Author Topic: Game-Time Moves Too Fast  (Read 467 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Game-Time Moves Too Fast
« on: December 28, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
...And no, not because I'm getting older, nor does it have anything to do with having fun with Aces High. ;)
I mean, literally, the minutes on the game clock (such as in the tower, on the mission planner, in the aircraft) are advancing to fast. I noticed this as I posted a mission in Late War Orange yesterday. 10 minutes passed more in the span of five minutes.

Thanks.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Game-Time Moves Too Fast
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
That's how it's supposed to be, so that the arena goes through several 'days' in the span of a day. I'm not sure what the default multiplier is in the MA.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »
That's how it's supposed to be, so that the arena goes through several 'days' in the span of a day. I'm not sure what the default multiplier is in the MA.

I think he means "real" time in this case.

He is using the mission planner to set up a mission, time now: 10:00; mission starts: 10:10; and the 10 minutes to join and wait is apparently passing in less than 10 minutes.

Otherwise, yes, the "game clock" runs faster than "real time"

:D

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »
I think he means "real" time in this case.

He is using the mission planner to set up a mission, time now: 10:00; mission starts: 10:10; and the 10 minutes to join and wait is apparently passing in less than 10 minutes.

Otherwise, yes, the "game clock" runs faster than "real time"

:D

wrongway
I'm pretty sure that the mission clock runs off of the game clock.