Author Topic: dayton 2010 unoffical post  (Read 10667 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: dayton 2010 unoffical post
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
I WILL be glad to assist in the emptying of kegs.    :rock

Mrs Messa, let the brewmaster go!!!!   :rock :rock    

Oh yeah, almost forgot.   O|||||||O  :noid

I can go, regardless....

The trick is getting her to go (I'm sure as hell not driving for 9 hours one-way by myself)   :D

Besides, who is gonna light the doobies while I drive?  It's not easy when you are topless/doorless at 75 mph and shifting a 6-speed  :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
I will also help in the keg emptying.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
I can go, regardless....

The trick is getting her to go (I'm sure as hell not driving for 9 hours one-way by myself)   :D

Besides, who is gonna light the doobies while I drive?  It's not easy when you are topless/doorless at 75 mph and shifting a 6-speed  :rock

Oh in that case Mrs Messa, please assist Mr Messa in the driving duties, so we can partake in some Keg Emptying!!!!   Topless?   You're so sassy!    Don't be so mean!!!! :)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2010, 11:52:39 AM »
Oh in that case Mrs Messa, please assist Mr Messa in the driving duties, so we can partake in some Keg Emptying!!!!   Topless?   You're so sassy!    Don't be so mean!!!! :)

Not man-boobs topless, so put the  :banana: away  :D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
Not man-boobs topless, so put the  :banana: away  :D

I was talking about the kegs, honest.   :uhoh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
No........

This is hey now...........

(Image removed from quote.)

SWMBO and I are currently in negotiations.  There must be more entertainment on the agenda than getting tanked with a bunch of computer nerds that play airplane  :D  Some  suggestions, perhaps?   18 hours (round trip) in a Wrangler is not to be planned lightly.

I have concluded that to economize, I will be required to remove the doors from the O|||||||O as to make allowance for beer weight.

This will require SHawk to prevent it from raining.

In the event that it does rain, the blame for said rain falls squarely on the shoulders of Karaya.

For more economy, all that attend will be required to empty the (4) 5 gal. capacity kegs  (no I am not bottling anything so don't ask) before the conclusion of said event as to lighten the load for the return trip.

Looks good Von.  Is that 3 Porters and 3 wheat?  Why does it look like a Mango floating in the carboy closest to the garbage bags?

Entertainment agenda normally includes:  Air show, Air Force Museum, random r/c airplanes and jets, drinking, eating, drinking, slip-n-slide, drinking, live band, running away from naked Boxboy, rope swinging into the lake, eating, drinking, hiding Betty's chair, large fires, drinking, a game that almost resembles volleyball, drinking, Frisbee, kickball, drinking, running from crazy Betty, and sometimes getting some sleep.

I'm wondering how your going to get that much beer and the wife into a O|||||||O.  Saomething may have to stay home.  :uhoh

BTW, cute kid.  I see the proper training has begun.  WTG.

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »

Looks good Von.  Is that 3 Porters and 3 wheat?  Why does it look like a Mango floating in the carboy closest to the garbage bags?

Entertainment agenda normally includes:  Air show, Air Force Museum, random r/c airplanes and jets, drinking, eating, drinking, slip-n-slide, drinking, live band, running away from naked Boxboy, rope swinging into the lake, eating, drinking, hiding Betty's chair, large fires, drinking, a game that almost resembles volleyball, drinking, Frisbee, kickball, drinking, running from crazy Betty, and sometimes getting some sleep.

I'm wondering how your going to get that much beer and the wife into a O|||||||O.  Saomething may have to stay home.  :uhoh

BTW, cute kid.  I see the proper training has begun.  WTG.

(1) Cider (I actually just bottled that after over a year in carboy since last October)
(1) Chocolate Coffee Porter
(2) Hefeweizen
(1) Roggenbier
(1) IPA ("mango" is an ounce of Cascade from the garden dry-hopping in secondary)

I've got a fold & tumble rear seat, plus the kegs are only 5-gallon Corny (Cornelius) kegs.  I've got a hundred # Co2 tank (which is staying at home), a 5 lber (which I'll bring) and a travel pressurizer (takes food grade C02 cartridges) that I'll bring also.  I have no manifold as of yet so we'll have to switch out the tank from time to time.  I also do not have any way of keeping all (4) kegs cold at once.  It's going to be ~ $100 to make  20 gallons (depending on type and if I make 2 different 10 gal or 4 different 5 gal batches), but I may get around to making a jockey-box before then If I can get a cheap price on copper, shanks and faucets.

As far as having enough room, I've got a cargo rack that is usually reserved for the Admiral's (my Grandfather) power chair but I can tie SWMBO to it if needed   :devil

The young man in training is my nephew.  We went to Stoudt's brewery in Adamstown, PA for Oktoberfest.

Ein Prosit, ein Prosit der gemutlichkeit !

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »
Ok I may take heat for this but I will be going to this and I will be living the hardship. I will be using a friends pop-up camper.
  He said as long as it comes back clean there is no problem.

So my big question is, who's not going to be allowed in it by example from previous years???

Don't worry betty I won't believe what box or 5.0 will say.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
Coffee Chocolate Porter

That sounds incredible.  The best brew I ever made was a Cherry Chocolate Porter.  I had a case of it that lasted 20 months in the basement before we enjoyed it at Christmas time.

I have six bottles of cider that my brother brewed about a year ago and 12 bottles of spiced pumpkin ale that are going on 24 months.  To bad they don't travel well or I'd bring some.

Good choice.   :devil

:neener:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2010, 03:04:26 PM »
Ok I may take heat for this but I will be going to this and I will be living the hardship. I will be using a friends pop-up camper.
  He said as long as it comes back clean there is no problem.

So my big question is, who's not going to be allowed in it by example from previous years???

Pfff you can trust Box and I, its Betty I'd watch out for!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2010, 03:48:32 PM »
Coffee Chocolate Porter

That sounds incredible.  The best brew I ever made was a Cherry Chocolate Porter.  I had a case of it that lasted 20 months in the basement before we enjoyed it at Christmas time.

I have six bottles of cider that my brother brewed about a year ago and 12 bottles of spiced pumpkin ale that are going on 24 months.  To bad they don't travel well or I'd bring some.

Good choice.   :devil

:neener:

Made a Pumpkin Lager for Punkin Chunkin this year in Delaware.

10 Gallons.  (2 5 gal kegs)

Got to friends place Friday night.  I think the first keg was kicked by Saturday morning, the second by 3 PM Saturday afternoon......

There were 4 of us:  Me, the wife, my buddy and his wife.        :devil

It was probably the best beer I have ever brewed.  I used a 30 lb pumpkin and had a HORRIBLY stuck sparge (stringy pumpkin pieces everywhere) but I wanted to gelatinize the pumpkin and have the barley enzymes convert the pumpkin starch, also.

I hardly lagered it, either.

Must have poured about half a case worth for the Science Channel team  that was interviewing and filming the group next to us (who were dressed like pumpkins).  It aired on Thanksgiving  night. The host was a riot.  He even asked for two for the road.   :D

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2010, 07:12:06 PM »
OH Cheetstix we got the big DON VON Master on the band wagon now?   BTW ill be the biggest contributer to the keg empying be it by drinking till i puke it back out by being full of the glorious brew  ot cheetingin my pants in honor of Hooch, or by being so dang drung i dropped,forgot, or lost my beer or the river drank it(does happen)!

Von bring the cider for the girls, we'll get the some vinella ice cream to put in it and make  apple pie and ice cream!

The stouts and porters sound great too but we will need something on the lighter side for fresh starts in the AM and for the boy men like 5.0 and PKdumb

btw your on my hit list after last night!    :cheers:
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »
SWMBO is trying to figure out vacation schedule, now.

Cider is all gone, but I'll make sure a majority  of the brew is lawnmower beer   :aok

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »
VonMessa   you gout plenty of tine wo whoop un at least a small batch  to bring with you!

Honestly its July    and i got 20 bucks says you never even tried  cider and vinalla ....... your missing out!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2010, 07:53:20 AM »
VonMessa   you gout plenty of tine wo whoop un at least a small batch  to bring with you!

Honestly its July    and i got 20 bucks says you never even tried  cider and vinalla ....... your missing out!

Gotta have the cider to ferment, bro.  The season is past, here.

Can't be store bought, and can't be Pasteurized.  Also it takes a good 6 months to condition it.

I'll take your $20.  I'm not too awfully far from PA Dutch country and I could rattle off apple dishes/products like Bubba does with shrimp in Forrest Gump