Author Topic: How Sad.....  (Read 8704 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Re: How Sad.....
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
I run on a regular basis. Especially when someone tries to turn me in a jug after dropping ord. It "Runs" really well & If I was there to de-ak and I'm not proficient enough in a jug to win very many dog-fights, then I've done what I came to do. If I have a target of oportunity while diving/leaving, YUP! I'm gonna take it, but then I'm gonna run. I doesn't hurt my feelers what someone else thinks, either.  :D
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
I run on a regular basis. Especially when someone tries to turn me in a jug after dropping ord. It "Runs" really well & If I was there to de-ak and I'm not proficient enough in a jug to win very many dog-fights, then I've done what I came to do. If I have a target of oportunity while diving/leaving, YUP! I'm gonna take it, but then I'm gonna run. I doesn't hurt my feelers what someone else thinks, either.  :D

You admit that you are not very proficient in a jug to win, how are you going to learn to fight with the plane if all you do is run? Who knows, after a bunch of fights you might find out the you are NOW a bit more proficient.

lol Again with the negativity --->[So whats your ingame name? I don't hide behind a BBS name,]<---Whats up with that? Is this what you call a positive post? Here is another one....Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. lol Your playing in the same pool dude. If your that unhappy get out of the pool simple as that. For myself I like the game are else I wouldn't play. I'm sorry you think "(think being the key here)" that its your place to point out the negative side of the game play to me or anyone else well it is not.  Again you wrote its your purpose to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do.....Just a minute buddy your purpose is to play a game for fun, nothing more nothing less and as far as educating players that is AH's place not yours! Of course if someone ask for your help that would be diffrent. Your entitle to your own opinions just as everyone else is entitle to theirs.  As far as your comments like [" If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. "] NEGATIVE get over yourself AH has taught us all with much success.  New people are going to join AH and play its what keeps this game alive without fresh faces the game might stop. Loose the negative attitude if someone post there is no need to reply with ugly witty useless bs like the one above. I' m certain about one thing for sure Fugitive is that you will reply back with more well worded crafty negetive crap well ok then. If you need to have the last word go for it. For me this isn't going any where so I want give this post the time of day again. :cool             

ps. You would freak if I were to give you my ingame ID :airplane:

LOL!!! WOW, just WOW !

Hiding behind a shade now. LOL!! I guess you are worried about what people think of you in the game, seeing as you can't let out your "real" name! A true coward.

I play to have fun yes, I post to try and help educate some people. See the difference there? Yes I believe the arenas are turning into cesspools, HTC had thought so too. That's one of the reasons we got split arenas. I stay because the core of the game is the best on line. Unfortunately there is is too much crap going on in the arenas. I hope to enlighten some, or at least point out that there are problems and if the community doesn't solve some of them there will be changes made that might NOT be fun.

As an example, the DA squads now are tied to the MA's, closing the hole used to get around chat bands. A number of "squads" in the DA aren't real happy with how things turned out, but they could have taken control of things, but instead continued with the trash and now thy are stuck with the fix HTC decided for them.

As you said, I can have an opinion and mine is geared toward making a better community. Yours, well I guess the community can see for themselves.   

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
Lol, this thread deteriorated in nothing flat. Now everyone is taking knocks at everyone else  :devil.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2010, 01:29:14 PM »
i log out as soon as it's making me feel anything besides fun. sounds like you pushed well beyond that.

:airplane: Totally agree Cap, if someone or something makes me start to get PO I log out. I see so many people makes fools of their selves on 200 because they get angry,
that only makes them look stupid. I fined that at least 95% of the merges turn into a HO meaning they start firing. I use to try to fire back but usually that only ended with a
collide or getting shot down. I have now tried to avoid the HO at all cost and have been getting much better k/d ratio plus it is more fun to watch them try to
reestablish a gun solution after they miss.

As far as OP if a person wants to chase some across the map let them it is part of the game. It depends on circumstance weather I chase someone or not.
 A lot of times I have chased them just for the fun of it and pulled up beside a wounded airplane just to let them know I could shoot him down then give a <S> and fly home.

Other day had a good 1v1 going with Pervert I ran out of fuel close to his base I told him out of fuel and made the  ditch landing, he landed beside me a gave a <S>
took and took off again, I thought that was showing class  :cheers: and a understanding of having fun in the game.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
lol Again with the negativity --->[So whats your ingame name? I don't hide behind a BBS name,]<---Whats up with that? Is this what you call a positive post? Here is another one....Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. lol Your playing in the same pool dude. If your that unhappy get out of the pool simple as that. For myself I like the game are else I wouldn't play. I'm sorry you think "(think being the key here)" that its your place to point out the negative side of the game play to me or anyone else well it is not.  Again you wrote its your purpose to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do.....Just a minute buddy your purpose is to play a game for fun, nothing more nothing less and as far as educating players that is AH's place not yours! Of course if someone ask for your help that would be diffrent. Your entitle to your own opinions just as everyone else is entitle to theirs.  As far as your comments like [" If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. "] NEGATIVE get over yourself AH has taught us all with much success.  New people are going to join AH and play its what keeps this game alive without fresh faces the game might stop. Loose the negative attitude if someone post there is no need to reply with ugly witty useless bs like the one above. I' m certain about one thing for sure Fugitive is that you will reply back with more well worded crafty negetive crap well ok then. If you need to have the last word go for it. For me this isn't going any where so I want give this post the time of day again. :cool             

Apparently you're ashamed. Rightfully so.

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
Lol, this thread deteriorated in nothing flat. Now everyone is taking knocks at everyone else  :devil.

Unfortunately, that's what happens to most of the threads I've been reading in both this Forum and the Wishlist Forum lately.
I try to incorporate the positive I read and ignore the negative the best I can.
But it can get depressing when players I have a lot of respect for start bashing each other over "opinions" of how this "game" should be played.
I don't know how many threads I've stopped following because it turned into a personal slugfest.
I feel I probably missed out on a lot of good information because of this.
Uh well, I try to go with the flow.
 :salute

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
You admit that you are not very proficient in a jug to win, how are you going to learn to fight with the plane if all you do is run? Who knows, after a bunch of fights you might find out the you are NOW a bit more proficient.

LOL!!! WOW, just WOW !

Hiding behind a shade now. LOL!! I guess you are worried about what people think of you in the game, seeing as you can't let out your "real" name! A true coward.

I play to have fun yes, I post to try and help educate some people. See the difference there? Yes I believe the arenas are turning into cesspools, HTC had thought so too. That's one of the reasons we got split arenas. I stay because the core of the game is the best on line. Unfortunately there is is too much crap going on in the arenas. I hope to enlighten some, or at least point out that there are problems and if the community doesn't solve some of them there will be changes made that might NOT be fun.

As an example, the DA squads now are tied to the MA's, closing the hole used to get around chat bands. A number of "squads" in the DA aren't real happy with how things turned out, but they could have taken control of things, but instead continued with the trash and now thy are stuck with the fix HTC decided for them.

As you said, I can have an opinion and mine is geared toward making a better community. Yours, well I guess the community can see for themselves.  

I never said ALWAYS did I? I said regularly. When my speed and turn E is in my favor I fight.....OK?  :salute
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:54:17 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:56 PM »

Usually when a player claims to have shot down someone multiple times and then refuses to give his in game call sign is 99% of the time an indicator that the guy making the claim sucks.  Just sayin'

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »
lol this got messy fast, Now everyone.....

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »
Great thread.............. NOT :bolt:

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2010, 12:17:17 AM »
Usually when a player claims to have shot down someone multiple times and then refuses to give his in game call sign is 99% of the time an indicator that the guy making the claim sucks.  Just sayin'

ack-ack
So ack the above commit do you have players that claim such? lol I never refuses to give game id but since it brought out the best in you ack ack I believe I'll sit back and enjoy the post being anonymous. :neener:  I tell you what ack ack the next time I shoot you down say 2 in a row then I will reveal to you my in game Id by texting ...u sux :)- just saying ....
that's a promise ack ack.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »
So ack the above commit do you have players that claim such? lol I never refuses to give game id but since it brought out the best in you ack ack I believe I'll sit back and enjoy the post being anonymous. :neener:  I tell you what ack ack the next time I shoot you down say 2 in a row then I will reveal to you my in game Id by texting ...u sux :)- just saying ....
that's a promise ack ack.

Sigh, so we'll never know. :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2010, 12:59:03 AM »
Sigh, so we'll never know. :D

Yup, looks like we'll never know who the nancy-boy is....oh wait, I just checked my care-o-meter and it didn't even budge.  Nope, nobody cares who this nancy is.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »

how errr  sad.....   :rolleyes:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »
That might be, but the Flying Tigers basically made the "HO" famous and they used it for the reasons I explained ... they could tear up a Japanese cockpit way before the Japanese pilot could get within range with his guns.

It was Pappy, and he was just too drunk to turn.  I know the guy, he is one of my heros, but he was drunk alot of the time, or it was John Wayne and he did not have to worry about the bullets coming at him, he could catch them in his teeth.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.