Author Topic: Future GV included fsos  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Future GV included fsos
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 09:00:11 AM »
My issue with GVs is that they are not modeled to the same standard as the aircraft in AH.  Otherwise they might be interesting to drive, but at the moment they are boring to me.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:07 PM »
My issue with GVs is that they are not modeled to the same standard as the aircraft in AH.  Otherwise they might be interesting to drive, but at the moment they are boring to me.
qft
The other issue that I have with GV's in FSO is that the historical choice is abysmal making anything close to a historical match up impossible in most cases.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
qft
The other issue that I have with GV's in FSO is that the historical choice is abysmal making anything close to a historical match up impossible in most cases.

I would think that T-34/85 plus T-34/76 versus Tiger plus Panzer IV is pretty even...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
I would think that T-34/85 plus T-34/76 versus Tiger plus Panzer IV is pretty even...
So we've got a barebones Eastern Front set...
Don't we usually have some kind of unholy mixture of The Tiger, T34/85, and Firefly almost no matter what is run?

I don't really follow the ground war unless I'm assigned to it so I apologize but here's an example of what I mean.

In Dawn of Battle PzKpfW IV's were sub'd in for Shermans with 75mm guns. That's the kind of stuff that kills the ground war for me. It's not about the gameplay, it's that if I wanted to shoot a Panzer in a Panzer I'd play in the MA.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:00:00 PM by Motherland »

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 12:19:08 AM »
So we've got a barebones Eastern Front set...
Don't we usually have some kind of unholy mixture of The Tiger, T34/85, and Firefly almost no matter what is run?

I don't really follow the ground war unless I'm assigned to it so I apologize but here's an example of what I mean.

In Dawn of Battle PzKpfW IV's were sub'd in for Shermans with 75mm guns. That's the kind of stuff that kills the ground war for me. It's not about the gameplay, it's that if I wanted to shoot a Panzer in a Panzer I'd play in the MA.

I'll make you a promise Bubi, I'll never make you go Panzer vs. Panzer in FSO.  The only repetition I see being required right now is using M8s for Sd.Kfz 231s, and some issues with AA vehicles.  My setup for this month was going to be the 4 tanks described above plus M8s, M16s, for both.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 10:09:08 AM »

The problem with volunteer events is that people won't staff certain tanks.  FSO is a draft event, people have to staff them.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
I'll make you a promise Bubi, I'll never make you go Panzer vs. Panzer in FSO.  The only repetition I see being required right now is using M8s for Sd.Kfz 231s, and some issues with AA vehicles.  My setup for this month was going to be the 4 tanks described above plus M8s, M16s, for both.
I only said that I don't enjoy that kind of thing... I understand that you guys do what you can with what you've got.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 10:20:06 PM »
I only said that I don't enjoy that kind of thing... I understand that you guys do what you can with what you've got.

Well, some things might be worth waiting until we have the tools to do it properly.   :aok

HiTech

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
Well, some things might be worth waiting until we have the tools to do it properly.   :aok
That's always my opinion... ;)