Author Topic: dayton 2010 unoffical post  (Read 10769 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: dayton 2010 unoffical post
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
Don't worry Von, I'll inform the family.  They'll make sure she has that week off.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
Don't get me started.

The problem is, she works in a doctor's office and there are only 5 people including the doctor.  If even one person is out, they are short by 20% of the workforce

My wife has been there for 10 years.  4 years longer than any of the other girls there.  The person in question is the newest employee and is only there because she is a friend of the boss, just got divorced, was in need of a job and needed a leg up until she got back on her feet.  This was a year ago.

Awesome, a month's worth of vacation time after 10 years.  What a squeak she can't decide when she wants to take it............

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
Don't worry Von, I'll inform the family.  They'll make sure she has that week off.

(Image removed from quote.)

If you haven't noticed, my last name ends in a vowel..................    :devil

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »
Ok I may take heat for this but I will be going to this and I will be living the hardship. I will be using a friends pop-up camper.
  He said as long as it comes back clean there is no problem.

So my big question is, who's not going to be allowed in it by example from previous years???

Don't worry betty I won't believe what box or 5.0 will say.

you cant believe these guys! they are just trouble makers! :)

no matter what they tell u, im sweet and innocent  :devil
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2010, 10:31:22 AM »

Looks good Von.  Is that 3 Porters and 3 wheat?  Why does it look like a Mango floating in the carboy closest to the garbage bags?

Entertainment agenda normally includes:  Air show, Air Force Museum, random r/c airplanes and jets, drinking, eating, drinking, slip-n-slide, drinking, live band, running away from naked Boxboy, rope swinging into the lake, eating, drinking, hiding Betty's chair, large fires, drinking, a game that almost resembles volleyball, drinking, Frisbee, kickball, drinking, running from crazy Betty, and sometimes getting some sleep.

I'm wondering how your going to get that much beer and the wife into a O|||||||O.  Saomething may have to stay home.  :uhoh

BTW, cute kid.  I see the proper training has begun.  WTG.

the ONLY one that was runnin from me was AKdogg and it was cuz he didnt have his horde of squadies there to help him so he ran! lol  :D
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2010, 10:36:39 AM »
Sooooooooo Betty, when are you going to start the official "2010 Dayton Mischief and Mayhem" post?

offical post will prolly be done around march or so, only because we dont want a hundred people sayin they will be there and not end up showin up, i would like to get the people that REALLY do plan to attend to confirm they will be there, if others are a MAYBE then they will have to let me know for sure that they will be there and then i will put them on the CONFIRMED to show list. its better to do it this way because of the camp ground and stuff. would hate to tell chris at the campground that we will have 150 ppl and then only 100 or less show up and he would have already shut down the whole campground for us when he could have rented out more spots that weekend.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »
Just to get you in the mindset...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:24:12 PM by 5PointOh »
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »
See Copr, your not completely worthless.

Very nice.  :aok :aok
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »
5 months woot woot!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
OK, here's the scoop.......

Wife can't get time off that weekend.

I am still going to try to go.

So............

I offer to split driving duties, fuel and will provide plenty of beer while traveling in the height of luxury  (doors WILL be left at home, this is non-negotiable.  They misplace themselves in May and I can never seem to find them until sometime in September)  Also, weather permitting, most of the drive will be spent topless, so a hat is an essential, as well as sunscreen for you fair skinned folks and a sweat-shirt for if we drive at night for you easily chilled folks.

6-speed manual so knowledge of driving stick a must.

I will take off from work the preceding Friday and following Monday (preferring to return mid-day on Monday for unpack/recovery time)  I can leave (and will probably try to plan on leaving) Thursday night to avoid traffic or o'dark thirty Friday morning.  I would also prefer to drive relay style as to not have to stop to sleep.  Should  be no problem with at least 2 people switching and a straight drive is preferred.

I live about 20 minutes NW of Philly and will be willing to either pick someone up along the way (deviating 1 hour North or South of the main route, any further will have to make a compromise of meeting me along the way)  or have someone meet me here and ride out to Dayton with me.  I'll even pick you up at the Philly airport if you are coming from far away and want to fly in.   It seems, according to google, to be about a 9 hour run from here to Dayton  Best scenario is 1 passenger so I can leave the rear seat at home for more cargo (beer) room, but not opposed to 4, total (it would be tight, but I do have a cargo rack and it IS a Jeep so improvising is the norm)  I also need some more details about the essentials...

1) food (i assume it's camping, but rather than pack all the food, is there a place close by to purchase groceries?)
2) lodging (tent camping not an issue, but how much for camping spot, is their potable water and/or electric on site?)
3) cost of air show/museum

I'll start from there.....the offer is on the table........   who's game for a road trip?    :devil

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »
Banshee sorry to hear about your loss. 

Dayton, OH might be a first for me.  I am assuming there will be an  :airplane: airshow besides all the  :x hot air all of us  :old: old cusses will generate.

Would be cool if I could hook up with some of my southern buddies and convoy it.  Yes, I'm talking about you Crimson T  :cheers:

Meeting you in Baltimore is not out of the realm of possibility.

Neither is WV, depending upon how far South ( I don't want any to mistake me for a Revenuer)   :noid

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
I'd go, but I'm not sure I'd fit in. I don't drink nor do any recreational drugs of any kind.

I'm looking at you, Del.    :D

Wanna meet here?

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2010, 07:37:59 AM »
1) food (i assume it's camping, but rather than pack all the food, is there a place close by to purchase groceries?)

Super WalMart is @ 15 min away from camp site.

2) lodging (tent camping not an issue, but how much for camping spot, is their potable water and/or electric on site?)

I'm sure the pricing will be announced as time gets closer.  Last year was 20 or 25 bucks a head for the weekend plus $15 for the band and food for Saturday night.

http://www.usats.org/pages/01_purchaseTickets/default.html#1

The museum is FREE.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
Mesa i live in East Berlin, bout 20mins west of York, I am gonna be looking for some one to run with, pm info and I am gonna bring lots of  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: too. Gonna put a cap on pickup and sleep in back ...LOL
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2010, 10:16:12 PM »

Super WalMart is @ 15 min away from camp site.

I'm sure the pricing will be announced as time gets closer.  Last year was 20 or 25 bucks a head for the weekend plus $15 for the band and food for Saturday night.

http://www.usats.org/pages/01_purchaseTickets/default.html#1

The museum is FREE.

Yeah superWalMart  :aok

I figured the campsites were about that  :aok   

What's the band and food on Saturday night all about?

Air show tix are quite reasonable

Free is my favorite price  :banana: