Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 9889 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
quadruple post good grief.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:49:53 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 05:49:09 PM »
I was looking for you guys. I saw no reason to break off and had no particular expectation of "fair play". I simply expressed my disappointment that I didn't get a chance to fight one of you guys straight up. Given both the reputation the fins have for scrapyness and pride you take in flying your 239's I thought I might just get some consideration given the circumstances. Obviously I was mistaken in my thought that one of you might have welcomed such an encounter.

When I approached the fight by accident while climbing to 54 I asked wmaker if he wanted to finish you alone which I knew he would easily do if necessary. He gave me the permission to engage which I did. I was the one who ended your flight to a pilot kill.

Now, since we were on MA this is perfectly normal gameplay. Were you in DA it would be extremely bad form to invite others to the fight. But we were at MA and in MA you play with MA rules. Get stupid and end up furballing 3 vs 1 - you may end up dead. Like you did. Perfectly normal. If you wanted wmaker to duel you in MA you could have typed a request to him to fight 1 vs 1. Regardless of the fact if he accepted or not, someone else nearby would have come to kill you. End of story.

It has happened to all of us 1000's of times and will happen in future. Yesterday I was alone vs 6-10 higher enemies repeatedly in my brewster. I had to run only to be caught up by players in faster planes. Some fights I won some I lost but I'm not demanding them to come to me one by one. DA is for that.

The main point is to keep your SA high enough not to be dragged in a situation where you end up getting ganged. It's not the enemys fault if you drive in harms way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:53:01 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
Why do you play?  Youre all dweebs.

Don't know and agree.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
I'm just here waiting for Mazz's game. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
I play to fly cannon-fodder over to enemy bases and whine when i get ganged  :aok
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
When I approached the fight by accident while climbing to 54 I asked wmaker if he wanted to finish you alone which I knew he would easily do if necessary.  

And this is the real question. He had zero chance of "finishing me easily" however he certainly had the advantage in both position and plane. In fact he chose not to even engage me until you were in position...so why not cut to the chase he either didn't have the confidence to engage me 1 on 1 or he didn't have the desire and just wanted one of you to get another pelt. Both are fine but don't give me any BS beyond that.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »
I play to hear the lamentation of the women.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
1) You lied in that you were low on fuel and RTB, you lied that you were trolling.

Wrong on both counts. I was low on fuel, I thought I had around 1 min at full power for a fight so I wanted to be pretty close to the airfield for it. And yes, I wanted to see what was going to happen on Ch200 after you get shot down by several planes since over the years, I've seen you get mad in such situations and start whining at Ch200. :) What followed happened exactly like expected it to. :) As HT has said, the goal of this game is to piss the other guy off, looks like I succeeded. :D

2) My 200 conduct is pretty good. Please elaborate for me...

See above.

3) I'm not telling anyone (even you) how to play the game. I simply registered my disappointment on 200 that I didn't get the chance to fly a 1 on 1 vs either of the 239's. I would have found that an enjoyable fight. I brought it to the BBS based on your comments on 200. I'd like to see the game swing back more to a sense of fair play vs the continual gang banging we see all the time.

You think "registering your dissapointent" for not doing exactly what you wished is not telling me how to play the game? You are saying you are dissapointed because I didn't do what you wished. I think you are pretty clearly trying to tell me how I should have flown in the game.

4) I did not "insult you. I simply voiced my disappointment since I would have preferred to test my skill against either (or both one at a time) of the 239's. Your the one who insulted me on 200. Had you beaten me (which given your skill and the plane matchup you certainly should have) I'd have gladly complimented you and thanked the other 239 for allowing the fight.

As Ripley said, it MA isn't DA and vice versa. I knew that 1 vs 1 could have taken longer but as Ripley arrived I knew it wouldn't last long and therefore had the fuel to engage. Admittledy, I was a bit harsh on you on the 200 but it was because I knew already beforehand that you were going to start whining. You wouldn't have heard a thing from me had you yourself stayed silent.

5) you wouldnt know "dignity" if it bit you in the posterior.

Considering how well you know me personally; heh, whatever. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »
wmaker if he wanted to finish you alone which I knew he would easily do if necessary.

Oh he's the catalyst for this thread?

That makes everything clear.  Guess I should have read the whole thing.

A more brave virtual pile-it there never was.

/sarcasm

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »
your tears feed me.

Might want to consider getting some of your own material.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
When I approached the fight by accident while climbing to 54 I asked wmaker if he wanted to finish you alone which I knew he would easily do if necessary.  

And this is the real question. He had zero chance of "finishing me easily" however he certainly had the advantage in both position and plane. In fact he chose not to even engage me until you were in position...so why not cut to the chase he either didn't have the confidence to engage me 1 on 1 or he didn't have the desire and just wanted one of you to get another pelt. Both are fine but don't give me any BS beyond that.

See my latest post above. Oh, I totally agree I probably wouldn't have finished you easily. Our Es were rather equal plus I would have had to turn to you rather tightly and lost some more. SBD has a very very small turn radius especially with flaps and I didn't have the fuel to getting into E-fighting position. And definately as I saw that due to the situation I could engage for a shorter fight I did it, lets say, for another pelt if it makes you happy. And at the whole time I also knew that whining on Ch200 was going to ensue. :D
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
Might want to consider getting some of your own material.

You are right there, it's not very original, I know. :( It just seemed so fitting. :)

So Saurdaukar, was looking at your Avatar...is your handle Mazz in the game nowadays? :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »
Snaphook got played out and now he's snapping about it.. Funny  :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
Ah, The old winning by losing technique nice.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »
No all I was hoping for was a chance to get out flown. what i'm getting here is just garbage excuses. wmaker could easily have continued to land IF he was actually low on fuel. You could easily have stayed out IF he actually wanted a fight. Wmaker could easily have said I really didnt want a 1 on 1, why should I give you an even fight? All just fine....

As for the other comments on whining.

My exact comment was (in order)

lol

so neither one of you would go 1 on 1 with an SBD

Wmakers response was

no need to cry

I made an observation that the film backs up. Neither one of them was willing to go one on one.

My response was truthful, I wasn't whining I was (and am) genuinely disappointed since I was hoping for a quality fight vs what is easily the hardest match up in the game for an SBD. My exact words were would have been a fun fight.

His words are I set you up....

nothing about low fuel, RTB or just not wanting to engage 1 on 1.

Nothing in my comments was a whine or negative to him beyond my preference to have given it a whirl. Certainly nothing that warrants any garbage here about my attitude on 200. It's funny in that I run into all kinds of guys in "their ride". Akak in his 38, skat in his pony, Ded in his la-7, moot in his 152, Griz in his 109K, Bruv in his spit, AKDogg in his Hog...the list goes on and on. I've hundreds of great fights over the years and am lucky if i've won a handful all told. I can't ever recall making a single complaint because I was in an SBD or A-20 or P-39 etc. So here I am sitting -E in an SBD right by an enemy base and I'm a whiner because I commented that I would have loved to fight a guy 1 on 1 in "his" ride...especially given its a fight I find particularly difficult for the SBD if the 239 is well handled.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson