Author Topic: For the RC and gun lover  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: For the RC and gun lover
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
Try taking off the race tinted glasses then. Being less judgemental means being more open and objective.
go to the oklahoma full auto shoot, and tell me how many confederate flags you see, then count the number of black people.
guarantee you the answer to the second one is 0
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »
I laugh at the people that consider the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism, while its true you can link the two they are separated by many other aspects.

I agree, take the race card and put it back up your sleeve....

Strip

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 09:39:36 PM »
go to the oklahoma full auto shoot, and tell me how many confederate flags you see, then count the number of black people.
guarantee you the answer to the second one is 0

That's interesting because I know more than a few non-white people who legally own NFA weapons and a host more who are enthusiasts.

I am saddened regardless of skin tone that after 5 days you felt the need to bump this thread with a post like that.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 09:52:04 PM »
That's interesting because I know more than a few non-white people who legally own NFA weapons and a host more who are enthusiasts.

I am saddened regardless of skin tone that after 5 days you felt the need to bump this thread with a post like that.

i have seen my number of mullets and confederate flags at the gun show. and confederate flags tie directly in with racism
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
Your first attack on the full auto shoot was based on a few mullets and confederate flags at a gun show?

:rofl

Get real kid....

Strip

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02:14 PM »
In popular culture one would think.  There are valid meanings to display the Confederate flag that don't have racsim as its motivation however.

I do appreciate the irony of your BBS handle.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »
In popular culture one would think.  There are valid meanings to display the Confederate flag that don't have racsim as its motivation however.

I do appreciate the irony of your BBS handle.

my name is tupac, because i get shot often in the MA.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »

Unlike Golfer, I don't appreciate the borderline plagiarism and unoriginality of using the name of a murdered rap artist.....

Strip

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »

Come on now.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
Despite the idiocy of the rest of what you've said in that thread, this is hilarious, however much you're about to get piled on...

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
Unlike Golfer, I don't appreciate the borderline plagiarism and unoriginality of using the name of a murdered rap artist.....

Strip

The irony of his handle, his attitude and him.

I personally don't much care for rap "music" but that's another post for another thread for another time.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 10:24:42 PM »
Yea I kinda mis-worded that a little bit Golfer.

Should have read something like, "Although Golfer may appreciate the irony I don't..."

My mistake, I get what your saying though...

Strip

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 08:02:25 AM »
I fly my FLAG with PRIDE ! And if you try to take it down you will get SHOT !!!
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »
The "Confederate Flag" that you happily refer to is not actually the flag of the Confederacy.  It is INfact the Battle flag of the Confederacy, and it has nothing at all to do with Racism.  That is a misnomer, the Confederacy infact was not started because of slavery, it was started for States rights.  I am offended by the fact that the Race card was thrown out so quickly.  I for one saw nothing that even would remotely bring that up.  Just because I have a pony tail, a rifle, a few handguns, and enjoy shooting them, does not make me a racist, any more than the fact I wear Cowboy boots, Levis and my dog is on a chain.  This thread was not started to go where it went, I am sure that the OP meant only to show a few folks having fun.  I am from Texas, a southern state, I am the 8th generation of my family in this state.  I had kinfolk at the Alamo,(on the inside),and I have a lot of pride in that.  I had family that fought in the War of Northern Aggression.  That does not make me a racist, and I resent the implication.
  All that said, Tupac all that you have done by stating what you did was in effect get this thread locked, I can see a lot getting see RULE 14 in the near future.  Probably myself included.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »
The irony of his handle, his attitude and him.

I personally don't much care for rap "music" but that's another post for another thread for another time.

rap is noise, only slightly less irritating than the noise emitted by a fart can on a riced up honda.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)