Author Topic: Mapping the Saitek X52  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Re: Mapping the Saitek X52
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 07:11:20 PM »
how is it u got the slide and rotary 1 mapped for some reason it won't let me map them
Both of these can be assigned in AH without using the SST software.  Just go Options/Controls/Map Controllers and you'll see the slider and rotaries (labled Y Rotation and X Rotation).  Highlight the one you want and select Modify, then "Analog Inputs" and select the analog function you want from the list.  Remember that you have to calibrate these as analog axis which you can do individually from the Map Controllers page or if you choose the global "Calibrate Joystick" function.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Yes plz answer this for me aswell,other than using the SST program I cant seem to make the scroll wheel work either.

:salute
I see no way of mapping the scroll wheel in AH without SST Morf.  Without SST running AH doesn't even seem to see the wheel.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:24:57 PM by Mace2004 »
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »
Silly question here, but since I haven't had a chance to fiddle with my new X52 yet, I'll ask anyway...

Is the SST software something that I will have to start (assuming I want to use it) everytime I play AH?  Or will it auto start itself everytime I start my computer and simply run in the background?

On a side note, I really appreciate the discussion in this thread.   When I do finally have the time to break out the new stick, this thread will be very helpful in setting it up.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 08:12:41 PM »
Silly question here, but since I haven't had a chance to fiddle with my new X52 yet, I'll ask anyway...

Is the SST software something that I will have to start (assuming I want to use it) everytime I play AH?  Or will it auto start itself everytime I start my computer and simply run in the background?

On a side note, I really appreciate the discussion in this thread.   When I do finally have the time to break out the new stick, this thread will be very helpful in setting it up.

NO you dont need it at all, you can just shut it off so it don't start at all,go to-start-run-(type)msconfig-startup tab-deselect the saitek-OK, it is just more running in back ground that is not needed.

INK

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »
NO you dont need it at all, you can just shut it off so it don't start at all,go to-start-run-(type)msconfig-startup tab-deselect the saitek-OK, it is just more running in back ground that is not needed.

INK

Unless I want to use it for some of the mapping features mentioned previously?  Yes?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
Unless I want to use it for some of the mapping features mentioned previously?  Yes?

correct :aok

but really every thing you need is in the mapping through AH.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 08:20:57 PM »

correct :aok

but really every thing you need is in the mapping through AH.

Except using the throttle detents for WEP and Engine On/Off, right?  Those are the features that interest me the most.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
Except using the throttle detents for WEP and Engine On/Off, right?  Those are the features that interest me the most.

ya that is cool, I got those mapped to buttons, my system is not so new so it is easier and less work on CPU.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »
Both of these can be assigned in AH without using the SST software.  Just go Options/Controls/Map Controllers and you'll see the slider and rotaries (labled Y Rotation and X Rotation).  Highlight the one you want and select Modify, then "Analog Inputs" and select the analog function you want from the list.  Remember that you have to calibrate these as analog axis which you can do individually from the Map Controllers page or if you choose the global "Calibrate Joystick" function.

While you CAN map these from within AH, you CANNOT map these to do what I wanted without SST... for example... my slider is set for LEFT33%=F1 View (interior), MIDDLE34%=F3 View (Exterior), RIGHT33%=F4 View (God's View).

The Scroll wheel CANNOT be mapped without SST... scrolling one way sends the signal to increase zoom... other way decrease zoom (is it ] and [?  I forget).  Also clicking the wheel turns zoom on/off (Z).  Doing the same thing with shift enabled (bottom trigger) brings the clipboard up (ESC), and zooms the map in/out.

Also, holding the SHIFT and holding the "safe" button under the flap for longer than 1 second sends the "ENTER ENTER ENTER" command for eject... and releasing that button sends the "O" command for open chute.  This way ejection is automatic, but also requires extra steps in case i hit it in error.

Lastly, SHIFT+C sends "/" to open the vox lists and text input.... and releasing SHIFT+C sends the "ENTER" command...  This way I can depress it, see who is in range or who is logged on in my squad... then release it to make the box go away.

I have several other macros programmed this way.. none of which can be done without the SST software.

Yes it does have to run in the background.. yes you can set it up to autoload at bootup.. no it does not use that many resources... I'm pretty sure that my TRACK-IR running in the background probably uses 50% more resources than the SST software (if not more)... then again with my new(er) system and windows 7, I don't even bother to turn off my anti-virus and with ALL SETTINGS maxed except self shadows... I never see a dip below 55FPS and no stuttering.  Turning self-shadows on causes very slight stutters from time to time but I don't feel like it's THAT much of an improvement in eye-candy.

E7300 @ 2.8GHZ
4GB DDR3 RAM
9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3 PCI-eV2
X52+SST+TrackIR+TurtleBeach USB Surround Sound Headphones (using their own drivers)
1024 Textures W/ Hi-Res
AA Maxed out with AH slider
All sliders set to FULL DETAIL
All advanced options on except self shadows (completely off)
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
320MB SATA2 WD HardDrive (nothing fancy)
Avast Home AV

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
That must be done in the SST software but it's easy.  Open up the profile using the SST Profiler and find the Mouse X and Y Axis (they're at the bottom).  Set both Axis as "bands."  It will default to three equally spaced bands for each axis and you assign your trim buttons to the upper and lower bands leaving the center band unassigned as a deadzone.

Clever, I never thought of doing that. Of course I know exactly what your talking about. Thanks, I'll try it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"