Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23608 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2010, 03:07:07 PM »
Oh I HATED you.  Despised you.  With every fiber of my virtual being.

Could never find a way to best your LA7 for the longest time... the difference is that when you talked smack, I laughed. Wink  No one who bothers to type on 200 is even close to entertaining, anymore.

Hah, that's precisely how I felt when Shane and his La7 came along.  I was spoiled by flying with Fester/Cit or Lazer when I flew back then, and used to poaning everything in site.  However, a lot of "WTF's!" were heard by the wife whenever I ran into Shane.

X2 on the ch200 a la Shane here as well, nothing go me laughing harder than him smacking someone after a fight.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
I have heard by many many sticks that you are, always have been, and will always be the "best".    

That would be "Drex" ... followed very closely by Leviathn.

Shane, IMHO, is in the top 10 ... of all time.

Drex
Leviathn
Kappa
Fester
Wildthng
Furball
Morpheus
Stang
Dedalos
Shane
BatFink
Creton
Killnu
Wadke
Greebo
Delirium
TwinBoom
Lazer
Sax
Beemer
Toad
Mistu
Mathman
MANETMP
iceMAW
38MAW
JB42
SkyRock

there are more ...
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
good list Slapshot.  I tried to separate the "older generation" that do not play (or hardly play) anymore from the current group that plays regularly.  I did forget Greebo on my list (cant believe I did that).

Another name to add that not longer plays...Taki.  I hated that guy for the longest time.  He whooped me all the time.  Finally made the "break though" and got him a few times, was like a weight off my shoulders lol.  He was pleasant to wing with as well.

Nomak would be one other I add to that.  He taught me an awful lot in the DA.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:30:55 PM by killnu »
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
I loved Taki, he would save my arse from being shot down all the time back when I was a 2 weeker. <3

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
That would be "Drex" ... followed very closely by Leviathn.

Shane, IMHO, is in the top 10 ... of all time.

Drex
Leviathn
Kappa
Fester
Wildthng
Furball
Morpheus
Stang
Dedalos
Shane
BatFink
Creton
Killnu
Wadke
Greebo
Delirium
TwinBoom
Lazer
Sax
Beemer
Toad
Mistu
Mathman
MANETMP
iceMAW
38MAW
JB42
SkyRock

there are more ...

Definitely a good list Slappy. Pretty much sums it up. Take away furball (  :banana: ) and skyrock ( :neener: ) and you got yourself an AH Hall of Fame..  :D
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »
Has anyone added Slapshot and his damn FM2 or F6F?  I hate running into him down low!  The old 56th guys in their Jugs always did things in them that I didn't see anyone else do.  Ran into a guy named Jugler who was doing some crazy things in a Jug on the deck  Shade? Not sure but scary good in it.

OlDemon does things in a 51D on the deck I don't see other guys do either.  No idea how he turns it so well.

Seems like there are lots of guys who have mastered individual birds and get more out of them then anyone else.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2010, 03:41:59 PM »
   There are lot of good players out there. Over the years the list has continued to grow. I havent seen alot of some of them lately.

~AoM~

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2010, 03:42:20 PM »
Has anyone added Slapshot and his damn FM2 or F6F?  I hate running into him down low!  The old 56th guys in their Jugs always did things in them that I didn't see anyone else do.  Ran into a guy named Jugler who was doing some crazy things in a Jug on the deck  Shade? Not sure but scary good in it.

OlDemon does things in a 51D on the deck I don't see other guys do either.  No idea how he turns it so well.

Seems like there are lots of guys who have mastered individual birds and get more out of them then anyone else.

Or wilbus in that damn Ki-84.
See Rule #4

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »
Has anyone added Slapshot and his damn FM2 or F6F?  

is that what he's flyin now a days? Use to be able to up a spitV (b4 they took our ammo  :furious ) fly on the deck under a furball and spot another one and pretty much guarantee it to be slappy kickin ass. He'd be on my list.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »
Or wilbus in that damn Ki-84.

Mitsu was another one.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
did anyone mention wetrat(tartew), or 2Bighorn (Bodivia?spelling? ) or Widewing, or Sniper, TW9 or, or Flyboy, or Jish102, or Octavious, or well as has been mentioned most of the ones posted in all these list have not been around much if any lately........

and this thread is asking The top sticks of today which I myself wouldn't have a clue........ and I strongly feel I should not have even been mentioned in this thread at all....... I am way past my prime and am on the down slope  :old:...... but I still view it as this:

Damned If We Do, No Fun If We Don't  :aok

:cheers: to the new up and coming Furballing Dogfighters  :cool: may you all have many good fights and memories.....

"The Fight" that's what it's all about

Kazaa, DrBone, Bruv119, TonyJoey ( The Son ), Bosco123, JunkyII, Vudak, hlbly (not a new guy...but is somewhat newer to AH and frequently flying )

alot of Good Hope for Aces High's Future...........may they carry on the sacred tradition of what this sim is truly about........  :airplane:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:33:44 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »
I hope to get up there someday... 

I just have to keep working at it and studying and getting the girlfriend to allow me playing time.

Pervert is a pretty damn fine stick too.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »
did anyone mention wetrat(tartew), or 2Bighorn (Bodivia?spelling? ) or Widewing, or Sniper, or Flyboy, or Jish102, or Octavious, or well as has been mentioned most of the ones posted in all these list have not been around much if any lately........

and this thread is asking The top sticks of today which I myself wouldn't have a clue........ and I strongly feel I should not have even been mentioned in this thread at all....... I am way past my prime and am on the down slope  :old:...... but I still view it as this:

Damned If We Do, No Fun If We Don't  :aok

:cheers: to the new up and coming Furballing Dogfighters  :cool: may you all have many good fights and memories.....

"The Fight" that's what it's all about

Kazaa, DrBone, Bruv119, TonyJoey ( The Son ), Bosco123, JunkyII, Vudak, hlbly (not a new guy...but is somewhat newer to AH and frequently flying )

alot of Good Hope for Aces High's Future...........may they carry on the sacred tradition of what this sim is truly about........  :airplane:

its hard to remember ALL the old good sticks. i dont think ive seen anyone mention yucca either. or attila mwhun xnachox for that matter  :aok

edit: Badboy from the bk's too
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:14:55 PM by TW9 »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »
TC, one of 1,000 names was Bovidae lol. He is trying to come back but he is so old, by the time the computer boots up, he forgets why he turned it on lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »
Well that's the thing about these type of lists, or any subjective list for that matter - it's all about who we encounter most or who stands out - a few are more or less agreed upon and the rest get all jumbled up.

My claim to making the list (in the past) was as equally attributable to my smack as much as it was my willingness to mix it up.

One of the nicest things anyone said about me in AH (and yeah, I've done my time helping, etc) was from Morpheus (and hoping his rehab continues):

"Shane is very consistent at being inconsistent and unpredictable.  You always have to stay on your toes with him.  Pay attention to the closure rate on merge – that will give you a good idea of his E.  You will get to know how fast the other plane is by how fast the distance meter is ticking down.  Again, something that will come with time and practice.  Any kill on Shane is hard earned and never given to you.  He always makes me work hard, and will always make you push your limits.  ~Morpheus"

I'll take  a compliment like that over making a list any day.

<edit: I'd trade it all for better gunnery.  :noid >

I dont really have much of a list to offer up as most of the better pilots. Or ones I know to be better pilots, I dont meet up with all that often to make that determination. particularly in the MA. With so much else you have to try to be constantly aware of.

Shane, You would definitaly be on any list I'd have as one of the best. Because I've had enough encounters with him to know that with a pretty good degree of certainty. Shane is one of the ones I make mental notes of whenever I encounter him can identify him when he's around. He is also one of the ones I will make a point of going after when I know he's around. Not just to get a kill on him. But rather because I know he is potentially one of the greatest threats and I'd much rather have him in front of me. Then for him to suddenly turn up behind me as is what is often prone to happen when some of the better pilots are around.

With someone that dangerous in the area. You just cant count on someone else to deal with him

Master of causing the overshoot, then making you pay for doing so. I'd have to agree with pretty much everything Morpheus said.
Under the best of circumstances. Shane is no easy kill, even when out numbered.

I'd have to give credit to Shane for some of the evasives I use in game to cause overshoots. Though most are easier to successfully pull off in the La then the D9. I've used alot of his moves as a basis on developing my own. Which has saved my arse on numerous occasions. I just wish I could capitalize more often (gunnery)on gained positions on some of the better pilots as I often find myself having pulled off a move and gaining the position I wanted. Only to end up missing the shot in the very brief time its available.

And that seems to be a constant in all the best pilots. They dont remain a shootable target for long. So when you do get those opportunities. You better make them count before they do.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty