Author Topic: Keyboard Filter  (Read 459 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Keyboard Filter
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:35:35 AM »
What is it, and where do I get a driver for one? My computer is informing me I am missing the keyboard filter driver, but when I went to the HP website and searched the drivers for my particular model, there was nothing called a keyboard filter...

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: Keyboard Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 04:47:50 AM »
It wont be labeled as a "filter driver" on the website.......... this is in laymens terms the driver that controls the special functions on your specific keyboard such as quick launch keys etc

just look for the standard drivers for your specific keyboard model... it will contain what you need
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:49:32 AM »
It wont be labeled as a "filter driver" on the website.......... this is in laymens terms the driver that controls the special functions on your specific keyboard such as quick launch keys etc

just look for the standard drivers for your specific keyboard model... it will contain what you need

This is for a laptop... so, what keyboard model would that be? There was nothing labeled keyboard filter on the drivers page for my specific laptop.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:12:44 AM »
what model laptop? and this is Win7?

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:19:36 AM »
what model laptop? and this is Win7?

Win7, HP Pavillion DV6 1260se Artist Edition

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 05:24:23 AM »
its the one on their site labeled HP Quick Launch Buttons........ I see you have 2 threads going on the same topic...... and in your other thread you said you just updated this driver............ try a Rollback......... or delete and reinstall

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
its the one on their site labeled HP Quick Launch Buttons........ I see you have 2 threads going on the same topic...... and in your other thread you said you just updated this driver............ try a Rollback......... or delete and reinstall

It's the quicklaunch buttons that caused the other issue? How would I rollback or delete the driver? I am having a hard time finding my way around windows 7.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »
unless theyve changed it for Win7 just goto the device manager and right click on your keyboard in the list and select properties

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
unless theyve changed it for Win7 just goto the device manager and right click on your keyboard in the list and select properties

I don't see anything mentioned for drivers under properties.