Author Topic: Broken FFB?  (Read 245 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Broken FFB?
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »
Thread may get moved since the part of the product I think is "broken" I don't use in AH, but....

I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro and was curious if anyone knows what would happen if FFB broke?  I ask since the wheel use to "shake" when driving off-road in a game or over an old wooden bridge (heck it use to even react to AH), but recently it doesn't "shake", instead it acts like its constantly Locked.  By Locked I mean it takes force to turn (which I prefer compared to it's looseness when it's un-powered), but it never adjusts it's tension (flying off a road use to make it go loose to simulate no grip on the road).
So would a broken FFB cause it to stay in a Locked/Force mode or is there something else wrong with it?  I use the wheel almost daily anymore and I use the pedals for rudder in AH so I would very much hate for it to break (that and it cost over 140$ 2-3 years ago).

Thanks for any help, FFB is an unknown/unexplored area to me. :salute
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Broken FFB?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
Did you somehow turn off the FFB setting in your game?

I've got a MS Sidewinder FFB wheel and mine is just as you describe.  I set the "tension" settings in the profiler to get it to feel how I want then enable FFB in-game if I want to use it, otherwise it just runs with my pre-set tension settings.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: Broken FFB?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »
Well I feel stupid now :rolleyes:, Thanks for the idea Bald...wasn't the game it was disabled in, it was the dang Logitech Game Profile.  Not sure how it got disabled, but it did (some days I think this computer hates me).  Re-enabled it and it works now.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"