Author Topic: Please leave me feedback  (Read 1761 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Please leave me feedback
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 03:00:27 AM »
i gotta clean my monitor now i just spit beer on it from laughing

It was so pathetic I couldn't even force myself to laugh.

I mean, SERIOUSLY, how could you put a whole bunch of AMERICAN squadron patches and whatnot, and an AMERICAN CARRIER over, OVER a picture that has nothing to do with United States Naval Aviation, or even the COUNTRY! What you have done puts you high up there on my book of stupidity. Next time, try matching the emblems and such with a picture that has to do with those emblems, and use a better program.

You asked, I answered. I hope I didn't crush your dreams or break your heart or anything. You'll get better with time and age, just keep trying. You'll get there eventually.. At least, one could hope so.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 08:30:31 AM »
Ouch Joe.

Ok GrnEglJr. That was probably not the best move you could've done. 1st, you didn't cover the seal in the top left corner (writing is showing beneath the aircraft carrier) 2nd your seals tend to clash with the rest of the picture. Kinda makes your eyeballs go 4 different directions at once. Not Pleasant. 3rd Nuclear powered aircraft carrier....WWII. They don't mix.

What is this for? Are you making a recruiting poster for the 81st? If so you forgot the Pogues.

If you're interested in making graphics like this

1 get a good graphics program. You can DL Photoshop on a 30 day trial or get GIMP, which is free.
2 Research
3 Spend time on it. 20 minutes of cut and paste doesn't give you any sort of recognition. I'm working on a signature bar that has 2 B-17's in flight with a semi transparent overlay of John Wayne wearing a crush cap that says "Aint nothin tougher" I've been working on that for 2 weeks now.

I did this using Gimp, took me 4 bleeping hours to get it right, and this is just nose art for the Pogues.

Actually on our nose art she's bigger to fill it out.  This is just simple cut and paste ( and a whole lot of erasing pixel by pixel)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:32:37 AM by MadHatter »
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
rgr madhat i will do some research and experiment with gimp
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
That skin is ugly and should be removed from the game asap.

Lol, was gona say the complete oposite before I saw your post, but I just had to post about it.

Eagle Jr,

Looks fine as far as the screenshot goes, but it looks cluttered with all those pics in it and the 190 in the center. Try putting what you want to say into text along the top and bottom edges, and I think you'll get a much better result.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline GrnEagle Jr

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »
rgr thanks Nemisis
proud member of the 301st fighter squad "Lonely Eagles"

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
That's BMathis's image.

Might be too young to know what Plagiarizing is...      :headscratch:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:01:27 PM by BMathis »
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 09:33:33 PM »
Might be too young to know what Plagiarizing is...      :headscratch:

I doubt it. But there is something, I believe it's called Freedom of Use or something like that, that basically states that anything can be used, as long as it wasn't for monetary gain. This was a subject my Lit Prof went on (and on) about. I believe this notion really kicked in with the Internet Boom. Personally, it seems the base of your image was a screenshot, so he should have just taken that idea and made his own screenshot. Either way, that freedom of use is something to watch out for.
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 10:52:29 PM »
I guess It's not plagiarism.  Frankly I do not care that he used my picture.  It's a form of flattery so they say.  However, knowing the difference between using and owning, or having that thing inside you that tells you it's right or wrong, can tell you something about someone. 

I still stand by my original statement; modified  -->  He's a young kid, and may not know better yet.

Keep up your work Green Eagle Jr, you may someday be designing billboards.

:salute
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 01:59:12 AM »
Looks fine as far as the screenshot goes, but it looks cluttered with all those pics in it and the 190 in the center.

WOW......... and all this time I thought those were 109's? 

btw.... the 81st Krewsaderz  flew A-7 Corsair II's  back when I was serving .........  stationed out of NAS Cecilfield  if I remember correctly...... was also I think the 82nd Sundowners? Sister squad or might have been the 87th  hell...sux to get old....  sux losing memories....

there are some nice screen shots and edited ones as well.... in this thread........thanks for sharing them.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 06:39:37 PM »
It is a 109, I just accidently typed 190 and didn't notice till the editing period was up. Don't worry, your not senile yet  :D.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:28 AM »
Cut the kid some slack he isn't old enough to know how to use all of this stuff like you'll can. You'll are acting like if you were in his exact situation, you would be an ace at photoshoping/GIMP'ing. GrnEaglJr just keep practing with GIMP or photoshop, you'll become better.

GhOstCDB
Top Gun

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »
Cut the kid some slack he isn't old enough to know how to use all of this stuff like you'll can. You'll are acting like if you were in his exact situation, you would be an ace at photoshoping/GIMP'ing. GrnEaglJr just keep practing with GIMP or photoshop, you'll become better.

GhOstCDB
He's 15. I was younger than that when I started skinning.
Age is never an excuse.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »
He's 15. I was younger than that when I started skinning.
Age is never an excuse.

So you telling me, when you were at whatever age you were, you could skin/GIMP like a pro?
Top Gun

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »
Don`t give up cause some peeps r rude,keep trying you can only get better with time n experience.  :salute

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
I agree, some people are being a little too rude. You will get better, just do not expect it to be an over night thing.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV