Author Topic: Time per Tour  (Read 1697 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Time per Tour
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2009, 04:43:48 AM »
This type of thread crops up every know and then.  Players hours and an opinion that it's very bad to play alot.  Well! ... one mans Taliban is an others Mujahideen.

In the day I've clocked 272 hours and I've regularly done 220.  I think nothing of it for various reasons.  I could for instance spend my time in front of the TV...watching the crap soaps or the repeats of shows that have long since had their day.  Then most shows that are near worth watching have some kind of soap style hook to get you to tune in same time next week.  (yer watch me)  Big Brother!  whats that about... who are the sad gits that watch that?  Shows like cops that repeat... that repeat and repeat the same clip 4 times. Shows that do the repeat thing are nothing more than a tool for selling advertising space.   They ain't worth anyones times.

As for the bloody adverts they drive me insane.  Consumer brain washing is all it is.  We've got kids in the UK wearing perfume (for men haha) and drinking pink coloured alco-pops and they think their cool...FFS.  Most adverts don't even sell their products and punt a fairy tale life style...  you might be a big fat ugly chick but if you eat more of our sexy chocolate prince charming will marry you.  Or Dude you is one hell of a guy, a stud, a chick magnet, worldly wise and our 5 bladed (as if you need more that 1) razor will make you the managing director.   FFS

I could of cause go down the pub.  Talk the same bollocks that I did the night before with the same bunch of guys. 

Then again I could just have some fun doing the stuff that pleases ME.  Irrespective of being ill,poor, out of work and with no kids to tie up my time.   

Taliban or Mujahideen?   

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2009, 08:02:59 AM »
Shows that do the repeat thing are nothing more than a tool for selling advertising space.

Umm... Isn't that exactly what all TV is about?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
American to English translation Muhaaaa. After a few beers its all sounds the same to me LYNX! :salute

420 hours (cough) Bigpat :bolt:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:53:57 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »
Like this thread LAw..
I think in my prime, me and prowl3r logged around 120 hrs for 3 months straight.. Was very addicted.. ! :lol
Now ..  My kids are needing much attention,,
I am pulling anywhere from 20 - 40 hrs a tour...   
Spending most time in specail events....  :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2009, 07:17:14 PM »
Umm... Isn't that exactly what all TV is about?

Not on my planet.  I have the BBC which is advert free.  They used to make some entertaining shows back in the day.  Unfortunately its soaps, reality TV and repeats of those entertaining shows.  Honestly the only show I've watched recently was "spooks", until it put in the soap style hook to tune in next week.  They used to be 1 hour stand alone shows.  And the only advert sponsored show I've made a point of watching is "Flash forward".  Not only is it an entertaining show it's a ground braeking, big budget piece of syndicated TV.  Think it goes to 25 countries in the same week.   

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »
Yeah but take someone like KOOL . He don't even have 2 hour's in and is rank 402 and I bet he was not even trying .
Late War Tour 119 Statistics for KOOL
 01:41:55
Rank 402 4175

Kool's Overall rank is in the 3000 range. Not very impressive.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
10:38:33

Not very long.

Too much happening right now to play AH.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
I think the longest time I have spent on was way back when I first found the game.
Time hh:mm:ss fighter 107:49:14 bomber 30:48:52 attack 18:57:48 vehicle 41:31:10    total 199:07:04

That was back in tour 24, I dont have all my records anymore used to keep up with everything, read everything I could find on planes, acm (turning speed, climbing speeds,diving speeds, compression and how to break it), bombs (what angles to drop, how far they travel at what speeds)

So all total If I was working and back then I only worked about 6 hrs a day I was reading or on aces high less the 4 hours I sleep a day.
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »

Kool's Overall rank is in the 3000 range. Not very impressive.

That has nothing much to do with time. He simply flies fighters only, so he gets a "0" in three out of four categories. Same as with Croft, who is #7 in fighter but "only" 3089 overall.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »
Scores and time mean nothing. Some log on and forget they are on too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:05:29 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »
35 hours 57 mins for me this tour.   :salute
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:50:41 AM by Nutzoid »
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
Scores and time mean nothing. Some log on and forget they are on too.

The time recorded is for ingame(playing) time only. Tower time is not considered.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
Bkhawk had 293 hours in Tour 34 and 255 in Tour 35.  That's pretty awesome! 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
Oh , I see now ...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:18:55 PM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »
American to English translation Muhaaaa. After a few beers its all sounds the same to me LYNX! :salute

420 hours (cough) Bigpat :bolt:

Didn't find the 420 tour, but I did find his 374 tour in LW tour 103.  Sheesh.   :eek:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla