Author Topic: Microsoft details Windows 7, Vista, Server2008 memory leaks, hangs, freezes  (Read 405 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Microsoft details Windows 7, Vista, Server2008 memory leaks, hangs, freezes

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/02/microsoft-details-windows-7-memory-leaks-hangs-freezes.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

hope this is of help to some of you
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Nice find.  Good information.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
They never have gotten the power management system working properly...first thing I turn off, power management and delete all built in profiles.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Yes me also... got rid of power management.

Now my little netbook runs XP.. and I have its power management set up to make the most out of it's battery life... but I noticed that the hibernation function quit working after the first two weeks of use (I was actually surprised to see it work in the first place!)... didn't even bother trying to fix it... I've learned that hibernation is a function that would have been better off not being 'invented' in the first place...