Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11177 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
"IN" - hehehe - haven't seen that with any regularity since my early AW days :)

Most times  it came on the buffer as "in in in!" or often "inininininininin" if you were hammer fisted like me - brings back memories

vox 2 nights ago:

Me  "Betty you OK down there??" (she was engaged with a tiffie)
Betty "Ya - I'm Ok thanx tho" - (as she disappears beyond icon range)
30 seconds later:
Betty "Oh oh..um...I'm gonna die now!" (Looking low i see her surrounded by 4 cons)
Me "Will there be whiskey at the wake?"
Betty : "<chuckles> Of course!"

A sense of humour goes a long way in this game!!

....cheers eh! :D

i agree! u have to have a good sense of humor to play AH, some people take it way to serious! i just like to have fun! and i remember u askin bout the whiskey at the wake! hell yeahhhhhhhzzz there will be! :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2010, 07:17:21 AM »
I have quoted the 1st post of this thread, Blooz........ FBGrave is being very considerate in explaining to "NEW PLAYERS" how killshooter works and is not being sarcastic at all..at the same time he is sending out a good proper message
now, Blooz, I have quoted your 1st post....it is an exact opposite sarcastic "hey FBGrave, up yours attitude" reply telling the "NEW PLAYERS" hey anything is ok, do not listen to the first poster that is trying to explain how killshooter works.....
Blooz, if that is how you feel, and by the looks of your last reply to this thread refering to your 1st reply...... then you Sir are part of the reason these threads come up.all because of the message you are sending out... which is to ignore game play of everyone around you and to hell with what others think....this is my $14.95+/- and I don't have to listen to noone.....
so keep on telling the "NEW PLAYERS" exactly what you typed in your 1st reply....and keep on getting those NEW PLAYERS bad reps with others in the game.....

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

If you're going to teach the "new players" anything , teach them to help without getting in the way. Air combat is a team sport. These things happen and always will as long as killshooter is on. You're assuming the "new player" did this on purpose to "steal a kill". There is no evidence of this, of course. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that this was an accident and he was trying to help (which is the right thing to do, btw). Either way, the fact is, had the OP kept his cool and held his fire he wouldn't have killed himself. To teach the "new player" to be "lone wolf" is wrong. Teach them to be effective TEAM players and teach them not to shoot green icons. Remember. Only YOU can prevent killshooter.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:19:14 AM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

If you're going to teach the "new players" anything , teach them to help without getting in the way. Air combat is a team sport. These things happen and always will as long as killshooter is on. You're assuming the "new player" did this on purpose to "steal a kill". There is no evidence of this, of course. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that this was an accident and he was trying to help (which is the right thing to do, btw). Either way, the fact is, had the OP kept his cool and held his fire he wouldn't have killed himself. To teach the "new player" to be "lone wolf" is wrong. Teach them to be effective TEAM players and teach them not to shoot green icons. Remember. Only YOU can prevent killshooter.

Blooz,
with your above post, I find nothing to really disagree with,

this post of yours to me is exactly the type of post I would have expected you to post to begin with.......

no worries...... :cheers:  ( edit: I misread the green icons part.thought it said red icons, my bad )
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:46:17 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Banshi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2010, 07:40:54 AM »
Being fairly new to this game, though I played a lot of Airwarrior  back when AOL offered it, I am about playing the game and the game is a team oriented game just as the real war was. If you are only interested in kills and aircombat go to the dueling arena and you won't have to sweat someone stealing "your" kill. I will certainly back off if someone asks but in the heat of battle I have never heard anyone call off other attackers and I certainly never would. I have been on both ends of the issue and for me it's a none issue. For instance I attacked a b-24 head on last night and did not realize until passing him (after inflicting critical damage) that someone was right on his tail. Don't know if I hit the friendly or not or if I took his kill, attacking these bombers from the rear is pretty much suicide anyways, the point being I may have stolen this guys or galls kill but I had no way of knowing he was there and no time to worry about it as the field was just a couple of clicks to my 6 so the game comes first and that means protecting the field. I have had similar scenarios in a dog fight where stopping the boagie meant I might be stealing a kill but maybe I stopped a vulch of the field (which means I have one more fighter up helping hold back the attempt to capture the field) or helped a bomber get clear of or to the field on the way out or in, regardless I down the boagie first worry about points second. Bottom line the game comes first and the game is to capture and defend territory. If you're around me and you have a shot...take it, might be the difference between loosing or taking a field and for me that's really all the matters.
Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror.
                                                          &n

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
There's a huge difference between the incidents you are describing - in a dogfight or when multiple players are attacking the same bombers - and a group of 3 or 4 players deliberately clearing someone's 12 at the point when they've won the fight, when there's no one else around, as the OP was describing.

Personally, I usually ask, because I'm both a cautious pilot and a selfish - if you're not in trouble down there, I don't want to blow the alt.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue