Author Topic: How Sad.....  (Read 8545 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: How Sad.....
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 05:15:25 PM »
just razzin' ya  :aok
I'm the one to do the razzin around here! :furious

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »
2 sectors should have been enough to gain some speed and energy advantage I would think. Especially over those two rides, granted your advantage may be fleeting but you could have worked it !
I tried for the first half sector, then said "screw it, this is too funny to kill". I figured that if I had stayed and pressed my luck, I would have died, and that I had stood my ground, I would have died, so why fight it?

on the flip side of that.........how desperate must one be to run for 2 whole sectors?

After the first 1/2 sector, I stopped caring. I thought it was so funny to watch their escepades, that I flew around my base and didn't go in the dar just to see how long they would keep it up. I even throttled back so they could stay at 3k away I'm convinced they would have kept it up till their fuel ran dry.

What did you do to piss them off enough to chase you down for that long? Were you being a picker from 10k above the fight? vulching? HOing? (8x 50cals, right? Full ammo load, right?)

To be fair, sometimes I let a wounded bird go, but I may chase one down for vendetta, or spend 40 minutes chasing an intact bird just to piss him off because he won't engage.... You never know what you'll get.

I guess you could say I was vulching the guys hunting tanks. But past thag, all I did was dive in from 3k to get some speed. The P-47N was 999000, I guess its possible he said "shoot that bastard down" when his wing broke off.

Motherland, you don't believe that a spitfire can fly 2 sectors or that it would? I throttled back a bit to let them keep up with me. I wanted to see how far they would follow.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
I throttled back a bit to let them keep up with me. I wanted to see how far they would follow.

So you inticed them to follow you which ends up getting you killed and then you come here to complain about it...

:rofl

You're correct How Sad...

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »
So you purposely slowed down, then whine about how they catch you and kill you. You related to warphoenix?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »
Yesterday, i was flying in my P-47M, and after some fighters, and a P-47N making a pass at some tanks made some passes at the base, loosing my left gear, oil, and my aux fuel tank. After 1 min or so of flying, I realize there is a spit 16, and a Ki84 chasing me. They dogged me for two sectors till my engine finaly died, and the spit 16 got the kill after HO'ing me. How desperate for a kill do you have to be to follow someone for two whole sectors, for the CHANCE at getting a kill? It wasn't even a guarenteed kill for either of them, since there were 2.

Yesterday was Tuesday, after all.

I think you should have been elated that you only had two cons to deal with.  I'd have about faced with glee... typically, its that 17th guy that does me in.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
I figured that if I had stayed and pressed my luck, I would have died, and that I had stood my ground, I would have died, so why fight it?

Because ultimately in the end ... you died anyways ... you could have at least made a fight out of it while your plane was still working.

After all these years playing this game, I still can't understand the "fear" of dieing in a virtual game where you really NEVER DIE.

There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 05:33:45 PM »
So you purposely slowed down, then whine about how they catch you and kill you. You related to warphoenix?

Not whining, just saying that you must be pretty desperate to follow a damaged plane for 2 sectors. But I guess its not really accurate since I slowed down a bit after the first 1/2 sector.

to be clear to all, I'm not whining and saying getting mad. I don't really care that i died since its a cartoon world with infinite lives. I'm just saying that if you fly 2 sectors to get one kill on a damaged plane, your not very good.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 05:36:23 PM »
You cared enough to post here.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »
After all these years playing this game, I still can't understand the "fear" of dieing in a virtual game where you really NEVER DIE.

New guys... read this...

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, until your eyeballs pop out of their sockets and blood shoots out of your nose.

Turn the F around and fight.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
Yesterday, i was flying in my P-47M, and after some fighters, and a P-47N making a pass at some tanks made some passes at the base, loosing my left gear, oil, and my aux fuel tank. After 1 min or so of flying, I realize there is a spit 16, and a Ki84 chasing me. They dogged me for two sectors till my engine finaly died, and the spit 16 got the kill after HO'ing me. How desperate for a kill do you have to be to follow someone for two whole sectors, for the CHANCE at getting a kill? It wasn't even a guarenteed kill for either of them, since there were 2.

Sounds like a great opportunity to do some HISPEED roping of a couple tard planes   :banana:

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 05:57:32 PM »
I'm just saying that if you fly 2 sectors to get one kill on a damaged plane, your not very good.

Yet good enough to kill you.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
Nemisis,
Were you the only fighter around? I could see this situation being weak if you werent the only guy there. You got to love seeing a 3rd or 4th guy jumping a damaged plane trying to rtb while there is plenty of other perfect birds trying to kill them/take their base.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 06:01:08 PM »

to be clear to all, I'm not whining and saying getting mad. I don't really care that i died since its a cartoon world with infinite lives. I'm just saying that if you fly 2 sectors to get one kill on a damaged plane, your not very good.

Since when is being in a damaged plane a free pass to return to base?  It's like those that call bingo in the middle of a fight expecting to be let go and return to base.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 06:03:45 PM »
Since when is being in a damaged plane a free pass to return to base?  It's like those that call bingo in the middle of a fight expecting to be let go and return to base.

ack-ack

I let Hoagi RTB once when he was bingo.

I was then instructed never to do it again.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
I let Hoagi RTB once when he was bingo.

I was then instructed never to do it again.
Hoagi deserves to be ganged/HOed/picked every flight for a tour for how much he has already done it
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"