Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 576 times)

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
Few questions
« on: December 31, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »
Ok, I'm new to the game. Just have a few questions.

1: What does "OP" stand for? I'm pretty sure it means noob or something, just was wondering what the acronym meant.

2: Convoys. Are they worth going after? Really what I'm asking is does it make a significant enough impact on a base/cv to be considered a worthy enough target? Can you choke a base, or would it be more target practice?

I did a search on the convoy issue but, didn't really see much of anything. so if someone could explain it a bit more or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thanks

-MadHat
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Few questions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »
OP stands for "Original Post" or "Poster"

The convoy helps the base regenerate if something is down, if you kill the trucks, it slows the regeneration leading to more down time. Now, I believe, even if you kill every resupply truck over and over, the base is still regenerating, but at a much slower pace.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vertex61

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »
OP means Operation.

Convoys give damage but dont Choke a base.

If i'm wrong, someone correct me.
~VeRtEx~

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:18:57 PM »
OP, guess I should have realized that.

Ok, so in theory, if I take a flight to cap a base and we manage to knock down all the flack/vh/fh, by patrolling for convoys i could essentially delay them from popping again long enough so that if we have a problem with a Goon (IE shot down) we can buy it enough time to get back in it?
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »
OP, guess I should have realized that.

Ok, so in theory, if I take a flight to cap a base and we manage to knock down all the flack/vh/fh, by patrolling for convoys i could essentially delay them from popping again long enough so that if we have a problem with a Goon (IE shot down) we can buy it enough time to get back in it?

If I'm not mistaken the hangers stay down for 15 min no matter what! Ack, ordinance and troops/supplies on the other hand is resupplied by convoys/river barges and can be resupplied by a player with M3/251/C47.
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »
OP means Operation.

Convoys give damage but dont Choke a base.

If i'm wrong, someone correct me.

See Spike's post
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 04:22:04 PM »
I have personally sat at a "strat" target (ie; ammo depot, radar facility, etc.) for a few hours in an Osti, killing the trains that resup it. BTW trains run at exactly ten minute intervals, not sure about truck convoys.
Anyways, the point I was tryin to make is that after sitting at a downed strat target (was at 0%) for those two hours, I helped to delay the resup time by about 40-50%. So to answer your question,YES, it will have an impact, even if only a slight advantage is gained like more time for goon makes it worth it to me.

<S> Welcome to Aces High

A8Chustr
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".