Author Topic: Trackir-5 Please Help  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: Trackir-5 Please Help
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 09:12:15 AM »
Thanks for asking these question's Viper0070 , I have one otw and I will be watching your thread ...Have a great New Year too !! :salute
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
You could move to the position you want and then center Trackir this would save that position. Then move back to your normal way of sitting.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »
Good morning.  First I want to Thank all of you here in Aces High that have Helped me with all my Question's and for the Profiles that were sent to me for my Trackir 5. from all of you. That was so very Kind of all of you.   I have a few more Questions that maybe someone could Please Help me with.   On my Trackir-5 does it have Vector tracking? or just Dot tracking mode?  With Trackir-5  is there a way that I can use the view settings that i have saved with F10 in Aces High for the different planes with my Trackir-5?  What I am trying to do is,   I would like if it is  possible in my Trackir 5 to move the gun sight up just a little or maybe the seat of the plane up a little in my Trackir 5?  I have tried Page up and Page down while i have my Trackir 5 on and that does not work.  I Thank All of you for any Help you can give me with this.  Have a Great Weekend and a Great 2010.  Sammie-Viper :)

With the TrackIr on the head positions are not used, because your actual head is constantly moving them.  If you're wanting to sit a bit higher in the seat and have a better over the nose view,  you'll need to adjust where you're sitting and then mark that as the center.  For example, I hunch over a little bit and lean forward a little and center mine.  Then when I sit back up to normal the TIR sees me as sitting somewhat back and higher than the default center point.  That way I have a little better over the nose view, and when I lean forward and turn my head to get a 6 view, I'm about as far from the seat and armor as is possible so I get a wider field of vision to my 6 o'clock.  I hope I've described that in a way that makes sense. 

TrackIR won't move the gunsight at all, nor will it be able to in the slightest.  What you can do though is change your viewpoint so that you get a different view of the sight.  The sight just marks where the bullets will go if you're flying straight and level.  Also keep in mind that your head is restricted by the limits of the canopy.  I fly the 109 mostly and you really can only get so high a view in that thing, the canopy restricts your over the nose view. In a plane like the Brewster for example, you can set your head position so that it seem like you're just about standing up and flying. 

Hope that helped.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »
This subject (head height as you move back and forward)is a constant source of annoyance to me and you guys have suggested the only work arounds I know.

Because the track IR sensor is either on top of or under the screen then as you move head  forward or back the relative height of your head changes........... :cry

It would be neat if the guys at natural point could allow us to set an axis that was not relative to the sensor..............

e.g we move our head forward and click reference 1 for centering we move our head back and click reference 2 for centering and save the two points.

Then as we move our head back and forth along this axis we would always be centered and our other head movements are reproduced against this with respect to our various profiles.

Skuzzy please move this to Natural Points BB wish list if you so desire............ :devil
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:31:33 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »
You can turn off any axis in the TIR profile.  If you don't want your head to move up and down, or tilt side to side, just turn off or severely flatten the axis.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
I center first then use zoom function in ah to shoot.  That way I don't move head forward. It improves my aim.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Viper0070

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 05:15:45 AM »
Good morning.  I want to Thank all of you for your Help and for taking the time to Reply to my Questions.  Have a Great week and a Great 2010.  Sammie :)