Author Topic: sandboxie program? does anyone use this? opinions?  (Read 449 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
sandboxie program? does anyone use this? opinions?
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:00:31 PM »
Does anyone here, use sandboxie?    www.sandboxie.com

if so, what do you think of it?

is it a resource hog?

I noticed that the newest version supports both 32 bit & 64 bit OS........

any drawbacks with using it?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: sandboxie program? does anyone use this? opinions?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »
I think Humble uses it.  He's posted on it several times in here.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:01:02 AM »
I have it. It comes with Kapersky and I have used some. I like it to open some stuff or if I am web site hopping, just never know what a person can run into.
I use to use returnil which has a free version which will also run your OS virtually.
As far as being a resource hog, I have never paid much attention to it. When I run it I am more interested in protecting my computer.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:30 AM »
Acronis Try & Decide is very similar and is part of the True Image suite. The only way you will know its running is if True Image tries to update your backup (secure zone) and it fails (by design when Try & Decide is running). I use a privacy suite also (IP blocker) and it actually runs internet browsers at a faster pace with Try & Decide running.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »
Silat has spoke to me about this program and swears by it .  I'll point him towards this thread.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »
Silat has spoke to me about this program and swears by it .  I'll point him towards this thread.
38, I am thinking it was Lew who mentioned it to me to begin with a while back... along with using "hijack this"??? on either my X-wife's PC or one of the old PC's I had had made for one of my daughters......down in Fl.......

yes point him here, or tel him to shoot me a PM ( he never calls  :cry )   :devil

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »
I've used it on a bunch of machines. Certainly a good program and reasonable option...as mentioned there are now a number of other options. Additionally you can run a number of "virtual machine" programs that work in a similar manner.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson