Author Topic: Da  (Read 2584 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Da
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Changeup, I didn't realize your use of "pond scum" was coincidental. It seemed like you were judging people for being judgmental.  :salute

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Oh yes, that also means if you lose your text/voice privs in the DA, you lose them in every arena.

Does that include the TA? if so can I be banned for sky writing offensive messages with smoke on??  :noid

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 10:20:52 AM »
I curious what you think you can write before the smoke fades away.  It doesn't even last for one loop.:D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
Jebus, I asked a simple question and explained why I was asking it.  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 11:03:31 AM »
FLS:

LOL, my use of "Pond Scum" wasn't coincidental, it was intentional.  Belittling someone or a class of folks for what arena they fly in is pretty difficult to defend as appropriate behavior, lmao.  If you find that judgemental, ok...but defend it's appropriateness and I shall openly stand corrected sir.  Argumentum ad hominem is for skill-less lawyers...not against folks that are playing a game for fun and amusement.

V/r

Changeup
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:22:13 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 01:16:12 PM »
Well it's not my squad so I don't know how they intended it. Perhaps they were poking fun at people who belittle others for their choices.  I really don't have enough information to say.  :devil

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
Well it's not my squad so I don't know how they intended it. Perhaps they were poking fun at people who belittle others for their choices.  I really don't have enough information to say.  :devil

Or maybe they just thought it was a fun name and poking a bit of fun at people who take themselves and the game way too seriously.

ffs lighten up lol

The DA pond is a microcosm of the MA , same ho'ers, same cherrypickers, same gangtard squads,  but it probably has a higher percentage of people who just want to furball and fight. I find it a lot of fun for a quick fight , and it's helped me shake a couple of years of rust off - nearly.

I come from a land downunder

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
Redd why are you quoting me when you agree with me?   :headscratch:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:43 PM »
Its all good...if you get in there sometime, yell at me...I will get you in a good fight, or give you one...lmao, I don't care if I win or lose...its like gambling, win or lose its entertainment (at least that's what we are supposed to think right?)  :salute

V/r

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »
Its all good...if you get in there sometime, yell at me...I will get you in a good fight, or give you one...lmao, I don't care if I win or lose...its like gambling, win or lose its entertainment (at least that's what we are supposed to think right?)  :salute

V/r

Changeup

I'm in there often changeup - I have the attention span of a gnat , and the MA takes so long to find a decent fight
I come from a land downunder

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
Jebus, I asked a simple question and explained why I was asking it.  :O

probably about 4000 posts ago it would have been a simple question....these days however......there is no explanation to what happens here (BBS) these days...I'm relatively new to this but sheeesh...it is quite a scary place at times lately...

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 12:18:40 AM »
It is a little unbelievable in here at times...some squeeker got TORE UP for asking about an update.  Oh well....internet persona/tough guys I guess.

Redd - Look me up...I will fly with ya or 1 v 1...I need the help!! lol

V/r

Changeup

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 12:34:12 AM »
There is nothing preventing anyone from forming a squad in the DA.  It will be the same squad in any of the main arenas as well.

No one is telling anyone how to play the game.  The DA has always been an optional arena, or an extension to the main arenas.

Oh the drama.  "MY WORLD HAS BEEN CHANGED!  ARRRRRGGHH!!!"  Get over it.  If this is all you have to worry about in life, how would you like to change places?  Sheesh.

Scores are still separate.  What also changed was the ability of players to come to the DA, cuss, swear, get privs revoked, go back to the MA change game ID's, and come back to the DA to repeat, ad infinitum.  When players start running new business away from the game, things will change.  Thank the community for it.

Oh yes, that also means if you lose your text/voice privs in the DA, you lose them in every arena.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I like it Skuzzy! :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »
I was REALLY trying to enjoy the lake....but most nights it's packs of Tempests and F4u4's orbiting way high, occasionally diving down at light speed to pop someone grabbing out. There really aren't many fights, as most people would define the term. Too many folks prefer the safety of a large pack in the most populated side, and would prefer to be the 6th guy in on a low, single con rather than find a suitable 1 on 1.

(All that aside, the way it WAS, a lake squad with same name as MA squad could have inter-arena squad text, as well as the ".sr" thing, which was somewhat helpful. Don't know if it was necessary that both squads had same CO)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
BJ,

I can think of about 10 to 12 folks nightly that would 1 v 1 with you anytime its furball, gangtime city in there.  Look for me, TnDep, xxxJCxxx, Thrash99, NoHope, BrknArow, RiddleME, Memes or Wing46.  Any of them will give you what you want...it may not be a 1 v 1 against Grizz or SkyRock but it will be a good fight.

V/r

Changeup