Author Topic: Hollandia Mission Updated  (Read 1647 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Hollandia Mission Updated
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
My big, old "Hollandia 440330" mission has been tweaked, adjusted, enhanced, and re-timed so y'all can fly it with the latest version of Aces High!

Three different AH versions are supported.

Details here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Hollandia440330/Ah2HollandiaMissionsFullPage.htm

Regards,

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Re: Hollandia Mission Updated
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
That short message represents a lot of focused effort bbosen.   :cheers:

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »
BAAAAAAANNNNNNZZZZIIIIIIIII!!!!

Flies great on the current version, but it is the best on 2.12.4!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeaC2NnXJJI
Watch in HD due to the nature of the vid, you won't be able to see much on any other resolution.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »
CaptCarnage:

You are AMAZINGLY quick to put together such a fun video clip. It's been less than 24 hours since I announced availability of this mission, and already you've produced a very engaging movie clip with dozens of well-conceived segments. It's exciting to watch. The landing at the end looked a little rough, though....

I hope to produce a video of this mission too. Mine will include the audio banter, which I find helps a lot with the "immersion" factor.

Anyway, thanks for yours. I enjoyed the images!

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »
Indeed. The banter is not played back threw the film viewer on my end any way. I was thinking of including just the audio from the game. However it would have taken a few extra steps. For whatever reason Sony Vegas (the video editor i use) doesn't pick up the audio that Fraps (in game video capture) records. I have to use an other program to "rip" the audio from the .avi that fraps saves to. In short, I got lazy!

For now I am still getting a hang of the camera settings using the AcesHigh Film Viewer.

When I go ahead and record the Allies flight I will be including the banter that you worked soooo hard on. It will also be a more thought out and produced video. More along the style of your vids. That last vid is only 2 hours of total work. That is including flying the actual mission.

My only problem now is, when ever I dive in on the Zekes with the P-38. I pick up too much speed. I am not the best at BnZ!!! I am a TnB kinda guy!

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
Those P38Js don't have dive flaps. When diving in, be sure to throttle back early. It's also very helpful to twist your rudders all the way to one side, compensating with ailerons. That will throw your direction off a bit, but with practice you can manage it, and it will keep your speed much more manageable until you get close enough to your target to blow it out of the sky.

Regards,

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 04:41:10 PM »
Indeed. The banter is not played back threw the film viewer on my end any way. I was thinking of including just the audio from the game. However it would have taken a few extra steps. For whatever reason Sony Vegas (the video editor i use) doesn't pick up the audio that Fraps (in game video capture) records.

The easy way to handle this would be to just download the individual, interesting .wav files from my website. It should then be easy to patch them into your movie. All of the wavs are exposed in the 2124 version of the mission as published.

Regards,

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 07:31:21 AM »
Ya this is what I am going to have to do. I am also trying to get my brothers flying up to snuff so I can include a wing man in my vids as well.

Looks like I am going to have to make a weekend out of making this next vid instead of just spending a few hours on it them. The old lady is just going to be trilled!!!

She is going to luv it even more when I get out of this bush this season and subscribe online!

Offline ares473

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »
First let me say way to go on a well made and well scripted mission. Very good. I have ran through this mission quite a few times and cannot get the Ki's to up when I fly as the Allies. I get the Zekes and to my surprise I did well against them. If I have missed something let me know. Thanks.
I know I can fly and I know I can shoot, just not at the same time.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »
ares:

I'll look into it with the Mission Editor. Which version of AH are you using with it? (2.12.4 or 2.21.3 or something else?)

Offline ares473

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 05:34:53 PM »
At the time I was running 2.21.3 My game is updated to 2.21.4 as of Friday and have not played it since. I have noticed to my surprise (not directly related to your mission) that one of my old missions from v 2.17 or 2.18 I forget which, are working and I have done no updating at all to them. However the timing of the flights are off so the two forces don't meet when they should.
I know I can fly and I know I can shoot, just not at the same time.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 07:55:49 AM »
First let me say way to go on a well made and well scripted mission. Very good. I have ran through this mission quite a few times and cannot get the Ki's to up when I fly as the Allies. I get the Zekes and to my surprise I did well against them. If I have missed something let me know. Thanks.

HMmmmm..... I can't see the problem. I just flew the mission as a P38. I followed the lowest group of P38s, who arrive in the Hollandia area at about 9,000 ft. of altitude. By the time Waypoint 9 is announced, the Ki's are within icon range, and all of the P38s engage them within about 30 seconds thereafter. Here's a film I made showing what it looked like to me about 5 minutes ago:

http://TechVideoReview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Hollandia440330/For221x/Ki67sAtHollandia.ahf

(As always, RIGHT-CLICK on that link and use "save as" to save the film in your "films" folder. MAKE SURE your browser doesn't change the name of the file; many browsers will change the filename suffix from .ahf to .htm or .html, and that won't work with Aces high.)

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:59:37 AM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »
Here's a brief movie of the combat segment from this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGgmXfbVG8