Author Topic: 109K4 Fans JG52 by NrRaVeN update  (Read 6435 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: 109K4 Fans JG52 by NrRaVeN update
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 05:33:23 AM »
Bella!    Love the bootprints!

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »
THANK YOU ALL very much for the warm reception and complements. Its always my pleasure to contribute what i can to the Sim .
its also a great outlet from the daily grind to go into my "man cave" and skin.
very therapeutic.
This skin has taken me over a month to date so I'm very happy you like it, I hope AH likes it too... its almost done. :pray

Whoa! Talk about eye candy to the extreme! I have only one comment to make. The white crosses on the wings seem a tad bit too bright. I recommend toning it down a bit. Otherwise, love the new approach to the detail! I think you just set a benchmark to the AH skinners!  :D :aok

I agree, its on the punch list

Those guns looks awesome, will they be in the final release? Footprints! Are you serious, luv it!
Great job! :x
Hi Kazza long time no see :salute
Yes they will be in the final release. they are part of the bmp... no extra textures to load.

Keep your eyes open  for more skins I have another on the way.  :salute

RaVe

Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »
I'm rocking a little bit of a chubby right now.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »
I'm rocking a little bit of a chubby right now.
:rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »
That's just flat out awesome RaVeN. Damn fine job.  :salute
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »
That looks great! I have to say I'm a bit jealous :D

Just some nitpicks...
First is an issue with the way the 109's are mapped... the spinner on the model isn't just on the spinner on the bitmap, it's also on the very end of the fuselage a little bit. You end up having to do this pixel by pixel and it's a huge pain etc.. IIRC you had some issues with this in the last incarnation of this skin and I think some of it is a bit off now as well, but it's hard to tell...

Also I think the wing crosses are improper proportions but I can't really tell (in any case the black surround shouldn't be there, I don't think, unless it's a reused wing or something).
I don't have access to a scanner right now so I can't scan up the diagrams, but these are the proportions according to the RLM (which stayed the same even as sections were deleted).

The proper proportions for the widths of the various parts the Balkenkreuzen, as defined in 1939 and used for the remainder of the war, are as follows, with b and a being the total width of the marking (for the upper wing and lower wing/fuselage respectively) .

Balkenkreuz auf Fluegeloberseite (upper wing Balkenkreuz)
Inner black cross= 1/4b
White Surround of inner black cross= 1/20b
Black surround of white surround= 1/30b

Balkenkreuz auf Fluegelunterseite und Rumpf (lower wing and fuselage Balkenkreuz)
Inner black cross= 1/4a
White surround of inner black cross= 1/8a
Black surround of white surround= 1/32a

<edit> I actually think they're the right proportions just too far out on the wing<edit>

Also, in the K series the radio hatch was moved had a slightly different shape (also it was only on the left, if you're sitting in the cockpit, side of the aircraft). Again I don't have a scanner right now so here's wikipedia's (very high resolution) line drawing of the K-4 which illustrates this.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Bf109K_3Seiten_neu.jpg

Again it looks fantastic, these are just nitpicks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:36:10 PM by Motherland »

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
Incredible!  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »
Thanks Nraven...loved your work for some time...this just adds to the love affair.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »
I'm really not digging the muddy bootprints.... It's one thing not to maintain a paint finish in the failing war situation, it's another for a respected ace to take off with giant muddy spots slathered on his wings. Hell, they'd rinse it off. They were probably polishing the wings for every extra mile per hour they could get.

I'm not a fan of every choice you make on any given skin (I'm not a fan of your "cloudy print pattern" crosses) but I think this is much better than the previous version! I'm also looking forward to you re-doing a certain 109F. I entertained ideas of redoing it myself for a while, but never got around to it.  :aok

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 03:09:08 AM »
I'm really not digging the muddy bootprints.... It's one thing not to maintain a paint finish in the failing war situation, it's another for a respected ace to take off with giant muddy spots slathered on his wings. Hell, they'd rinse it off. They were probably polishing the wings for every extra mile per hour they could get.

I'm not a fan of every choice you make on any given skin (I'm not a fan of your "cloudy print pattern" crosses) but I think this is much better than the previous version! I'm also looking forward to you re-doing a certain 109F. I entertained ideas of redoing it myself for a while, but never got around to it.  :aok

Oh come on Krusty? Could we at least go with the assumption that they scrambled the plane in a hurry to intercept enemy forces & they decided that the muddy foot prints could wait until he got back?

I am sure the crew chief was was waiting with one when he got back.
After all they are made in Germany & you know the Germans always make good stuff. :aok

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »

Oh come on Krusty? Could we at least go with the assumption that they scrambled the plane in a hurry to intercept enemy forces & they decided that the muddy foot prints could wait until he got back?

I am sure the crew chief was was waiting with one when he got back.
After all they are made in Germany & you know the Germans always make good stuff. :aok

Funny.  My first thought was there would be a different crew chief waiting when he got back.

I have to go with Krusty on this.  The boot prints look really cool, minute detail and all, but really?  HUGE feet too.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 04:23:40 PM »
Funny.  My first thought was there would be a different crew chief waiting when he got back.

I have to go with Krusty on this.  The boot prints look really cool, minute detail and all, but really?  HUGE feet too.

wrongway

always a couple rotten apples wrongway were are your skins?

krusty personally i think ur skins are garbage but i didn't say it till now if you show no respect you don't deserve any
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »
@ Motherland. :aok
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to lend a hand on my K4.

I have a boat load of books and many many line drawings specific to K4s. After your post I referred to them to confirm.

Some times one cant see the trees through the forest.

Thanks for your keen attention to detail.

I was so caught up in the texture I missed the basics on the cross.

I was  aware of the mapping issues and the radio port and a bunch of other things on my punch list..... but I totally overlooked the cross location , and the black banding

Your attention to detail is constructive and helpful to all.

One question on the radio port.... I have a side view  BW photo of the Red Tulip k4... in it the radio port is in the new location as I have it, but its more square not tapered as seen in many line drawings.

On another page in the same book there is another k4 side view and the port is clearly tapered as in the line drawings. Why is that?
I tend to trust the photos over line drawings and the photographic evidence leads me to believe there was a change in batches. Any thoughts?

Also regarding the under wing crosses the type varies from from K4 to K4 in photos.

On this particular air craft what under cross would you think was used?

luffte cammo and markings 33-45 and Last Eagles recommend the simple cross. What is your view on this?
Thanks again  :salute
Rave

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:02:49 PM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »

always a couple rotten apples wrongway were are your skins?

krusty personally i think ur skins are garbage but i didn't say it till now if you show no respect you don't deserve any

LOL.

Kettle, meet Pot.

I'm sorry.  I didn't know I wasn't allowed to express an opinion about what I thought would occur in real life.

The skin looks dandy.  However, if I were the virtual crew chief of said aircraft I would be embarrassed to let my pilot take off in anything that may inhibit his performance.

Leave 'em on, take 'em off, it's all the same to me.

[sarcasm]I'm sure Rave posted in the first place just to hear the raves and not actually hear other's opinions.[/sarcasm]

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 07:29:13 PM »
LOL.

Kettle, meet Pot.

wrongway

just asked were your skins are

insult was directed to krusty
TBs Sounds