Author Topic: dayton 2010 unoffical post  (Read 10676 times)

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
Re: dayton 2010 unoffical post
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
You weren't saying that after a few beers :)

Was I using the "who's your daddy" line again   :uhoh

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »
Hey now!!!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2010, 09:14:32 PM »
Was I using the "who's your daddy" line again   :uhoh

joo know ma daddehhhh???  :O
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 12:00:00 AM »
He does no my daddy, and no Pete, thats not that words that come to mind.. it was more like "Hey barkeep, can we get a F***ing beer?" :)

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »
WooWooooooooooooooo! 6 more months. Can't wait to make that short 15 hour drive again. Volleyball again?
 :old: Banshee, bring yourself some pads and beware of drunk old men in motion as they are hard to stop and may take a shoulder out. :old:
 :O Should I bring more beads and chem-lights? :O

I'll be leaving the gas cans home this year as the chili will supply all the gas I'll need for weeks.... Right BB?
Having been to both Dayton and Dallas last year, I had way more fun at the Dayton Con. I got to meet a lot of people in Dallas but the game actually got in the way. The rooms looked like a jail cell, drinks were way over priced at the bar and most peeps were consumed in their rigs. Dayton was a good chance to develop "PEOPLE" skills. Lots of fun to be had playing "drunk volleyball", "hide big blue the M chair", "who died in the port-o-potty", "2am slip-n-slide", "guess that hehe giggle-giggle", "guessing what BB is going to do with beads next", "MD's where has that chemlight been", "how many pounds before the chair breaks" just to name a few. Gonna be working on an even stagger as I'm going to be having the left knee joint replaced in two weeks. Yeah, I'll be able to wobble from both sides. SHawk, any word from Chris as to getting power down on the sites this year? Will anyone be bringing the marshmellows for the leeeeetle camp fire? SWhavoc, my hand is up for Lambrusco and any Spumante that might find it's way on for the trip as well as any promo items. Hope to see most of the faces I met last year and some more new ones. Can't wait to corrupt and be corrupted.

1MADDOG1
 :salute :rock :cheers: :bolt:
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
WooWooooooooooooooo! 6 more months. Can't wait to make that short 15 hour drive again. Volleyball again?
 :old: Banshee, bring yourself some pads and beware of drunk old men in motion as they are hard to stop and may take a shoulder out. :old:

I'll be leaving the gas cans home this year as the chili will supply all the gas I'll need for weeks.... Right BB?
Having been to both Dayton and Dallas last year, I had way more fun at the Dayton Con. I got to meet a lot of people in Dallas but the game actually got in the way. The rooms looked like a jail cell, drinks were way over priced at the bar and most peeps were consumed in their rigs. Dayton was a good chance to develop "PEOPLE" skills. Lots of fun to be had playing "drunk volleyball", "hide big blue the M chair", "who died in the port-o-potty", "2am slip-n-slide", "guess that hehe giggle-giggle", "guessing what BB is going to do with beads next", "MD's where has that chemlight been", "how many pounds before the chair breaks" just to name a few. Gonna be working on an even stagger as I'm going to be having the left knee joint replaced in two weeks. Yeah, I'll be able to wobble from both sides. SHawk, any word from Chris as to getting power down on the sites this year? Will anyone be bringing the marshmellows for the leeeeetle camp fire? SWhavoc, my hand is up for Lambrusco and any Spumante that might find it's way on for the trip as well as any promo items. Hope to see most of the faces I met last year and some more new ones. Can't wait to corrupt and be corrupted.

1MADDOG1

Hmm.. couple things to address here.

1. Chem lights - No. People like putting them in places I didn't even want to know existed. :)

2. There was NO one, including myself, that was intoxicated while playing volleyball. (Ok maybe a few of us)

3. This is NOT a con. This is a party. There will be no gaming, flying (unless by Sol, or unless someone wants to bring their rig lol), or anything of the sort. This is a time where we can step back with the people we just met, or meet once a year, and reflect on all of us nerds who play this game. Share tales of how we get our 6's kicked as soon as we are wheels up and how we put torpedoes on town in a fake mission to sink a CV. (Think Del actually landed kills in that one, didn't he K?)

4. Maddog couldn't be corrupted or violated by anyone or anything! :)

That is all....

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »
Cuervo sucks, so bring Mezcal.   THAT is a tequila.   
I have found Hussong's Reposado to be very delightful.   :cheers:

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2010, 10:27:49 AM »

1MADDOG1

leaving the gas cans home would prolly be a good idea! lol ..i would say the kiddies enjoyed the beads along with many adults, i know my rugrats will be staying home this year but im sure they would like if i brought a COUPLE home for them. i have to agree with PK, this is NOT a con, its a weekend of memories of past and present gatherings. remembering past gatherings, the silly crazy things that we all manage to do to make the weekend the most fun any of us can get once a year.

when SGY decided to get people together at her home 4 years ago, it was just a little gathering, a lot of fun, lot of drinkin and goin out on lake michigan on shawk's jetski's was awsome! people assumed that we was going to just hang out and play AH all the time, they was totally wrong. the following year was my turn to plan the gathering, i found out that dayton had a airshow AND the wright patterson airforce museum, what a great place to bring a bunch of virtual nerdy pile-its than this place! its a 2 for 1 deal yo! the first dayton gathering was fun, not as crazy as the 2009 but then again it was still hella fun and had been bigger than the year prior. shawk and wifey robin had been great hosts opening up their home to all of us. scott clearing out the neighborhood and making sure people locked up their children and small animals for the weekend to ensure that we could have a good time. the gatherings had blossomed into something none of us really thought it would. each year gets bigger and better if that is even possible. the campground idea was shawk's idea last year, and a great one at that, it kept us crazy nerds out of the public eye for the most part and everyone chipping in on food and stuff saved us all money on expensive fast food. im glad we have found a spot that will have us back with open arms every year (unless we get too crazy). it seems forever for the day of driving to dayton to come but in a blink of an eye, the weekend is gone in a flash and on the way home im thinking about the next year gathering. i hope that people that have not yet attended go back and look at the pics that was posted and the films that i have posted and see that this is a weekend to remember. you have not joined in the fun yet, try to make it, you will NOT be disappointed in any way and if you have made it to this crazy festival of nerds and had a great time, then i really hope that you will find your way back down there for yet another crazy weekend with us all! there will be no playing AH, there is an airshow, the museum and many other crazy things to do at the campground to keep a family or single person occupied. once you join us in dayton, you will deffinatly want to join us for years to come! get away from the normal every day life and plan a weekend with us! you know u want to!!!!!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »
I agree with Betty here. If you live on the East Coast, and have been wanting to attend, don't think twice. Plenty of people to meet & greet.

It's a blast!  :cheers:

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
Dang Betty, that reads like a sales add.

BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!!!!!!!!!

the beads, memories, the silly crazy things, a lot of fun,awsome! people, hella fun, locked up children and small animals, crazy nerds, crazy, crazy festival of nerds, crazy weekend, crazy things to do at the campground, join us for years to come! You know u want to!!!!!

CALL RIGHT NOW AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF:

a 2 for 1 deal yo!

BONUS OFFER FOR THE FIRST 100 CALLERS:

save money on expensive fast food.

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SPECIAL ON-SITE COOK:

Lets see what the professionals think:

CALL AND MAKE YOUR PLANS TO ATTEND NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Operators are standing by, long distance charges may apply.  Taxes and travel are the responsibility of the customer. "crazy" was used 7 times in Betty's quote.  No sheep were taken advantage of during the assembly of this post.  We cannot guarantee their safety when this is over though.  Sorry Kermit   
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2010, 08:44:29 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl thats some funny stuff right there chef!  :rock
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline SWhavoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
For you sparks drinkers. Have you seen this yet?? :O

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »
 :O

No apples for me.  :)
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »
O boy
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2010, 10:56:54 PM »
O boy

You better come and actually stay awhile this time there kiddo! :)