Author Topic: collisions bug exploit??  (Read 4225 times)

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
Re: collisions bug exploit??
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 02:20:52 PM »
Well, from the pic above it looks like the tank is not on paved surface.  Don't planes have to land on paved surface in order to get a successful landing?  If that is true and the tank is not moving since he is tracked how could he possible see a collision on his FE and get a successful landing before the collision message?  If he was skidding towards the pavement upfront shouldn't the collision message appear first?

As for the common sense part, really, both the collision and the landing happened in the other guys FE in that order.  What common sense explains the fact that the messages got to the other guy in reverse order?  I know this is the one and only bug free software ever written but these attitudes don't help any one.  If it is a bug HT will fix it and if its not well, nothing to do.  No need to belittle every one questioning something.

So, if message A and message B originate at the same place in that order, how does B get to the destination prior to A?  There are ways to do that if two different venues are used for the two messages but I am not sure RTs explanation included that.  It could be as simple as two venues used for the two messages or it could actually be - oh my got, I am going to say it - a bug  :uhoh

"the server received the landed message from his FE and displayed it before the collision message was received by your FE and displayed."
Common sense? really?  Server displayed but FE received  :lol 

Let HT figure it out.

Can you post the film so we can see the sequence of events?

I dont have film of it.. I just snapped that screenshot when I saw the two messages show up right after each other because I thought it was odd..

I have seen more than a couple odd things over the years, Ive learned to just ignore them pretty much and continue on with enjoying the game.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
I dont have film of it.. I just snapped that screenshot when I saw the two messages show up right after each other because I thought it was odd..

I have seen more than a couple odd things over the years, Ive learned to just ignore them pretty much and continue on with enjoying the game.

Honestly, I don't think HT would want us to ignore them.  Constant crying and whining about some things I am sure they don;t want, but if it is a real bug they would like to know and fix it.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 02:52:03 PM »
Duh, that is what I am saying too  :P so how did he collide with the tank if he was on the runway in his FE? 

When someone towers sometimes you can see their plane "scoot" off the runway.. I never knew it went towards the tower(if it does?)

This is what Shuffler was talking about, so as prs3rd2 towered and his plane "scooted" off the runway it collided with my tank, which makes sense.. but how and why the game would allow a collision after someone has towered and ended their flight is beyond me  :headscratch:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 02:57:04 PM »

When someone towers sometimes you can see their plane "scoot" off the runway.. I never knew it went towards the tower(if it does?)

This is what Shuffler was talking about, so as prs3rd2 towered and his plane "scooted" off the runway it collided with my tank, which makes sense.. but how and why the game would allow a collision after someone has towered and ended their flight is beyond me  :headscratch:

And that would be a simple explanation to that picture.  I fail to see the need to attack the guy asking the question though.  Plus, my response was not to sufflers post.  He is a buff dweeb flying at 20K and has no clue anyway  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
snicker

umm what's a k   :P

Is that something like measuring horses in "hands"?? I mean what if a squirrel with a camera wants to know how big a horse is and there are no humans around.

..... and about those jersey cows... they are udderly rediculous.... . .   .      .         .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:02:14 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2010, 03:17:38 PM »
snicker

umm what's a k   :P

Is that something like measuring horses in "hands"?? I mean what if a squirrel with a camera wants to know how big a horse is and there are no humans around.

..... and about those jersey cows... they are udderly rediculous.... . .   .      .         .

Ahhhh, good question, and does the size of the horse change if a human is not around to see it?  Its like the old riddle:  If a man talks and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong? 

Offline flapsup

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
Honestly, I don't think HT would want us to ignore them.  Constant crying and whining about some things I am sure they don;t want, but if it is a real bug they would like to know and fix it.

I used to think the same.. until I tried to get some feedback on a bomber scoring issue I had found, or thought I found. At least they finally did add attack to the TBM  :cheers:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,218172.msg2620271.html#msg2620271

edit:
I used to be big on the TBM in EW and would follow my kill amounts in my score even though htey counted for nothing score-wise, Ive since moved on from worrying about score altogether.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:33:52 PM by flapsup »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »
I used to think the same.. until I tried to get some feedback on a bomber scoring issue I had found, or thought I found. At least they finally did add attack to the TBM  :cheers:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,218172.msg2620271.html#msg2620271

Haha, I did not say they will not ignore it if they think it is not to their interest.  Rather, they would like to know about it so that they could decide if something needs to be done or not.  Our opinion does not count.  And as much as I dislike that, if it was my company, it would probably be the same way.  Maybe I d be a little nicer when talking to my customers.  Then again, who knows lol.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2010, 03:53:05 PM »
The person being shot with bullets will see the bullets miss behind him if he is turning. But if the shooter sees a hit, the hit counts. What the receiver sees has no effect on the results of the bullets.

HiTech

I understood the first two sentences.

But what does this mean "What the receiver sees has no effect on the results of the bullets"? Who is the "reciever"....the guy getting shot at or the guy shooting or a third person watching the first two ?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »

But what does this mean "What the receiver sees has no effect on the results of the bullets"? Who is the "reciever"....the guy getting shot at or the guy shooting or a third person watching the first two ?

the guy getting shot.. he doesn't know it until the shooter's computer sees hits and tells the guy getting shot "youre getting shot"

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »

PM me your email, i ll send you a film of what he is talking about.  You can see AKDog shooting at the water 20 or 50 yards behind me.  Water splashing and everything, not a single hit on me.  That is what me, the receiver saw.  I exploded cause in his FE he was probably shooting at my head.  What I saw, the receiver, did not matter.

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
I won't bore you with explaining my suckage I will show you!  Here is a film of a collision last night. The antogonist fires and the protagonist (me) does not.  I blow up, and he gets the kill.  I did not bother to ask if he was damaged or not.  It was my first or second sortie in a 61 ever, and I was a little suprised how fast it got around, and my reactions were a little slow.  Maybe someone can enlighten us on the collision model for this scenario?
http://www.mediafire.com/?mj3dmhtmz4h 

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2010, 06:30:55 PM »

I tend to film everything....that is presuming i remember o turn it on. when i'm fighting against guys like snaphook, dedalos, cobia, shuffler, stang, strip, and others, i can go back, and try to learn from it.
 it also serves, if someone wants to give me grief, i have stuff to backup what i say. then finally, if something like you're saying happened, i have something to send in, should i feel the need.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2010, 06:34:38 PM »
I won't bore you with explaining my suckage I will show you!  Here is a film of a collision last night. The antogonist fires and the protagonist (me) does not.  I blow up, and he gets the kill.  I did not bother to ask if he was damaged or not.  It was my first or second sortie in a 61 ever, and I was a little suprised how fast it got around, and my reactions were a little slow.  Maybe someone can enlighten us on the collision model for this scenario?
http://www.mediafire.com/?mj3dmhtmz4h 

Sure.

Your planes appeared to touch on your Front End.

W/O seeing a film from the f4u we can't tell if they saw a near miss or he collided as well.

What exactly are you looking or here?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
Common sense tells you if the gopher wears his mining helmet when he goes down the hole, then you wouldn't have collided. :bolt:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA