Author Topic: Targeting  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: Targeting
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
lol lepape. Too funny. I rememer this one time when I was in an intense fight with this 190A5, and I was in a spit8. After spraying him with the .303's since I accidently had my DT selected,  I got ganged, and after using all me E, the 190 slides onto my tail, and doesn't fire. I bet that emptying my 303's at him destroyed his guns. Thanks for helping me figure that out, was driving me nuts  :aok.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
if you have a crossing shot you can rake the plane from tip to tail and go for the pilot kill,

Never try to "rake"  a plane. Always attempt concentrate your shot on the pilot. This way, even if you miss the pilot and hit a wing root or fuselage, you stand a good chance of causing critical damage.  A "raked" shot will often leave a target with no damage.  Always.. always concentrate your shot. 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
To me it's a process. In end as Steve stated its all in targeting the cockpit. Even if you don't get a solid hit you'll get the wingroot or even the tail. However the simple reality is most people pull to little lead and don't hit anything at all. So start by aiming for the spinner hub...or even trying to miss in front of the plane (especially with the spud launcher). Then as you start to consistently land engine hits you can move back....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:40 PM »
There's a specific spot to try to hit?

Fro christ sakes no one told me that!!!!!

Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles