Author Topic: getting accused of cheating  (Read 3325 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: getting accused of cheating
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »
better to have USS Enterprise on my side than getting warp drived from 1.5 lol :t
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2010, 11:38:42 AM »
"he refuses to acknowledge that he warps"

Depending on the connection he has, it's possible he doesn't see warps.  I'm waay too lazy to read this whole thread, but with some Satellite connections (such as mine) I don't see people warp, unless it's them or my ping is above 2500.  As with mine I'm about 1.5 seconds behind everyone else, but from me end it looks like I am on par with everyone, it's very confusing.  It makes it so I can pull shots that shouldn't be possible, then other days I'm steady as possible....it's a strange beast.  Then there are people who warp ridiculously and are just...well I'll stop myself there.

I'm sure if us Satellite users could get Cable we would, but as with most of us, we're in the middle of freakin' nowhere, heck the price of cable alone is tempting!  Around here: Cable 45-60$    Satellite 65-85$    /month
One reason I fly MW, they have gotten use to it and let me know if it's out of control, like last night.
Yeah but u apologize and log or try to adjust. Big difference in that and what greens does which is claim uber and rally ppl aournd him. It is also different than JoeBlack who is full of self-justification and tells you that Skuzzy says you have to live with it.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »
Dial-up really shouldn't be that big of an issue.  I fought greens a few times the other night, and he was warping for me too.  Nothing major, but very noticeable.

I had dial-up until about a year ago.  I "tuned" my system a bit for it, and honestly, I see/saw zero difference when I switched to my "high-speed" set-up (I don't remember what it's called...  DSL maybe?  It's still through the phone company, I have router, and my wife can use the internet without being hooked up via cord.  I have a new cord that plugs me in...)

My dial-up connection was 28K, but I could never get a decent connection to the game unless it connected at 24K.  If I dialed-up and it said 26K, I disconnected and tried again...

I'm fairly confident that with some tuning, greens could play just fine with his dial-up too.  IIRC, Data Compression did horrid things for me, and it was "on" by default.  Just turning that off (in two places) solved 95% of my warping issues.  I also set my computer up to run the game on a partition, and only had the absolute minimum running in the background for that.  That helped immensely too.

I live on an old farm in the boonies.  Old, crappy phone lines, held up by derelict poles.  There's more cow-crap on my street than blacktop some days.  Tuning your system makes a huge difference.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »
Dial-up really shouldn't be that big of an issue.  I fought greens a few times the other night, and he was warping for me too.  Nothing major, but very noticeable.

I had dial-up until about a year ago.  I "tuned" my system a bit for it, and honestly, I see/saw zero difference when I switched to my "high-speed" set-up (I don't remember what it's called...  DSL maybe?  It's still through the phone company, I have router, and my wife can use the internet without being hooked up via cord.  I have a new cord that plugs me in...)

My dial-up connection was 28K, but I could never get a decent connection to the game unless it connected at 24K.  If I dialed-up and it said 26K, I disconnected and tried again...

I'm fairly confident that with some tuning, greens could play just fine with his dial-up too.  IIRC, Data Compression did horrid things for me, and it was "on" by default.  Just turning that off (in two places) solved 95% of my warping issues.  I also set my computer up to run the game on a partition, and only had the absolute minimum running in the background for that.  That helped immensely too.

I live on an old farm in the boonies.  Old, crappy phone lines, held up by derelict poles.  There's more cow-crap on my street than blacktop some days.  Tuning your system makes a huge difference.

Wasting your breath.

A few months back Greens had a thread here about his connection (he has had several) and the offer was made to help him "tweak" his dial up and make his warps go away.

I asked him to start a post in tech support and I was going to help him.

Dial up is super easy to "tweak" and if done right is just as or more stable than a high speed connection.  I too flew on a 28k dial up a few years back and it was actually smoother than the DSL I was using previously.(after I tweaked it)  Heck, it was a dial up using a 40+yr old phone system at a hotel I was staying at running through a switch board.

Amazing what a few changed settings and a custom modem string will do for a dial up connection.

Did greens ever make that post in support to get the help?

Of course not.

He would RATHER warp all over the skies.

If he fixed his warping he would get far less kills and die super quick.  (all in all he really is a terrible pilot)

This is why you will now see me comment in a snide mannor on most any thread about him and his warping on the BBS.

Greens CHOOSES to warp. 

It is how he wants it.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2010, 08:40:39 PM »
Wasting your breath.

Greens CHOOSES to warp. 

It is how he wants it.

Ah, I see.

The ol' "horse to water" thing I guess.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
Lute picks i know it!

LOL  :bolt:

fixed :aok (Sorry Lute, couldn't help myself)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »
all i can say is i live in alaska too and i know where greens lives and he does not have access to much help where he is. this is his home

and i know the internet SUCKS out there.

Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
all i can say is i live in alaska too and i know where greens lives and he does not have access to much help where he is. this is his home

(Image removed from quote.)

and i know the internet SUCKS out there.

If it's a matter of tuning his system connections, all he needs is a mouse, a connection, and access to the internet.  The information is available, the fixes are pretty easy, and all he needs to do is ask...

Heck, most, if not all the information he needs is already here in the Forums.

The internet sucks where I live too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:27:39 AM by mtnman »
MtnMan

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2010, 11:48:29 AM »
I have no sympathy for those who will not lift a finger to help themselves. The rest of you bleeding hearts should adopt the same attitude.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2010, 01:55:21 PM »
On my old computer, when I hit the transmit key. My plane did a nice little jig, usually followed by a swandive. Sometimes that was more interesting than actually shooting planes. I encourage fellow red guys to try this. Just nose down full speed, and don't touch the controls for 10 seconds. :D
Only advantage I ever had lagging was hitting the ground first!
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2010, 02:36:18 PM »
Its cool.. I will start running file sharing and other programs as I log in.  If the guy can have a better connection, and chooses not to, without consequence.. well.. watch ;)

This thread brought out some real winners, Agent.. maybe you should have read the entire thread.  Funny how you will go against anything I say, even if its for the wrong party, in spite. I guess when you get clubbed enough you get salty.. poor form.

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »
cheating is the cowards way of saying hello....the one thing that cheaters have in common is that
there behavour will never be admitted till there caught red handed. Example.....Tiger Woods.
    he would have just kept on going had he never got caught.

pay no attention to the name callers

im just sayin.....

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »
this is his home

Frankly, with some of the nut cases out there, I wouldn't of posted this.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
Frankly, with some of the nut cases out there, I wouldn't of posted this.

one good luck getting there. (most folks have to snowmachine in or 4 wheel. the airport does not open this time of the year)

to everyone else i never said i was defending him. i do understand his internet conection is all.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2010, 01:04:39 AM »
cheating is the cowards way of saying hello....the one thing that cheaters have in common is that
there behavour will never be admitted till there caught red handed. Example.....Tiger Woods.
    he would have just kept on going had he never got caught.

pay no attention to the name callers

im just sayin.....

froger

:huh  :headscratch:

Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9