Author Topic: what is your biggest pet peeve???  (Read 5101 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: what is your biggest pet peeve???
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »
this morning i was drivin home after running a few errands in town. doing 60mph in a 55, i come up behind this slow damn car doing like 45mph. helloooooo!! the damn speed limit is 55, why would u drive 45 in a 55?  :headscratch: makes no sense! the roads wasn't covered in any snow or ice, nice clean black top paved road and they do 45 in a 55!!!! :furious....if u dont want to drive..then get the hell out my way so i can!!!

or the people that freak out when driving in the rain or snow!!!! what exactly are u afraid of if its raining a lil bit???

im from michigan and i have drove in many nasty snow storms and thunder storms, maybe this makes me feel more confident in my driving skills but some of this stuff really annoys the hell out of me. :noid

what is your biggest pet peeve???

everyone knows, women cant drie
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
everyone knows, women cant drie

And everyone knows Tupac couldn't speel.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
And everyone knows Tupac couldn't speel.
maybe if i had spelled it like driev, but lol. i just didnt tap the v key hard enough
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »
People who are intolerent of other people's cultures.....and the DUTCH!

People with less than high school education assuming they are smarter than others.

Oh that reminds me of two more.

People who learned all sorts of big complicated and for the most part obscure words in colledge and feel they HAVE to use them ALL the time.

People with higher educations that actually believe they are smarter then everyone else because they have a higher education.

I've known a lot of college educated idiots in my time and alot of uneducated geniuses and everything in between.
A college education doesnt make you smarter. Only more educated. And for some people even some of that is questionable LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »
Oh that reminds me of two more.

People who learned all sorts of big complicated and for the most part obscure words in colledge and feel they HAVE to use them ALL the time.

People with higher educations that actually believe they are smarter then everyone else because they have a higher education.

I've known a lot of college educated idiots in my time and alot of uneducated geniuses and everything in between.
A college education doesnt make you smarter. Only more educated. And for some people even some of that is questionable LOL

Sarah Palin lulz

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2010, 09:08:34 PM »
maybe if i had spelled it like driev, but lol. i just didnt tap the v key hard enough

A likely story.

And my pet peeve is the self-appointed internet speeling police.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
               Snobs.

Quite a few of them on these boards actually.

And I'm one of them! :banana:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2010, 01:21:57 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
               Snobs.

Quite a few of them on these boards actually.

He's just butthurt cause he got trolled pretty hard earlier, I really had him going

And I'm one of them! :banana:

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »
Ok FYI im a truck driver. My biggest peeve is when you are driving at night on a major highway and the schmuck in the oncoming lane fails to use their dimmer for their lights. DUHHHHH just because you cant see the lights of the oncomong truck doesnot mean he/she cant see yours. Let me give you a little hint, if you can see the marker lights for the truck then he can see you high beams and you are blinding him/her.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »
Ok FYI im a truck driver. My biggest peeve is when you are driving at night on a major highway and the schmuck in the oncoming lane fails to use their dimmer for their lights. DUHHHHH just because you cant see the lights of the oncomong truck doesnot mean he/she cant see yours. Let me give you a little hint, if you can see the marker lights for the truck then he can see you high beams and you are blinding him/her.

These newer headlights they are using these days are all blinding to me. Even without the highbeams on.

That being said. because of their height. The lights of all trucks blind everyone in cars going in the opposite direction

Another two pet peeves. Truckers driving at night.  ;)

Truckers who insist on tailgating you as a way of intimidation.
I dont get intimidated. I get pissed off. and am game to the challange and will refuse to move and will often start to slow down. Trucker gonna threaten to run me over...go for it.
The fastest way to get into a confrontation with me is to try to intimidate me . Where as approaching me reasonably most of the time will get one more satisfactory results.
A quick flick of the lights while your still a reasonable distance behind me to let me know you want ot go by will find me much more co operative then filling my rear window with the grill of your truck
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
These newer headlights they are using these days are all blinding to me. Even without the highbeams on.

That being said. because of their height. The lights of all trucks blind everyone in cars going in the opposite direction

Another two pet peeves. Truckers driving at night.  ;)

I don't get intimidated. I get pissed off. and am game to the challange and will refuse to move and will often start to slow down. Trucker gonna threaten to run me over...go for it.
The fastest way to get into a confrontation with me is to try to intimidate me . Where as approaching me reasonably most of the time will get one more satisfactory results.
A quick flick of the lights while your still a reasonable distance behind me to let me know you want ot go by will find me much more co operative then filling my rear window with the grill of your truck

I am the same exact way,  :aok

when I first opened my Tattoo shop, about a month into it, I had a "visit" from the Town Biker gang, One did the talking, the other 8 or so, stood in a half circle around the waiting room with there arms crossed trying to look all tough,  so the one that actually talks says something like  "... so we will bring all Patch wearing members in and they will get a major discount, anyone who is not a patch wearing maember, them you can charge ...this is how it normaly works..."
 after I laughed a few minutes I says to him "IF YOU get say 15 or more hours by me, THEN I will consider giving you a deal, if He ,(I point to one of the other members), gets a lot of work, him I will give a deal, but in no way will every "Patch" member get a deal just because they wear a patch."   
   They did not like this, no one ever came in from that club  :rofl

you wanna talk about getting pissed instead of intimidated, This is absolutely the truth,  about 16 years ago when I was really a mean bastard, I am walking across Valley st in my home town of Manchester, I see a small pickup coming but there is more then enough time to get across so I walk, well as the truck gets closer to me it points his nose right at me,(HOing A-Hole:-) so I stop in his lane and raise my arms like "what ya gonna do"  I don't move, he keeps coming right at me, I still don't move, as he veers around me, I side step and do a side thrust kick into the back of the truck, its like a small S-10, I send it almost all the way sideways, tires squeal, he slams on the brakes, I yell "COME ON MOTHER F-Ker" at which point he abruptly takes off.   :rofl :rofl (very smart move on his part at the time.)

there is NO intimadating this mofo :t

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
I dont get intimidated. I get pissed off. and am game to the challange and will refuse to move and will often start to slow down. Trucker gonna threaten to run me over...go for it.

I'm 100% the same! I don't care how much I may dislike a person, I can hate them to the core, but if they approach me reasonably and respectfully, and ask kindly for something, 99% of the time they will get it.

However, try to take something from me, or intimidate me, and you will NEVER get what you're after. First off, I will state, I know this is NOT the mature route, nor is it always smart. This attitude is going to get me killed one day. But there is absolutely nothing on God's green earth that can intimidate me. As soon as you try to confront me and scare me, reason goes out the window in my head, and nothing but stubborn anger replaces it. As my mother likes to say, I would bite off my nose to spite my face.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2010, 08:01:38 AM »
biggest pet peeve? bigger even than the slow guys in the left lane?

the one that INSISTS on braking going down hill, although they are well below the speed limit, there's no kids, animals, other cars, potholes.....nothing....no dam reason to be on the brakes........ :furious
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »
biggest pet peeve? bigger even than the slow guys in the left lane?

the one that INSISTS on braking going down hill, although they are well below the speed limit, there's no kids, animals, other cars, potholes.....nothing....no dam reason to be on the brakes........ :furious

Depends on the hill. LOL

How about the ones who as soon as they see a few snow flurries. Start slowing down and driving like they are in the middle of a full blown blizzard.

Or people who come to a near complete stop to make a right turn. And people in small cars who bear left, to make a right turn and vise verse as though they were driving an 18 wheeler.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:19 AM »
People with higher educations that actually believe they are smarter then everyone else because they have a higher education

how about people that have more money than everyone else so they think there smarter (and better) than everyone else cause they have money

hate people like that
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson