Author Topic: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)  (Read 4890 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Bomber Tactic (not so new)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »
I have seen 60 bombers (180 total) bail this tour when they get attacked but before I can get inside of 3k. Please increase the proxy kill range to 6k but only for bombers and let them guess if its time to bail everytime they see a dot.

:aok

Ok we can go for updating the proxy range to 6k.  but lets set a limit on how long a fighter has before he attacks the buff.  if you dont attack within 30 seconds when you are within 3k, then the buff will score a kill and you will die.  ok j/k about that.

but to be honest lets say you attack a buff, so you will attack when you have the advantage otherwise its a suicide run.  in other words you wanna make sure that if you die you at least get one kill.  that's fair.  so you only want to attack when you have the advantage (altitude, or pilot is busy dropping eggs, whatever), but if you dont have the advantage you wont attack.  in fact u can turn around and run.  or you can attack get one or two kill change your mind because you run out of ammo or whatever and leave.  

isnt the fighter turning around the same as a buff augering, because he dont have the advantage of a sure, or semi-sure kill?  but of course when the fighter leaves its called being smart, but if the buff pilot bails then he's a squeaker when in fact its all the same thing.  which is is also the same thing as when you see a pony, 190, etc. running away from a fite and nobody calls for them to be declared a kill.

augering buffs, is just another way of saving your d/k ration or just denying somebody a kill same as when a fighter runs like hell.  no difference if you really think about it.  :salute

semp
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:25:26 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »
isnt the fighter turning around the same as a buff augering, because he dont have the advantage of a sure, or semi-sure kill?  but of course when the fighter leaves its called being smart, but if the buff pilot bails then he's a squeaker when in fact its all the same thing.  which is is also the same thing as when you see a pony, 190, etc. running away from a fite and nobody calls for them to be declared a kill.

augering buffs, is just another way of saving your d/k ration or just denying somebody a kill same as when a fighter runs like hell.  no difference if you really think about it.

Ask 999000 when was the last time he bailed out of a bomber to support his stats.  That guy could care less about getting bombs on target as long as he gets some fighters to intercept him so he can shoot them down.  Learn to defend yourself with the aircraft, instead of bailing out to deny someone a kill.  Any metagaming in an online game is putrid, and can never be justified.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 09:09:15 PM »
guncrasher I take bombers up all the time and I dont bail unless my lead is spinning without a wong or something. In fact I have one bail this entire tour but one of the bomber pilots I have on film (MANY films) bailing when I was at 3.1k... he has over 100 bails this tour alone!

Pretty much I think everything you said is an attempt to be clever but there is no logic to any of it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »
what I am saying is what is the difference between a guy that bails out in buffs or the one that runs in his fighter so he dont get killed. difference is none.  neither one wants to get killed.  and we all run away on fighters for one reason or another everytime we up.  and yet you expect a guy that is going to lose in a buff to stay and fight when we dont do that in fighters.  now rethink your position.  you want a guy in buff to stay and die and yet you dont think twice of running away in fighter when you know your gonna die.  :bolt:

semp

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:27 PM »
what I am saying is what is the difference between a guy that bails out in buffs or the one that runs in his fighter so he dont get killed. difference is none.  neither one wants to get killed.  and we all run away on fighters for one reason or another everytime we up.  and yet you expect a guy that is going to lose in a buff to stay and fight when we dont do that in fighters.  now rethink your position.  you want a guy in buff to stay and die and yet you dont think twice of running away in fighter when you know your gonna die.  :bolt:

semp

The guy in the fighter is not bailing out to avoid giving away a kill, he's evading by using his speed to his advantage.  If you want to evade in a set of bombers, you're not going to run away--you have to think of another tactic or set of tactics.  Think of some advantages bombers in this game have in the MA and exploit them.  When you do that, it evens the odds.  I used to do a lot of bomber interception in the MA.  When I got sloppy against good bomber pilots, I got killed.  When I wasn't sloppy, there was still a chance that I would suffer some damage that might prevent me from continuing the sortie.

If you're looking for people to agree with you, you're going to need a much more compelling argument.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Templar

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
+1 for disabling the ability to bail out of ANY undamaged aircraft.  :airplane:
Muhahahahhaa

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »
The guy in the fighter is not bailing out to avoid giving away a kill, he's evading by using his speed to his advantage.  If you want to evade in a set of bombers, you're not going to run away--you have to think of another tactic or set of tactics.  Think of some advantages bombers in this game have in the MA and exploit them.  When you do that, it evens the odds.  I used to do a lot of bomber interception in the MA.  When I got sloppy against good bomber pilots, I got killed.  When I wasn't sloppy, there was still a chance that I would suffer some damage that might prevent me from continuing the sortie.

If you're looking for people to agree with you, you're going to need a much more compelling argument.

no my question to you guys still the same

what is the difference between a fighter that turns tail to avoid a fite where he's gonna die and a buff pilot that bails out when he knows he's at a disadvantage and he's gonna die?  None.

and by the way there's really no evading in buffs. you basically have to sit there and take it.  true you have guns but then again, this is one of those situations where you want to force somebody to fight when he doesnt want to and expect a kill.  and yet nobody here would think of asking for a proxie when a fighter avoids fighting and runs. (running away) and bailing its the same thing, when you really think about it.

semp

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 11:53:34 PM »

what is the difference between a fighter that turns tail to avoid a fite where he's gonna die and a buff pilot that bails out when he knows he's at a disadvantage and he's gonna die?  None.

The fighter still has to make it to a friendly base and land.. and not get caught, or run out of gas.. or get ambushed by a ninja bomber pilot.  No 'safe out' like bailing is.

As long as you're airborn, you're exposed.  Perhaps a wandering 262 finds you.. or an LA-7..

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 01:18:52 AM »
Usually if a fighter runs it is to reset their engagement. If a dweeb bomber bails it is b/c he doesn't want to even remotely give a fight. It is just completely lame for ppl to bail instead of fighting. I still have not figured out why ppl are scared to die in a cartoon plane. I am guessing it is for score.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »

and by the way there's really no evading in buffs. you basically have to sit there and take it.  true you have guns but then again, this is one of those situations where you want to force somebody to fight when he doesnt want to and expect a kill.  and yet nobody here would think of asking for a proxie when a fighter avoids fighting and runs. (running away) and bailing its the same thing, when you really think about it.

semp

The difference is the fighter doesnt BAIL out of his plane. A bomber can always plan ahead by climbing to the edge of the atmosphere and make it much tougher for fighters to knock him down and actually by doing that you even it up (in most cases) to where the fighter will offer up a straight six-twelve  exchange of gunfire. The guys that bail in bombers now are doing nothing more than wasting their time and the fighters time by 'pretending' to be on a mission he hasnt got the stones to finish. Once he gets intercepted he bails and starts over and the time spent is not a big deal in bombers but the fighter is shafted for all the time he spent just getting to the bombers alt and in fighters time is a huge part of the equation.

Climbing is the best security feature a bomber has because the majority of players will not climb up that high. Bailing out after someone climbs that high is disrespectful of everyone in the game that is here for a fight.

No... leaving a fight by disengaging and going home is not the same thing and not by a long shot. Thats the 'cute' attempt at being clever I was talking about but it doesnt meet the logic standard. Everyone has the same choices (save when ENY kicks in) when they get to the hangar and when you go to the hangar and select a bomber to fly you should set your mind upon accomplishing your mission and not deciding 'well if I see a fighter I can always BAIL.'

Now that I have thought about it... YES... no bailing without damage I think that sounds good. If someone wants out of their fighter that bad they can just slam it into the ground.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 01:51:48 AM »
The difference is the fighter doesnt BAIL out of his plane.

I was in a fight with a well known player and even before I would work his high and fast Ta152 to a co-E/co-alt position, he bailed out.  He later told me via PM, "Haha! No kill for you." It didn't bother me one bit, it was his loss, he had all the advantages and decided not to take a chance.

It doesn't matter if they increase the proxy distance bonus to 10k, proxy kills don't go on your score card anyway.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 02:04:51 AM »
The SCAREcard of the fighter isnt the point Del (I like that spelling better  :D). The point is that if the bomber pilot gives up a kill through proxy then there is more incentive to stay in the bomber. Right now he can bail in plenty of time after seeing an icon and no one gets a kill on him. I mentioned one guy that has 100+ bails so he has to do this every day! I believe that if he sees "ZIPCODE shot you down" three times every time he bails out then he will stop bailing or at least start flying something he has a chance in (obviously he feels he has no chance in a bomber).

Perhaps it is SCORE that the bomber pilot is trying to preserve because a bail mean 50% of damage versus 25% of damage for a death so right there is where the stones come in. He could still have the 50% damage after getting shot and then bailing with damage but I am betting he would be more inclined to FIGHT and thats what you want of players right Del?  :)

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 02:40:01 AM »

what is the difference between a fighter that turns tail to avoid a fite where he's gonna die and a buff pilot that bails out when he knows he's at a disadvantage and he's gonna die?  None.

I LOL'ed.

You run to dont be killed and be able to land your kills or score more later in sortie.
You bail from intact plane to refuse other guy a kill, but for you its death, you loose, need new plane and so on.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 06:16:22 AM »
ive never bailed from bombers but..... im strongly against this.

If you fighter jocks can pork and auger then why shouldnt buffs be able to bail out?

If you stop buffs bailing out, any damage done by a pork and auger plane should be repaired instantly.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37