Author Topic: New PC  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: New PC
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
I can't say for certain yet I believe he honors the manufacturer's warranty and will replace the broken hardware.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
TD I find your comment to be the height of hypocrisy since you don't actually offer any warranty at all on your systems that I'm aware of.
LOL...should probably let TD handle this himself but hopefully he has enough self respect not to get in the gutter with you...I'm guessing you never bothered to ask him about the warranties...might have been better than displaying the severe hoof in mouth syndrome.

Now TD goes beyond what I would, and even I either keep the receipts/warranty info or give them to my customers and tell them what the warranties are...if there is a problem before the warranty expires, I deal with getting the replacement parts...just looking at all of the people who have made any mention of his systems and service, I doubt there has been any real problems like you would get trying to talk to some make believe tech support in Costa Rica or India named John.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
TD I find your comment to be the height of hypocrisy since you don't actually offer any warranty at all on your systems that I'm aware of.
Maybe he doesn't offer a warranty himself, but he goes pretty far as to make sure a computer that has any of his components in it is working properly. I got a processor and case from him, and when I had a problem he spent a good 2 or 3 hours on the phone with my stupid arse tryin to figure out the problem.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:23 PM »
LOL...should probably let TD handle this himself but hopefully he has enough self respect not to get in the gutter with you...I'm guessing you never bothered to ask him about the warranties...might have been better than displaying the severe hoof in mouth syndrome.

Now TD goes beyond what I would, and even I either keep the receipts/warranty info or give them to my customers and tell them what the warranties are...if there is a problem before the warranty expires, I deal with getting the replacement parts...just looking at all of the people who have made any mention of his systems and service, I doubt there has been any real problems like you would get trying to talk to some make believe tech support in Costa Rica or India named John.
:aok

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »
I offer the manufactures warranty.  Memory Lifetime, Enterprise hard drives 5 years, PSU's 3 to 5 years. Motherboards 3 years to lifetime and I warranty my build for 1 year.  So please do not comment on things you have no clue about.

[EDIT]
I give a lot to the AH community and its players with my time, free parts to guys who cannot afford parts to make the game run, troubleshooting systems in which I didn't even sell a single part at no charge but still get on the on the phone for hours to try and help, or the numerous emails asking questions about upgrades etc.  Or the person who scraped for months on end or longer and needed me to spec out a system he/she would build because they could not afford my build fee again not making a penny but doing it to help someone out.

So please, until you actually have real firsthand knowledge of my business dealings, refrain from comments.

TD
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:47:42 PM by TilDeath »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
As of the last time I checked (your website appears to be down currently) you offered no written warranty of any kind. Since you operate as a custom builder consumer end user warranties technically don't apply. Feel free to post a link or copy of your actual written warranty here and I'll certainly comment. As for Lew's issues you know the reality, a happy customer might tell 1 person but an unhappy one will tell a hundred. Simply consider me one of the hundred or more...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
As of the last time I checked (your website appears to be down currently) you offered no written warranty of any kind. Since you operate as a custom builder consumer end user warranties technically don't apply. Feel free to post a link or copy of your actual written warranty here and I'll certainly comment. As for Lew's issues you know the reality, a happy customer might tell 1 person but an unhappy one will tell a hundred. Simply consider me one of the hundred or more...
Yes the site is down with a note since I am heading to Haiti to volunteer for 4 months there on Monday.  But what you did not mention about the site being down are the instructions about emailing warranty@tdcomputersystems.com.  For all that have had warrany work done by me I do not need to prove myself to anyone least of all all you Sir

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
TilDeath,

Enjoy your time with your family as you get ready to leave, ignore Humble as he, obviously, still has an axe to grind.

I salute your upcoming efforts, keep your nose clean over there too!

Strip

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 07:08:16 PM »
Yes the site is down with a note since I am heading to Haiti to volunteer for 4 months there on Monday.  But what you did not mention about the site being down are the instructions about emailing warranty@tdcomputersystems.com.  For all that have had warrany work done by me I do not need to prove myself to anyone least of all all you Sir

4 Months? A Big  :salute to you, sir! If that dosen't show that you actually care about people and their hardships then I don't know what does!   humble, maybe you should try to stick to your BBS name, you don't own or have stock in TD computers, so you have no right to be nitpicking or degrading them.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
 :salute TD see you soon. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 10:46:29 PM »
Simply consider me one of the hundred or more...
I think you're outnumbered here...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »
Humble, I don't know what got your pickle this time. First it was the Airbus vs. Boeing argument, now you're convinced TilDeath is out to make a quick buck.

In your own statement you acknowledged that TilDeath has the resources to honor manufacturer warranties. You are correct in that they cannot be transferred, yet TilDeath can exchange the broken equipment for another piece of hardware in-stock, then send the broken hardware to the manufacturer to get it replaced.

You know he has the ability to make warranties, and you know how easy it is to make a quick swap with customers. For whatever reason you simply find it fit to flame another respectable member of the community.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
I offer the manufactures warranty.  Memory Lifetime, Enterprise hard drives 5 years, PSU's 3 to 5 years. Motherboards 3 years to lifetime and I warranty my build for 1 year.  So please do not comment on things you have no clue about.

[EDIT]
I give a lot to the AH community and its players with my time, free parts to guys who cannot afford parts to make the game run, troubleshooting systems in which I didn't even sell a single part at no charge but still get on the on the phone for hours to try and help, or the numerous emails asking questions about upgrades etc.  Or the person who scraped for months on end or longer and needed me to spec out a system he/she would build because they could not afford my build fee again not making a penny but doing it to help someone out.

So please, until you actually have real firsthand knowledge of my business dealings, refrain from comments.

TD

Very cool .    I know how tough it can be helping people over the phone ..... Takes forever .  Stay safe in Haiti <S>

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:45:23 PM by Skuzzy »
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
Humble, I don't know what got your pickle this time. First it was the Airbus vs. Boeing argument, now you're convinced TilDeath is out to make a quick buck.

In your own statement you acknowledged that TilDeath has the resources to honor manufacturer warranties. You are correct in that they cannot be transferred, yet TilDeath can exchange the broken equipment for another piece of hardware in-stock, then send the broken hardware to the manufacturer to get it replaced.

You know he has the ability to make warranties, and you know how easy it is to make a quick swap with customers. For whatever reason you simply find it fit to flame another respectable member of the community.

My comment was specific to the warranty issue, here is TD's comment....
Not a bad system but the warranty stinks.  2 Years ?   

I am unaware of any written warranty provided my TD. He quotes the end user warranty given by each vendor. Please call Intel and tell them your considering having a 3rd party build out your system and ask them if the 3 yr "box warranty" on the CPU is in effect. They will tell you that in the event it fails you need to contact the builder. To the best of my knowledge this is the same on all components when a 3rd party builds the system. TD made this comment not me so all I'm doing is asking exactly what his warranty is. I am unaware of ANY major manufacturer that honors an end user warranty for a system built by a 3rd party system builder. Thats why everyone from Alienware to Digital Storm Storm offers a clearly defined warranty policy.

As a comparision here is the website for Digital Storm, IMO easily the best custom builder in the country today...
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ 

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson