Author Topic: The top sticks of today...  (Read 23337 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The top sticks of today...
« Reply #330 on: January 21, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »
Junky is either currently stuffed in some crate in the back of a military air transport, or recovering from jet lag at the nearest watering hole to the exit ramp.
It is alittle wierd to land 2 hours before you took off on the same day..... :headscratch: :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2010, 07:34:37 PM »
Stogey could take on everyone mentioned at once and still come out on top.
Yep...gotta side with Mensa and Kj on this one, Stogey will break out that 55gal drum of whooparse in his back room!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
It is alittle wierd to land 2 hours before you took off on the same day..... :headscratch: :D
Yep just did that my self this week.

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »
Lot of great sticks on the list.  Ill leave it  to others who they think is the best. I suck so bad the list would be huge. I can give an ok fight. But the ones that can own me. <S> you know who you are.

I find it interesting of how much skill they do have to be in the top 1%. but the difference between the top 1% and the top 5% can still be night and day.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »
Lot of great sticks on the list.  Ill leave it  to others who they think is the best. I suck so bad the list would be huge. I can give an ok fight. But the ones that can own me. <S> you know who you are.

I find it interesting of how much skill they do have to be in the top 1%. but the difference between the top 1% and the top 5% can still be night and day.

I desagree.  I think the differences at top are very small. They could mean that player a beats player b 100% of the time but all it would take to equilize them is a small adjustment and the rolles will be reversed. Of corse player A will adjust eventually reversing the roles again. This process goes on constantly and that us why you cant have one best. Depends on the day. That is for top 10%. Below that theres chaos lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
I desagree.  I think the differences at top are very small. They could mean that player a beats player b 100% of the time but all it would take to equilize them is a small adjustment and the rolles will be reversed. Of corse player A will adjust eventually reversing the roles again. This process goes on constantly and that us why you cant have one best. Depends on the day. That is for top 10%. Below that theres chaos lol

Told someone I was training just yesterday that the diff. between the top 10 and the top 100 is energy management.  The top 10 can squeeze that LITTLE EXTRA out of their rides and gain angle/advantage.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

I would hardly say you suk  :salute

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »

I agree to an extent but I would argue the better of the two will be able to make effective adjustments between fights quicker and win more fights in a large sample sized set.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
Told someone I was training just yesterday that the diff. between the top 10 and the top 100 is energy management.  The top 10 can squeeze that LITTLE EXTRA out of their rides and gain angle/advantage.
Id have to disagree about the difference being energy. IMO the piloting ability of the top 10% is about the same, the aim though is where the difference is made, I know alot of the good sticks "give a shot, to take a shot" and they win the fight because they make the shot.

not saying Im right just my opinion :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »
the top 20% kick my tail. but it sure is fun.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
Id have to disagree about the difference being energy. IMO the piloting ability of the top 10% is about the same, the aim though is where the difference is made, I know alot of the good sticks "give a shot, to take a shot" and they win the fight because they make the shot.

not saying Im right just my opinion :salute

you are more right then you relize,  "The better "shot" will almost always win against the better "stick",   wish I could remember who said that, it was an WW2 ace,  I also have seen it first hand in AH.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »
you are more right then you relize,  "The better "shot" will almost always win against the better "stick",   wish I could remember who said that, it was an WW2 ace,  I also have seen it first hand in AH.
I should have also added the ability to "scrub" a shot, or make it more difficult to read where you going to be when you do come towards your opponents guns :salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2010, 03:29:19 PM »
I agree to an extent but I would argue the better of the two will be able to make effective adjustments between fights quicker and win more fights in a large sample sized set.

True dat

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2010, 05:17:13 PM »
Hey Ded we are in violent agreement. on the top sticks

If you take the top 6% and they can beat the other 94% most of the time. If you then take the top 1% they can beat the next 5% most of the time.  IM not so sure it is the top 10% of sticks. If there are just 6000 sticks in the game the top 1% would be just about 60 names. Of the top 60 we are in agreement. I just don't think that there are 60 names on the list.

Just my 2cents worth.

fun fights by the way the other night, Still can't get past 4 merges with you most of the time, but i will keep trying.
 :salute

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

If I could shoot I would be one dangerous mofo. Unfortunately poor gunnery and ACM are my strong points :D