Author Topic: need help on takeoff  (Read 975 times)

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
Re: need help on takeoff
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »
It may also help for you to find someone to fly with that's willing to talk you through some of the basics... there are many that will be more than happy to do so..

The biggest mistake many of us make in the beginning, is to over control the aircraft... Try using very small movements.. If you don't have a stick... I'd get one..

Good luck...   :joystick:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »
and if you dont mind me asking one more thing i have realised with the bombs theye land about 5 seconds after were u had dropped it
so i click b when it is in middle of the bomb sight and it misses how do i know were to drop

icejaff, you can go to the Training arena or go offline and use the Lead Computing site ( the GREEN X to practice where you bombs will land, whether your in a Fighter/Attack plane or in a Bomber......... this will give you visual que's on where the bombs will hit when using level or different dive bombing angles......

hope this helps

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:07:49 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »
and if you dont mind me asking one more thing i have realised with the bombs theye land about 5 seconds after were u had dropped it
so i click b when it is in middle of the bomb sight and it misses how do i know were to drop

Trainers website has a .pdf file  that you can download that outlines the basics of level bombing and how to hit what you're aiming.
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/levelbombing/levelbombing.pdf

Or you can view the article on the trainers website that was posted earlier in this thread. Chances are the reason why the bombs aren't landing where the site is pointed is that the site is not calibrated to your altitude and speed.  That article will explain how to do that.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.