Author Topic: Cosair Damage Bug?  (Read 360 times)

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
Cosair Damage Bug?
« on: February 19, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »
This has happened to me twice since the last major release.

In a nut shell..I take right flap damage (it's gone in the view) no other damage is listed or can be seen.

The bug seems to be that I have to give full right aileron and some opposite rudder to fly wings level. In other words it acts as if the left wing is gone or I should say severely damaged. 

Both times this has happened, I was in a tight turn fight and I was using the *heck* out of the flaps.

This just occurred to me...in the way the plane flies..it could also be acting like the right flap is stuck down. However when I look, it appears to be gone.

Anyway, there it is.

<S>

MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
Re: Cosair Damage Bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:30:58 PM »
Same way on all planes, always has been.  Get a flap shot off and it stays stuck in whatever position it was in when you lost it.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
Yep, I noticed this on p51's. I wrote a bug report. This could possibly be 1 of 2 things:

1. The flap is missing, but should be shown stuck in one of the down positions. I think if the flap hydraulics were shot out the flap would be free to move (or to flap around, hehe). The bug fix is to show the flap stuck in the last lowered position.

2. If the flap is suppose to be shot off instead of freezing in the last position. The wing should experience a larger drag (do to aerodynamics) and less lift (even when compared to flap in fully raised position). The bug fix would be to remodel the lift and drag on the wing.

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:56 PM »
 Thank you. Prolly has always been that way. I have simply not experienced it before.

<S>
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
It's been there since day one.

Not a bug, just a decision regarding how graphics/damage interact. Your missing flap was still generating a ton of excess lift (rolling you to the other wing). The solution? Lower your intact flap to the same level. You'll fly slower, but it'll be easier on the old joystick.

You'll notice on the newest graphics-modeled-planes (i.e. B-25) when a flap is "shot off" the tatters are still there, rather than "now you see it, now it's gone!"