Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23598 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
i guess i need to start going to the DA, my problem is when I'm in a fighter is not know when or when not to dive into a fight, or trying to get the plane to do something its just not capable of doing which always ends up in me dying  :headscratch:  I don't care about "rank" but i do want to improve greatly and hopefully someday be thought of as a great stick, I'm good but theres so much room to improve and like i said i wanna learn better ACM and SA, all the 1v1 i find myself in is a 50/50 chance either i die or win, provided no one tries to cherrypick who I'm fighting or me  :headscratch:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
I have not been around too much to know all the pilots mentioned earlier, and I never flew much in MA either..
But the names of good sticks that pops up in my mind is Agent360, Bentnail, Spacy, EAce, Fiat, Pervert and Nrshida. The list should be much longer, but atleast I've put in a few more names that should not be forgotten..  :salute
TheStig

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2010, 03:17:55 PM »
Wilbuz & KillnU for introducing me to how devastating & scrappy the ki-84 can be in skilled & determined hands :D
Bruv119 Kazaa Batfink(kazaa probably best stick in the game at the moment)

a couple of the muppets obviously as they've always been my choice opposition
sunsfan agent360 skyrock always turned up for fun fights vs them kay-fizzles grizz & moot for flying that annoying tata thing I can never see if it's coming at me or what direction its going.

I haven't played for a while so I probably don't remember all the names of my most encountered villains.

oh and just thought i'd put in a dishonourable mention for these two guys who have never given me an even remotely interesting fight:

Top Overall Ranking – Hoagi, runner-up pacerr

Probably the two worst & pathetic nonfighting sticks with the best ranking in the game... huzzahh!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:30:32 PM by RumbleB »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »
(kazaa probably best stick in the game at the moment)

Im gonna have to disagree. Although kazaa is a beast. But it really is a toss up of a few players. Kazaa has great ACMs SA. Grizz is the master of finding the angle. You show him the slightest bit of an angle you are a dead man. His aim is the best ive ever seen.

And this whole Levi and Drex deal. well, theryre not here are they? Long gone and most likely wont be back. So that says enough for me. They were unreal in the day. But this isnt yesterday, its now and tomorrow.

Here is a list of players i love fighting.

most of the muppets
most of the 80th ladies  :neener:
Kazaa
bruv
Dedalos and i have had some great fights
Batfink
JB11
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:38:48 PM by BiPoLaR »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2010, 03:41:56 PM »
Im gonna have to disagree. Although kazaa is a beast. But it really is a toss up of a few players. Kazaa has great ACMs SA. Grizz is the master of finding the angle. You show him the slightest bit of an angle you are a dead man. His aim is the best ive ever seen.

And this whole Levi and Drex deal. well, theryre not here are they? Long gone and most likely wont be back. So that says enough for me. They were unreal in the day. But this isnt yesterday, its now and tomorrow.

Here is a list of players i love fighting.

most of the muppets
most of the 80th ladies  :neener:
Kazaa
bruv
Dedalos and i have had some great fights
Batfink
JB11

dedalos scares me as much as cobia and snaphook.  :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
Kosta's dweebery is only exceeded by Ack Ack's disdain for chigga flicka's.    :uhoh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2010, 03:44:56 PM »

The thing is, there's a group of pilots who are able to kill one another based on the setup and shots each miss.  It's tough to find out who is truly 'better' between pilots who are so close.  You'd honestly have to fight many many fights in many different aircraft spanning over many dueling sessions and tally the results.  It's like a poker match, playing 10 hands and then tallying who won more money isn't an indication on who the better player is.  You have to play tens of thousands of hands before the edge is exposed.  I think you'd honestly have to duel a guy in excess of 100 duels in various aircrafts to figure out who is 'better' when it comes to elite sticks.  It doesn't matter though, once you get to a certain point it's all in fun and it doesn't matter as long as you get the competitive juices flowing and each guy wins his fair share.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »
I still seemed to be overlooked here, I've been able to beat quite a couple of people there, and multipule times to boot. I have quite a few KOTH wins under my belt, only time I don't win now is because I am not there to finish the whole thing, and even then I still come out with a win or a be a wabbit. Everytime I'm there at KOTH to finish it I win. Anytime someone wants me to prove it, I would be glad to.

Well, there must be a reason no-one mentioned you. I don't run into you so you may very well be the terror of the skies but to mention/nominate yourself is really really funny to me   :lol    :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
The thing is, there's a group of pilots who are able to kill one another based on the setup and shots each miss.  It's tough to find out who is truly 'better' between pilots who are so close.  You'd honestly have to fight many many fights in many different aircraft spanning over many dueling sessions and tally the results.  It's like a poker match, playing 10 hands and then tallying who won more money isn't an indication on who the better player is.  You have to play tens of thousands of hands before the edge is exposed.  I think you'd honestly have to duel a guy in excess of 100 duels in various aircrafts to figure out who is 'better' when it comes to elite sticks.  It doesn't matter though, once you get to a certain point it's all in fun and it doesn't matter as long as you get the competitive juices flowing and each guy wins his fair share.

Well put, which is why I'll usually say Drex and Levi (they ARE in a class all by themselves), then everyone else.   It isn't a "slam" on anyone who is a great stick.  It is the bold quote above which has a few people scrambling for 3rd and the rest of say...the top 10.   ANYONE from 3rd to 10th could whip each other's arse, but then have a complete outcome every time.    

Again, excellent summary Grizz.   :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »
exactly what i said before. There isnt a best. you can be beat on any give day by anyone. You have great sticks, good, ok and learning. but no one is the best.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2010, 03:55:29 PM »
Well put, which is why I'll usually say Drex and Levi (they ARE in a class all by themselves), then everyone else.   It isn't a "slam" on anyone who is a great stick.  It is the bold quote above which has a few people scrambling for 3rd and the rest of say...the top 10.   ANYONE from 3rd to 10th could whip each other's arse, but then have a complete outcome every time.    

Again, excellent summary Grizz.   :rock

Masherbrum.

Do you not think Wilbuz falls under Godlike status with Levi and Drex?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »
Well, there must be a reason no-one mentioned you. I don't run into you so you may very well be the terror of the skies but to mention/nominate yourself is really really funny to me   :lol    :aok

Oh lol I missed that gem.

Ok then Bosco123, I will now dedicate this post to top guns who've been overlooked:
zoozoo
JohnnyRaJr
The whole of TA AeroNOTfighters.
that funny sounding italian kid whos name i can never remember
that jamaican guy "JAH BETTA WATCH OUWT FI DAT HOOOORICAAYN MON"

Masherbrum.

Who pays attention to the europeons?!

but yea, wil "HOW IS THAT GUY NOT DEAD YET" buz always had about 8 eyes and 3 brains.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:00:16 PM by RumbleB »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
Never wanted to mention myself as a candidate. 16 pages and no mentions?

Maybe people don't hold you in high enough esteem as you seemed to hold yourself.  Just sayin'.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »
Masherbrum.

I've never come across some "as consistent" as those two Kazaa.   Sure they're going to "not land at times", but I don't know of many folks that dogfight with bombs attached to their planes and still land 5+ kills (Drex).  

Greebo is the closest "consistent" person to them IMO.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2010, 04:05:42 PM »
I've never come across some "as consistent" as those two Kazaa.   Sure they're going to "not land at times", but I don't know of many folks that dogfight with bombs attached to their planes and still land 5+ kills (Drex).  

Greebo is the closest "consistent" person to them IMO.  

So, are you saying Wilbuz wasn't consistent? I'm not sure how it answers Kazaa's question.
He was pretty consistently outnumbered yet annoying the hell out of opposition every time I've seen him.