Author Topic: Wierd Anti-aliasing Graphics Issue  (Read 420 times)

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Wierd Anti-aliasing Graphics Issue
« on: January 13, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
I've noticed that when I have anti-aliasing on, whenever I go into blackout, one pixel line on the left and the top of my screen doesn't turn black, and there is a wierd line on the right hand side of my mouse cursor as well.. Also, the shadows look very pixelated even on the highest quality settings.. Is that normal?

Anyone else have these problems? I'm running a GTX260 Superclocked graphics card with all the latest drivers..

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: Wierd Anti-aliasing Graphics Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
I've never noticed a blackout issue, but I've noticed that the mouse cursor issue occurs on my machine as well - ATI Radeon 4870.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline bq82

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
I've noted the pixelated shadows as well.  No issue with blackout that I've noticed.  I did set smooth shadow under the advance tab in graphic detail on the clipboard. That helped the pixelation somewhat but not completely. :banana:. Been trying to overclock my GTS 250 but my FPS drops in half whenever I try. I'm sticking to OC'ing my CPU and memory.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
What's the temperature of the VC doing when you're playing AH? Have you checked to see if the pixel-problem persists with a black screen-saver?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »
Mine does that as well...

The little line next to the mouse cursor has been there on three different systems with AA turned on...  I'm 100% sure it's either designed to do that, or it's a bug from within AH.

The very top and left side line not being blacked out also happens to me.... It didn't do it with my 7900GS video card, but it does with my 9800GTX+... perhaps it's a slight driver incompatibility.. but it's such a small anomaly I'm not too terribly worried about it (plus it's saved my butt a time or two by seeing the horizon change so I can pull up a little bit more just before completely blacking out)...