Author Topic: Quit Your Whinin (Surprise of the week)  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Sky Viper

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.no54squad.com
Quit Your Whinin (Surprise of the week)
« on: October 19, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
I don't remember ever seeing Rude get so close to the ground!

Last night was good fun (despite the many deaths) in the battle for A8 in the SFMA.

Rude, flying an F4U-4 (another surprise) was flying less than 5K!!!
He tried to attack me in my Hurri-C, but ended up flopping into the side of a hill like a broken fish.  I was following him at about 100 yds for probably 10-15 seconds but couldn't get a hit due to all the stick stirring that was obviously going on inside that slow lumbering Hawg.
Having burnt all his E, and running out of room, he belly flopped right into the dirt!
May be the best kill I've ever had!  :D (wish like hell I had filmed it)

I remember a conversation not to long back where RWY and Rude both claimed to have the ability to out fly me or anyone else, "Anytime, anywhere." The claim came as a result of several of us whining about the 13th TAS hovering like vulchers at high alt and picking off helpless low flyers in their P51s.

Honestly though, it was AWESOME to see Rude flying low rather than the usual boring B/Z technique.  Perhaps there is a pilot in him after all.  :)
I think he even got a HO on me later when he was shooting ack in his Spit (jaw drops) and rolled out as I rolled in.  :)

<S> Rude
Viper

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
yeah... I been a little surprised lately that I have even seen any 13th guys.  At my alt I never seen em before much.  They have loosened up for some reason lately tho and got down and dirty with the rest of us a little more often.   I've actually had some good fights with a few of em lately.
lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
Rude has no kills this tour in any model of Spitfire.

... and we haven't changed; still fly the same way we always did. The idea that we are always "high altitude" is generally fostered by the fact that we work REALLY hard not to get into a low-E situation at any altitude. (But it happens.. and generally if you get low-E in a Mustang, you get killed rather quickly.)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could push a button and make the opposing player fly the way YOU want him to fly?

That'd fix those dang B&Z players!

Hey! it would fix those dang turnfighter players too!

Hey... wait... if EVERYONE could make the other guy fly the way....but... if we were ALL trying to control the other guys plane... who would actually be in control?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
Mr. Sky Viper...thanks for the <S>...bakatcha!

Now, the reason you got the kill last night while I was flyin the f4u4 thingie, was due to the fact that I couldn't see jack out of that thing and got too slow due to pure boredom and an uncontrollable desire to park the thing and get back into my Mustang  :) Thanks alot Vruth(he called that sortie)   :D

As to HO kills against you and me ina spit...just didn't happen. I killed you three times due to superior ACM skills and pure unadulterated good looks!

So next time you see a P-51 baby...run like the girlscout ya are, cause I'm gonna feed this Pony on your sorry rearend.

Oh, and btw, for the rest of you turds out there that think the 13th TAS hides in the clouds, well, we may just start announcing our alt after every kill on ch. 1 just so the truth will be known.

Of course, I do understand that many players that get whooped on a frequent basis often can't deal with it. Just understand that we care, and I want to encourage all of you that dyin by the hands of the 13th TAS will  enventually become comfortable and you will accept it as one of lifes inevitable realities.

:)

Just havin some fun  :) <S>

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]

Offline Boozer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
Some high alt weenie said...

**Oh, and btw, for the rest of you turds out there that think the 13th TAS hides in the clouds, well, we may just start announcing our alt after every kill on ch. 1 just so the truth will be known.**

Er, better to call alt when you decide to engage, being dragged down to kill a target under you don't count much.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Hey Boozer.....

Quit your whinin ya girlscout!

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
I love it...  "stop staying hi and come down and fight low."  yeah, that'd be intelligent on their part!  Get your purty P-51 on down here low and slow for the TnB planes please!  That'll really show if you got hair on your chest (and no grey matter in your skull!)   :D

sounds like the 13th TAS knows their Pony ride well, and flies to its strengths and not its disadvantages.  <S> for flying your preferred ride well, and damn the rest of 'em if they don't like ya for it!
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
your puny mustangs are no match for a gustav with a potato cannon

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty
I love it... "stop staying hi and come down and fight low." yeah, that'd be intelligent on their part! Get your purty P-51 on down here low and slow for the TnB planes please! That'll really show if you got hair on your chest (and no grey matter in your skull!)

Yep. You hovercraft drivers are unbelievable...

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: deSelys ]
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by deSelys:

Yep. You hovercraft drivers are unbelievable...

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: deSelys ]

You callin' my Hellcat a hovercraft?   :p  oh, you must be referring to the Hurri IIc.   ;)  hehe, seriously, I fly what I am in the mood for flying.  Even dusted off my Spit V once this tour.
 Haven't seen Ghost or Darling on when I've been on so no La7 or Pony sorties yet.   :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2001, 03:47:00 PM »
FYI you CAN fly a pony down low and do well.. it's all about SA.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2001, 03:49:00 PM »
Mashed Potatoes served in fine Gustav China.

Yummy :)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
toad... I would agree with you that we should be able to fly what we like any way that we like any time we like.   I have no problem with that except.... The plane choices should have parity.    It is easy to advocate free choice if the only plane you fly is a 262 say.   I would say fine... but it should fly in an area where it can't get to the lesser planes.   I have nothing against someone uping in a lesser plane from the "262 area" tho... it's his choice and his funeral.   he certainly won't spoil the fun of the 262 advocates.

OTOH, in the early war area they would be much appreciative of the fact that there were no 262's or 51B/C/D/H's.   I believe we can have free choice and parity.

But...I really don't care what you guys fly or how you fight.   If you fly 51's and fight a certain way then you are not really a factor in my game anyway.   A little anoying but I can live with that.   I have no interest in grabbing a 51 and conning a few squaddies into doing the same to go fight yu guys when there are so many fun things to do.   You guys plane choice and style is unfun for a lot of us so we never really run into you in any case.   If you had a late war "area" you would be in it with like minded opponents and no appologies.

not sure this is coming off like i want but.. I have no problem with what you (or anyone)fly's or what "style" you fly... just where you do it.
lazs

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
Well the 13th TAS ladies might not always be found at interesting heights(read: lower than us), but I sure do have fun when I meet them. I usualy end up dead, or at least sweating buckets... those buggers don't leave their wingmen in a bad situation too long.

Would I be flying Allied-opportunistic-Aircraft ( :p) I'd like to be in a squad such as that.

...untill then, I'll keep lookin/huntin' for ya all  :)
<S!>
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
HERETIC!!!

F.