Author Topic: Best plane for high alt buff killing  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Best plane for high alt buff killing
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »
Do you actually have any success using the B-25H in this role? 

No he doesn't.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »
have alt advantage, get them far from your base. gives plenty of time to climb. speed matches most buffs while using WEP, and you just need more practice with the gun, and it helps to carry a gunner

Speed does not match most bombers when using WEP. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »
No he doesn't.

ack-ack

I already knew that  ;)
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2010, 10:42:44 PM »
My thoughts on this.  I tend to fly the TA152 for buff hunting.  I take 100% and a Drop Tank.  I let it auto climb to 30k or so, and anything underneath me is fair game.  If I see a set of buffs in front of me at 20k while I am at 30k, I will wait untill I am almost over top of them then dive.  I find that by doing that you dont have to hardly use any munitions.  I aim for the wingroot at the top, I fire a short burst in this area and the buff will usually catch on fire.  I then zoom back up and repeat.  You do that, it is hard for the buff to hit you.   Another tactic is to come in on their high 12, dive in and HO them.

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 06:47:27 PM »
My thoughts on this.  I tend to fly the TA152 for buff hunting.  I take 100% and a Drop Tank.  I let it auto climb to 30k or so, and anything underneath me is fair game.  If I see a set of buffs in front of me at 20k while I am at 30k, I will wait untill I am almost over top of them then dive.  I find that by doing that you dont have to hardly use any munitions.  I aim for the wingroot at the top, I fire a short burst in this area and the buff will usually catch on fire.  I then zoom back up and repeat.  You do that, it is hard for the buff to hit you.   Another tactic is to come in on their high 12, dive in and HO them.

:aok
I always make vertical dive attacks on buffs. hopefully near the target as that gets them 'head down' in the BS.
But i wonder it the 8 50s on the 47, thro out the same 'destructive power' as the 20s/30s of the 152??

personally, i take the 51, the 47 just takes too long to climb.
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »
But i wonder it the 8 50s on the 47, thro out the same 'destructive power' as the 20s/30s of the 152??

Not per second... but in a way it's more an academical question as a P-47's firepower is still more than adequate at killing buffs. ;)
And if counting in ammo capacity, the P-47 is carrying more destructive power around than the 152.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman