Author Topic: Terrorists 1 rest of the world 0  (Read 2275 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Terrorists 1 rest of the world 0
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »
Truer words have never been spoken.     :rock

Agreed 100%
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »
I think the west has become outlandishly paranoid.  The figures in the thread picture go along way in this argument.  What seems to have slipped everyone’s attentions is that the present measures are capable of protecting us all.  Save for failure of duty or humane error.   I, to some degree, concur with sluggish take on things.  When the next failed radical turns out to be a butt bomber are we all going to be forced to moon the check in clerks?   It’s just getting ridicules.  Unless you’re willing to build fortress USA or what ever country, you just aren’t going to stop a hard-core radical.  Where do you draw the line?   Full strip search with X-rays?  Luggage arriving on a separate cargo plane?  Solid fencing along every runway?  Flares and chaff on final and take off?  I ask you who is suffering the most from the hassle and who’s paying for it?

As for civil liberties.  They mostly impact us by inconveniencing us.  To a degree we all accept it as a bye product of safety.  However, when certain anti terror laws are used out side of the purposes they were intended for, then that’s a different matter.  It’s happened here in the UK.  Not to get all conspiracy theory about this but anti terror and health and bleedin safety will see the end of our rightful liberty if not kept in check. 

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
The US would rather spend a quarter billion on a bunch of VERY invasive machines, that which they might hassle EVERYone equally, rather than do the obvious, as that might look like they were 'profiling'
The one security precaution the government refused to consider was to require extra screening for passengers who looked like the last three-dozen terrorists to attack airplanes.

Since Muslims took down Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, in 1988, every attack on a commercial airliner has been committed by foreign-born Muslim men with the same hair color, eye color and skin color. Half of them have been named Mohammed.
I think we need to hassle a bunch more little old ladies in wheel chairs :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »
The US would rather spend a quarter billion on a bunch of VERY invasive machines, that which they might hassle EVERYone equally, rather than do the obvious, as that might look like they were 'profiling'  I think we need to hassle a bunch more little old ladies in wheel chairs :aok

Oh dude.  Could you visualize the raggy arse bowl popping butt search.....  :bolt:

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »
That's the newest thing I was hearing about...lol I guess they take a laxative...  then cram as much Semtex up there as will fit... :huh
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
Someone else saw it the same way I did.   Amazing.  "Let's single out Karaya!!!!!"   

Well, it is your fault ya know?

:aok :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
I think the west has become outlandishly paranoid.  The figures in the thread picture go along way in this argument.  What seems to have slipped everyone’s attentions is that the present measures are capable of protecting us all.  Save for failure of duty or humane error.   I, to some degree, concur with sluggish take on things.  When the next failed radical turns out to be a butt bomber are we all going to be forced to moon the check in clerks?   It’s just getting ridicules.  Unless you’re willing to build fortress USA or what ever country, you just aren’t going to stop a hard-core radical.  Where do you draw the line?   Full strip search with X-rays?  Luggage arriving on a separate cargo plane?  Solid fencing along every runway?  Flares and chaff on final and take off?  I ask you who is suffering the most from the hassle and who’s paying for it?

As for civil liberties.  They mostly impact us by inconveniencing us.  To a degree we all accept it as a bye product of safety.  However, when certain anti terror laws are used out side of the purposes they were intended for, then that’s a different matter.  It’s happened here in the UK.  Not to get all conspiracy theory about this but anti terror and health and bleedin safety will see the end of our rightful liberty if not kept in check. 

So what's your solution?  Just accept that a couple of us are going to get whacked every few months or so?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2010, 02:00:21 AM »
Think someone wont take a dump in your breakfast, then dont bother reading this post.

Statistics show there is a 1 in 362,499,506 bagrat will poop in your cereal... keep your eyes peeled for pantless bagrats. unless u think u dont have to worry about me poopin in ur cheerios.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2010, 05:50:11 AM »
So what's your solution?  Just accept that a couple of us are going to get whacked every few months or so?

Sorry Stoney but right here is the paranoia that I'm on about..."Every few months".  I can only think of Lockerbie and 9/11 that have targeted the "west" in the last 20 years.  It's been years since a well-organised group took out an airliner.  Granted there have been two (2) attempts since and the words Al-Qaeda have been banded about but the failed bombers are not true associates.  They are little more than sad wanna be's that have put themselves forward with less than sophisticated gear.  Knob heads more so than Al-Qaeda.  Just read up on the shoe bomber.  A failure in life and a failure in death.... thankfully.  I'll wager the knob bomber has a similar profile.  A disassociated sad little twerp out to make a name for themselves.  These attempts are hardly "every few months or so."

I'll put 2 things to you.
1) If they really want to take out an airliner they will.  When my house was burgled a copper said to me "your house is as safe as a pain of glass if they really want to get in”.  Pretty much sums up everything security wise including air travel.  
2) The level of present security is good enough with the exception of human error or dereliction of protocols.  Now that that has been high lighted all that remains is to tighten it up.

It's about time we the people of the west take a factual look at things and throw down the perceived shackles of terrorism and get on with our lives.  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:29:21 AM by LYNX »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »
Tell that to a GI thats in Afghanistan right now........

I wonder, have anyone been turned away at the security gates because they found something suspicious on them?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2010, 07:26:39 AM »
Tell that to a GI thats in Afghanistan right now........

I wonder, have anyone been turned away at the security gates because they found something suspicious on them?

Turned away?  Seriously?  Every time they catch someone (either before or after they make it onto the plane) they hold that person up to the light and say  "See!  This right here!  This is why we have to make travelling even more difficult for honest people!"

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:46 AM »
Good question!

The problem I see is that we have a very odd domino theory, like the one in Korea:  If we
don't stop the reds here, tomorrow they will be in Hawii!

If we do act as the domino effect shows, a problem will eventually emerge; someone will take a step back and see that the measures are outdated.  Then they will slowly be removed as needed to sate the public's need for freedom.

Who said the thing about guns?  Totally agree, all seats should have either a Beretta 9mm or Colt .45 in the armrest, released by the pilot.  A few may fall in the crossfire, but fewer than if the hijacking went unabated.  Kids won't get them.  Gun safety before each flight- to minimize misfire deaths.

Crew members should be given Kriss Super-V's and MP-7's, the more the merrier.  This is meant in all seriousness, you can't hijack a plane with 30-40 guns at your head.  

-Penguin

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
JunkyII

That's twice you have made reference to solders fighting abroad.  They have little to do with this thread.  You're missing the point.  I'm talking about being overly freaked out for the sake of a few failed bombers.  It's not, in my opinion, necessary to make life harder, inconvenienced or legislated against any more so than it already is.

If you insist on persuing the solder line then I'll remind you the knob bomber came from the Yemen.  The shoe bomber was a Brit Pack and the 9/11 crew were Saudi.  None have been Afghans or Iraqi. Solders fighting on our behalf have NOTHING to do with airport security.  That's a different argument to mine altogether.

Penguin

What's with the Rambo mentality?  You do realise what happens when an aircraft is suddenly depressurized right?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »
JunkyII

That's twice you have made reference to solders fighting abroad.  They have little to do with this thread.  You're missing the point.  I'm talking about being overly freaked out for the sake of a few failed bombers.  It's not, in my opinion, necessary to make life harder, inconvenienced or legislated against any more so than it already is.

If you insist on persuing the solder line then I'll remind you the knob bomber came from the Yemen.  The shoe bomber was a Brit Pack and the 9/11 crew were Saudi.  None have been Afghans or Iraqi. Solders fighting on our behalf have NOTHING to do with airport security.  That's a different argument to mine altogether.

Penguin

What's with the Rambo mentality?  You do realise what happens when an aircraft is suddenly depressurized right?
Would you not agree that having the soldiers there prevent attacks against our homes? I think its a valid point when you talk about terrorists....I mean it is called The War on Terrorism

Penguin,
The ROK is definately ok at handling the North by themselves, by 2012 we are to be moving out of the northern areas and will be used as a support option for the ROK.

As all the Generals over here say......The ROK/US alliance is stronger then ever

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2010, 09:14:08 AM »
Sorry Stoney but right here is the paranoia that I'm on about..."Every few months".

Just because things don't make the paper, it doesn't mean they aren't happening.  But, every new attempt is aimed at exploiting some perceived weakness.  I agree that the shoe-bomber and this latest knucklehead both appear to be clowns of the terrorist world.  However, the real perps are extremely patient and persistent people.  They tried to blow up the WTC once and failed, but came back 7 years later and achieved a success beyond their expectations.  9/11 emboldened them, inspired these wanna-bes like the Shoe Bomber, et al, but they will be back.  We made the airports and airplanes hard targets.  They moved on to trains (twice) and buses.  We make the trains and buses hard targets, they'll move on to the next thing we haven't thought of.  Until they're either all dead, or lose their zealousness, we're stuck with this crap forever.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech