Author Topic: Missing Japanese aircraft with 1000+ production  (Read 1854 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
Re: Missing Japanese aircraft with 1000+ production
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 08:38:23 PM »
Add the A6M3 in there. Right now we don't have a true mid-war Zero. Heck, you could fill out about half a dozen A6Ms, and probably about as many Oscars, just with different gun packages.

Yes, can't forget the A6M3 +1  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »
This is the most exciting list I have seen in a long time. I would love these planes much more-so than WW1 planes.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »
I'd love to see this list in game, not only because they might be neat to fly, but it would give me some historic giggles shooting them down.  Screen shot art galore.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
agreed  :aok :banana: banana
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »
and the Oscar goes to.............. the oscar of course

:aok

The Ki-43 Hyabusa ("Oscar") was produced in greater numbers than any other IJA aircraft, and served on every front for the entire duration of the war.

Oh, yeah... and I kinda like the rest of the list, too.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2010, 01:43:56 PM »
The Japanese industry could not come close to matching the production capabilities of the US, UK, Germany or Russia, but they did put an awful lot of different types into service.  I would not be surprised if the Japanese had the second largest number of different types of aircraft in service during WWII after the US.  The reason being the same as the US, they had two separate services with two almost entirely separate aircraft inventories between the Imperial Japanese Army and Imperial Japanese Navy.

Given all of that, it really is a shame how narrow the Japanese planeset in AH is.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 03:03:27 PM »
The Japanese industry could not come close to matching the production capabilities of the US, UK, Germany or Russia, but they did put an awful lot of different types into service.  I would not be surprised if the Japanese had the second largest number of different types of aircraft in service during WWII after the US.  The reason being the same as the US, they had two separate services with two almost entirely separate aircraft inventories between the Imperial Japanese Army and Imperial Japanese Navy.

Given all of that, it really is a shame how narrow the Japanese planeset in AH is.

I think this came up once before in a previous discussion on the Japanese plane set.

I think I'd come up with a list of airframes and variants that would complete the Japanese set of major types and variants that would allow a sufficient stable to recreate almost any part of the Pacific war, and the Japanese set ended up matching the number of US aircraft ALREADY in the game (the US is still missing a handful of important ones, particularly the Devastator and Helldiver).

I hope HTC considers the versatility of gunnery packages when they eventually get to remodeling the Zeros and adding the Oscar. It would be REALLY easy to greatly expand the number of Zero variants just with gunnery packages (you could EASILY have 3-4 versions of the A6M5 just with gun package options, depending on whether you allow the standard A6M5 to have the armor, etc. of the 5a, b and c). The Ki-43 could also have a much larger number of variants on one or two airframes and flight models with larger numbers of gun package options.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.