no one is paying attention, that is just good mission timing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:59:49 AM by SectorNine50 »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2009, 04:57:18 AM »
I don't see the difference.  The raid that goes to 15k and flies for a bit before it gets to it's target will still have to be spotted via dar-bar before it can be defended.

The only real difference is that NOE raids don't blink a base 'til they are at the dar ring.  Sure, this gives you less time to spot the mission on the map, but this is counter-balanced by the fact that you don't have to fly to 15k to engage them, instead you can take off, fly to 5k, and pick off their goons which will destroy their raid in less than 10 minutes of flying.  It's pretty easy to tell where an NOE raid is coming from too.

The only time I see a huge time difference on when the missions are spotted is in long-range missions, which most will not fly NOE anyway because of how tedious flying over terrain is without popping dar.

On top of that, high-alt missions take way more players to defend against, particularly because the defenders are usually at a lower altitude than the attackers.  With NOE missions, the defenders should be above the attackers, unless no one is paying attention.  But then again, if no one is paying attention, that is just good mission timing.
you dont understand what we are talking about at all which isnt your fault because didnt do a good job on the OP, OVERKILL 30-40 planes hitting a base all at once NOE is undefendable...I would love to see a film of someone actually getting a mission's, of this size, goon by just taking off after the red dots started showing up on the map
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2009, 05:14:19 AM »

the difference is that a raid at alt shows darbar, so you know roughly what force is inbound and can up a proportionate defence. a flashing town could be anything - t34 heading to field for porking, single dora inb for porking, or 20+ guys NOE.

Thing is you dont get 10mins to defend, or even 5mins. If its an organised NOE with buffs that can 1-pass most of the town and fighters to drop the rest, you have just 3mins from the base/town starting to flash to the capture. 2mins if you up for a visual confirmation.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2009, 05:35:11 AM »
Complete waste of BBS space this one  :rolleyes:  if you don't like NOEs get off your prettythanges and stop em  :O Now there's an idea  
In responce to this bs.
Killjoy: Element of surprise, while sounding great from an offensive mode, create big problems for actual game play.

Think of it this way, if the element of surprise is so overwellming that there is no way to defend against, then that is the path of least resistance, and hence will become the primary mode of attack. That is the state of affairs as it stood previously with big maps.

Now there are NOE raids that do not cause this, I.E. NOE raids to acheive  singular objectives, I.E. hitting cities, factories, possibly 1 open field deep in enemy territory. But if all objectives can be taken by NOE raids, IT creates non defensible game play.

2nd it easy to say, well people should just defend then. Think about what it really takes to defend against NOE raids, and do you really want to do that defense.

To defend successfully at NOE raids, you need more than 1 player.
2nd to defend against them you have to sit in the tower, waiting for the base to flash, and then up soon as it does.
Does that defense sound fun to you ? I.E. do you really want to just wait in tower for something that might or might not occur? Sure if you new a NOE mission was otw, but didn't know where it might be fun. But not where you don't even know if one is going to occur.

Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture.

HiTech

Enjoy.
See Rule #4

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2009, 05:38:15 AM »
In responce to this bs.
Enjoy.
where do you find these quotes from HT :D :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2009, 05:49:33 AM »

A bunch of this has been gone over many, many times before. If you look you will find it all.
See Rule #4

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2009, 07:07:43 AM »
In responce to this bs.
Quote from: hitech on December 03, 2006, 09:28:08 AM

Killjoy: Element of surprise, while sounding great from an offensive mode, create big problems for actual game play.

Think of it this way, if the element of surprise is so overwellming that there is no way to defend against, then that is the path of least resistance, and hence will become the primary mode of attack. That is the state of affairs as it stood previously with big maps.

Now there are NOE raids that do not cause this, I.E. NOE raids to acheive  singular objectives, I.E. hitting cities, factories, possibly 1 open field deep in enemy territory. But if all objectives can be taken by NOE raids, IT creates non defensible game play.

2nd it easy to say, well people should just defend then. Think about what it really takes to defend against NOE raids, and do you really want to do that defense.

To defend successfully at NOE raids, you need more than 1 player.
2nd to defend against them you have to sit in the tower, waiting for the base to flash, and then up soon as it does.
Does that defense sound fun to you ? I.E. do you really want to just wait in tower for something that might or might not occur? Sure if you new a NOE mission was otw, but didn't know where it might be fun. But not where you don't even know if one is going to occur.

Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture.

HiTech

Enjoy.

After reading the thread where this was posted, it was HiTech's response to the "New Base Taking Method" that was evidently implemented some time back.  I don't get the reason for the quote in this thread.  I have yet to see where NOE missions rule a map.  Bronk are you saying the new method doesn't work?  

The funny thing to me is, lately, I haven't really seen very many NOE missions from any side, and when there are some they only last for a base or two until the other side rally's and a big fight ensues.  Isn't that what is suppose to happen?

THE FOLLOWING IS MY OPINION ONLY  (Sorry I have to put it in bold and Caps.)

If this game was only about upping a fighter and getting into a furball, I would get bored very quickly and probably leave the game.  I like the diversity of the game where I can furball, GV, attack from a CV, and even bomb with bombers.  I like being in a mission occasionally.  Really don't care that much about the base taking, but the conversations on the way are hilarious.  Don't believe me get in a mission with Slammer some day, you will be in stitches all the way.

The old die hard complain that the game is only about the air fight.  In the DA you only up and fight, there is no base taking, and no score, it's only about the fight, so where is the problem?  If you don't want to fly in the DA, and want to be in one of the MAs and still only want to up and air fight only, then I still don't see a problem.  I have never had a problem upping a plane and finding a fight.  I am on at all hours of the day and night, and finding a fight has yet to be a problem in the air.

You want your classic one on one,  it's not going to happen in the MA very often.  It is fun when it does, but with this many players, they are going to be rare.  I find it interesting that many who complain about not getting into more one on one fights always fly with a wingman.  Hard to have a one on one with one or more friends hovering above waiting for their chance to pick.  Not that this is a bad thing, it's just the way it is.

People say the game is going down hill.  I totally disagree, the game is better than when I started and getting better all the time.  I have a blast playing this game.  I agree at times I get frustrated when I get picked or ganged, but I bet the guy I pick or gang later on feels the same way.  

I guess what I find most amazing is how certain people take this game so seriously.  I can hardly remember my last fight, better yet one that happened several days ago.  I usually don't even know if I am fighting Rooks or Knights, I just see the red icons, and pay very little attention to the country icon.

The bottom line is I see fewer NOEs now than when I started a couple of years ago.  I have yet to see any group NOE's rule a map except at the end, where the loosing side jump ship to the other MAs or change to get the few perks that are awarded.  The only good think about winning the war is hopefully the map will change.

:salute

Fred

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:10:51 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »

At the Office Politics Superstore of course.........

:lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."