Author Topic: Question about X52 joystick modes switch  (Read 3323 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Question about X52 joystick modes switch
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
doesnt have to be, in SST you can set it to do just one keypress when the mode wheel is moved to a new position :)

How? I failed to do that so far...  :joystick:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:13:00 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
Very interesting posts. I'm just gonna leave mine as is, but still very interesting reading.  :aok
Might be a good idea.
When I first had it on manual switch a while ago I just copied mode 1 to mode 2 (for GV's) and reset the commands that would be needed for GV's (instead of having to reset all of my vox, views and such).
So most of the flight commands were still mapped... several times I would forget to switch, and go through entire fights without flaps, since I have them mapped to gear in GV mode (even though I thought I had them, but could not understand why I was doing so badly).
Now I've unmapped WEP and gear from mode 2 so I can't take off if I forget. :)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »
One thing I do like about the sst software, is programming the throttle detent to Weps.  As soon as my throttle crosses the peak of the detent, it's Weps on and when I pull it back, Weps are off.  I just like to play with the band settings on there.
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
One thing I do like about the sst software, is programming the throttle detent to Weps.  As soon as my throttle crosses the peak of the detent, it's Weps on and when I pull it back, Weps are off.

same here - top detent is wep, bottom detent is engine off. easy and instinctive to use, replicates breaking the wire for some RL WEP and saves 2 buttons :aok

What's the second click?

I set trigger2 to fire all guns in all 3 modes.

How? I failed to do that so far...  :joystick:

right-click in the slot above the x52 mode button in SST, select "new advanced command", name it, click in the "Press" box then just punch whatever key you have assigned to the AH mode (the quicker the better, it times the release). :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »
right-click in the slot above the x52 mode button in SST, select "new advanced command", name it, click in the "Press" box then just punch whatever key you have assigned to the AH mode (the quicker the better, it times the release). :)

Ah.. I never tried to program a "key" to it, I just wanted to behave like an ordinary button that I could then program in AH (i.e. move the whell=one "click" and thats it)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
well its a roundabout way of doing it but it works just that way. in AH I have modes 1, 3 and 4 assigned to keys 8,9 and 0, the mode wheel just does the keypress whenever you move to a new position. of course at the start of each sortie the wheel hasnt moved yet, so I have AH mode 1 (default) set to all guns, so every sortie defaults to all guns until I move the wheel and set it to another mode :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
I experimented again with the mode wheel.. but whatever approach I try, I can't get rid of the "button" being triggered in regular intervals.

Well, back to my old pinkie solution *sigh*

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
same here - top detent is wep, bottom detent is engine off. easy and instinctive to use, replicates breaking the wire for some RL WEP and saves 2 buttons :aok

I like how you have yours set for 'breaking the wire' on the throttle back=engines off.  I'm going to see how that setting works out for me.
 :rock
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:28:17 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »

I like how you have yours set for 'breaking the wire' on the throttle back=engines off.  I'm going to see how that setting works out for me.
 :rock

Me too! That sounds so cool! I likey!  :aok :D

Offline harry1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »
One small suggestion, which works great for me.
 I assigned the "Fire D" button (blue light thumb button) on the throttle side, to "Fire All" this allows better control of the joy stick side when aiming, as you do not get unwanted movement when pulling the trigger.
 Try it, and you will notice how the trigger pull sometimes affects your aim.
  With the fire button removed to the other handle, there is no chance to come off target by an erratic trigger pull.

Offline Koendog

• Zinc Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 10:29:13 AM »

Thats sweet! Hopefully the big jolly man in the red suit brings me the X52 and this will be my setup!  :x
In-game name: Geo

"That wasn't flying, that was falling...with style."

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »
I experimented again with the mode wheel.. but whatever approach I try, I can't get rid of the "button" being triggered in regular intervals.

heres my profile, have a play with it (I test it using Notepad not AH so you can see exactly what keypresses are sent and when):

http://www.lumbergh.aquiss.com/ah/stuff/aces_high_v2.pr0
71 (Eagle) Squadron