Author Topic: DA Arena Message  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
Re: DA Arena Message
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 04:00:49 AM »
WTG HTC!!

Much needed message.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 04:38:04 AM »
It still begs the question on the procedure for moderating the interruptions.   It could be 2-5am USA time when the DA is relatively quiet and we are practicing who does the ejecting?

It forms a precedent to those who would be the ones 'griefing' the fights.  If a griefer interrupts your fight, you can now redirect him to the arena message and threaten to film and send it to HTC if he continues.  If he does continue, well, then you send the film in and he will get banned.  

There are newbs that interrupt the fights unwittingly of what they are doing.  These are also the guys that will usually apologize and fly elsewhere when you inform them.

It essentially creates a form of recourse for guys who are getting purposely griefed.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 04:55:07 AM »
its a nanny state way of trying to force common courtesy on those who dont have it plain and simple......

if theyre doing it just to grief you......... theyll find other ways

I never venture over to the DA......but Im sure the complaints are legitimate........ and hopefully this will help fix it......

I just somehow doubt it

it does seem silly for them to sit in the DA... where typically 'better' sticks fly......... trying to get easy kills........... they should come to the MA they could increase their kills using these tactics tenfold
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 05:03:46 AM »
its a nanny state way of trying to force common courtesy on those who dont have it plain and simple......

if theyre doing it just to grief you......... theyll find other ways

I never venture over to the DA......but Im sure the complaints are legitimate........ and hopefully this will help fix it......

I just somehow doubt it

it does seem silly for them to sit in the DA... where typically 'better' sticks fly......... trying to get easy kills........... they should come to the MA they could increase their kills using these tactics tenfold

In the few days since the message popped up, it has helped.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »
+1

it does make me laugh when they will ask for a fight on 200.  Have the ability to type and read at that point.  Then when they don't get an answer and attempt to invade a private session without saying anything lose the ability of all correspondence.   Then they get killed in one or two turns wasting both of our time.  

This may read a bit arrogant but infact it is they who are being ignorant.  Many of us are more than prepared to help others who ask for it but tools in the DA are just that...

It still begs the question on the procedure for moderating the interruptions.   It could be 2-5am USA time when the DA is relatively quiet and we are practicing who does the ejecting?
Presentient ? just had it happen .

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
thank htc  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »
allow players a private refuse [Refuge?] for fighting duels.

LoL.  Hitech must have coaded that. 

:lol,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
Awsome!
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 08:28:25 AM »
It's only happened to me twice, but still a good policy HTC! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
I think it may be due to some repeated bs some guys thrive on . There are about 30 of us that tend to go there late night early am . Anywhere from 3 to 9 a side . Rules are simple tune ch , no hoing , fights are 1v1 and dont be an alt monkey . Anyone is welcome , pick your plane and have fun . There are about 4 or 5 guys that like to grab something fast and pick . Usually results in the thing being stopped . Have even seen one guy , after one of us upped a temp to do nothing but stop him go over the lake up , and come in so high no one wanted to spent 10 minutes grabbing to wait for a guy that was dead 10 seconds after merge . Thing is 23 24 the base closest to lake is only flat terrain on map . Most guys never go 500 feet higher then what they take off at . Unless it is a real sweet E-fight . I may be perverse but I love a fight that goes against norm and winds up going higher and higher . So the prime real estate for us is close to the lake . Not that I speak for HTC in any way , but I think it was simple response to customers reasonable requests .

Unless I'm mistaken, you guys are doing this in the Furball area - which is where the lake is, right?? (Not that I spend too much time in the DA, although I've been up a few times trying to sort out a new aircraft, or to figure out what I'm consistently doing wrong in my regular rides, so I could be wrong...).

But it seems to me that the message pretty much makes it clear that HTC is imposing no extra restrictions on how the guys fly in that area, they are in hot water only for disrupting duels away from there - and to make it clear, duels are specifically to be flown in areas no where near there.

Right, or did I misread it?

<S>

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »
You misread it Ghastly.... they are away from Furball Lake  and are having private duels as a group.......

they use A23/A24 because of its flat terrain..

only bad thing is A23/A24 is close to Furball Lake
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »
Ahhh. I thought the mention of the lake placed this in the Furball area.  If not, then the disruptive griefer should be boiled in oil.

<S> 
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
wtg HTC, bout time these weenies were put in check  :aok
-AoM-

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »
Cool.  Now let's split out the furball area and the dueling area into two different arenas, give the furball area a perk system, turn kill shooter off in the dueling area and then we can all do the banana dance.    :banana:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »
I'd love killshooter off.  Not only could I not have to wait by flying from a different field for duels, but we could self police the ones who interrupt us.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer