Author Topic: 109 Training  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: 109 Training
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »
I dont want easy mode; I actually want to learn...

I settled on the 109K.

Good choice, then.  That's easily one of the most challenging birds in the game.

Be ready to hit the K key on your keyboard, or map it to your stick.  It's necessary for pulling out of dives.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline papjohns

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
Good choice, then.  That's easily one of the most challenging birds in the game.

Be ready to hit the K key on your keyboard, or map it to your stick.  It's necessary for pulling out of dives.

I learned this the hard way yesterday. I made a pretty lawn dart;...at which point I decided that there might be something behind eveyone saying to use trim tabs. Voila! 500mph and I can actually pull out of a dive (I understand that going 500mph is not ideal in the first place :))

As for everyone that volunteered to help me, you'll likely get a "whisper" from me at some point begging for help.

I have also been practicing AGENT360s writeup on the Hammerhead; I just dont seem to get it quite right. Anyone have a video of this (I downloaded agent's narrated ones but I can't get them to work)? As I cut the throttle at around 100mph, then stall, then full throttle forward stick and full right rudder I end up spinning/rolling nose pointed towards the ground.....(which is better than what I was doing when just stalling). Not quite the "magical inverted" result I was attempting.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:09:09 AM by papjohns »
"CAN DO, SIR! "The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer."

Army of Muppets

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »

I remember when you were in the DA furball lake as a noob.  Always butthurt when you couldn't get a 1v1 or you got HO'd. :lol Now there aren't many active players that can beat ya.   :cool:

Dude dont get his EGO going........you might unleash the Ardavon  :devil

- Actually, he is correct, when I first started playing (think, second week), I rode with Grizz in the DA and was blown away, I made it a goal to be able to do what he was doing.

Also, My comment was referring to Agent360 because he spent a lot of time with me showing me how to do moves, taking me to the TA, how to set them up, etc...  But flying & fighting Creton, Grizz, Sunsfan, Warkat and Agent in the DA has made a huge difference in my skills.

I have also been practicing AGENT360s writeup on the Hammerhead; I just dont seem to get it quite right. Anyone have a video of this (I downloaded agent's narrated ones but I can't get them to work)? As I cut the throttle at around 100mph, then stall, then full throttle forward stick and full right rudder I end up spinning/rolling nose pointed towards the ground.....(which is better than what I was doing when just stalling). Not quite the "magical inverted" result I was attempting.

here is a video of doing it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zwnywodo0ad/wingover.ahf

and I think your talking about wing-overs not hammerheads... something I learned from a thread about when to use them appropriately.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,281127.0.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:01:24 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »

Also, My comment was referring to Agent360 because he spent a lot of time with me showing me how to do moves, taking me to the TA, how to set them up, etc...  But flying & fighting Creton, Grizz, Sunsfan, Warkat and Agent in the DA has made a huge difference in my skills.

I figured you were talking about either Agent or Scotch.  It's nice to see though how far you've progressed as a fighter in such a short time.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »
I figured you were talking about either Agent or Scotch.  It's nice to see though how far you've progressed as a fighter in such a short time.

well thank you, you guys are good trainers :).
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
Thanks for the films Ardy!
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »
"doing it", I was talking about a hammerhead, not exactly what agent was talking about. If you follow what agent was talking about, you can figure out how to do all sorts of stuff, like hammerheads, cobra, etc...
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
well thank you, you guys are good trainers :).
Thats right stay humble you lil girl, I dont want to have to whip the Ardavon back into his cage :devil

PapaJohns remember 109K4 is awesome for roping EVERYONE :aok

http://www.mediafire.com/?znh1mjmye0m

Heres a fight I had with Kazwrf, I was in a G14 with tator package

http://www.mediafire.com/?tm4yjgzn1ii#
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 06:36:07 PM »
Thats right stay humble you lil girl, I dont want to have to whip the Ardavon back into his cage :devil

lol, my Ego.... I think Grizz is going to have to slap the Zacky-boy around :devil
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:41:08 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
lol, my Ego.... I think Grizz is going to have to slap the Zacky-boy around :devil

Grizz cant slap me around Im not playing till March  :neener:
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 08:16:10 AM »
I am not the Uber k4 Stick by any stretch of the imagination but I have learned it is an awesome plane.  Most of my k4 kills come from crossing shots at about d200 - d400.  One move I have had a decent amount of success with is against a plane with an alt and speed advantage.

Bad guy at high six.  He begins to make his run on me, I cut to about half throttle and start a lazy right hand turn.  As he gets closer, licking his chops at the easy k4 kill he is about to get I roll and start a low yo-yo.  The bad guy knows the k4 cannot turn with him so he cuts his throttle to start the turn fight.  At the start of the break I am almost blacked out pulling up into the verticle, I see the bad guy wants to start a rolling scissors.  I am coming up to him at full power, he crosses my 3-9 line and I am rolling with him (it is important you roll, and do not try to turn).  There he passes, I am continuing my roll, soon he will cross in front of my nose at about 250 yrds, right where I want him.  The snap shot ability of the K4 is awesome.  As we continue the start of this rolling scissor, he passes right in front of my nose, I pull the trigger at about a plane to 1/2 a plane length in front of him.  One of two things happen, he loses a wing or he goes straight to the tower. 

I have used this maneuver on some of the better sticks and it worked out great.  It does take some practice and a lot of throttle control.  When you have it right it is a lethal combination.

WMTom
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »
I am not the Uber k4 Stick by any stretch of the imagination but I have learned it is an awesome plane.  Most of my k4 kills come from crossing shots at about d200 - d400.  One move I have had a decent amount of success with is against a plane with an alt and speed advantage.

Bad guy at high six.  He begins to make his run on me, I cut to about half throttle and start a lazy right hand turn.  As he gets closer, licking his chops at the easy k4 kill he is about to get I roll and start a low yo-yo.  The bad guy knows the k4 cannot turn with him so he cuts his throttle to start the turn fight.  At the start of the break I am almost blacked out pulling up into the verticle, I see the bad guy wants to start a rolling scissors.  I am coming up to him at full power, he crosses my 3-9 line and I am rolling with him (it is important you roll, and do not try to turn).  There he passes, I am continuing my roll, soon he will cross in front of my nose at about 250 yrds, right where I want him.  The snap shot ability of the K4 is awesome.  As we continue the start of this rolling scissor, he passes right in front of my nose, I pull the trigger at about a plane to 1/2 a plane length in front of him.  One of two things happen, he loses a wing or he goes straight to the tower. 

I have used this maneuver on some of the better sticks and it worked out great.  It does take some practice and a lot of throttle control.  When you have it right it is a lethal combination.

WMTom
Tom,
I think most of the K4 sticks will agree with me here when I say they are trying to force a rolling/vertical scissors because of the snapshot ability of the 30mm. I do the same thing as you except minus the turn back the other way before going vertical, I like rolling over them left at first to keep my E up and also I can set up an intial crossing shot easier that way, watch my film I posted, the first kill on the 47M(choppy sry) but you can see what Im talking about kinda
 :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"