Author Topic: original luftwaffe  (Read 1461 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: original luftwaffe
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
You could have used it to get cash  :O

NEWSFLASH!! man dressed as 2nd world war German holds up convenience store with authentic nazi dagger!!!  :rofl

Great collection btw thanks for sharing it with us sirvlad  :rock

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 03:50:22 AM »
Can ya be more specific about which item you can`t have in Germany,I thought you couldn`t have anything at all.Thanks for your comments,I appreciate any feed back at all.

SirVlad:

You can have all of those things in Germany you have shown in your pics. Even the dagger is not forbidden. BUT: You are not allowed to carry that dagger in public. And you are not allowed to show the other items in public. But (!) you are allowed to show them in public, if they are shown only for historical education and information. There is a similar discussion when showing models with the swastika on it. If you want to show them on a model contest or exhibition, it could happen, that the organisators will force you to hide the swastika. On the other side some model builders argue, that they are producing some kind of art. And in this case it should be allowed to show the swastika. Well...best thing to do, don´t run around with the swastika or the dagger in Germany in public areas. Keep at home. Then you are safe.

Here a document from my grandfather while he was serving as an technical officer in the Jagdgeschwader Udet. In this doc it is stated, that, because of his service as an t.o. for two years in the squadron, he was allowed to wear the memorable band of the "Jagdgeschwader Udet".

Regards
SF
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:07 PM »
Thanks for posting that,it`s great that you have something from your grandfathers past like that.Do you have any other things from his past,or maybe some of his old war stories you could share?

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »
Thanks for posting that,it`s great that you have something from your grandfathers past like that.Do you have any other things from his past,or maybe some of his old war stories you could share?

sorry, no war stories. I do have some old maps from him, showing front lines near Stalingrad, handwritten stuff, some documents as the one shown, and a lot of pictures.

I posted a link to these pictures before. Here you can find b/w and color pics. There are more, but these were the most interesting ones:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/eickholt/?galleryid=9239f5ab6ddb4afdafe729ddf8292224&trackingid=BTAGC&wf=share

http://www.photoshop.com/user/eickholt/?galleryid=1b87145ee056443993605bcc609b50cb&wf=share&trackingid=BTAGC

Regards
SF

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 05:36:01 PM »
sorry, no war stories. I do have some old maps from him, showing front lines near Stalingrad, handwritten stuff, some documents as the one shown, and a lot of pictures.

I posted a link to these pictures before. Here you can find b/w and color pics. There are more, but these were the most interesting ones:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/eickholt/?galleryid=9239f5ab6ddb4afdafe729ddf8292224&trackingid=BTAGC&wf=share

http://www.photoshop.com/user/eickholt/?galleryid=1b87145ee056443993605bcc609b50cb&wf=share&trackingid=BTAGC

Regards
SF

ty for sharing very nice photo`s awesome he flew a storch?

TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 03:03:01 AM »
ty for sharing very nice photo`s awesome he flew a storch?

yup! All pictures that took from above were made out of a Storch.

SF

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 07:25:47 AM »
SF, thank you so much for sharing these pictures, I didn't see them when you posted them the first time!

Some questions:

In link 1, #63, is that Verona (#98 is definitely Roma, S.Pietro)? #82-84, is that a TB3 fuselage and wing? #2 is a Henschel Hs 126 and #33 is an Arado Ar 68, right? Is #15 a DB3? Who's the guy in #28?

In link 2, #12, where is that belfry? And what town is #14

P.S. I love Don Rosa's comics, too! :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 07:35:26 AM »
Awesome pieces of history, Vlad.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »

Some questions:

#63, is that Verona? No, Rom 1942

#82-84, is that a TB3 fuselage and wing? Could be. There is no information to these pictures

#2 is a Henschel Hs 126 and #33 is an Arado Ar 68, right?  :aok

Is #15 a DB3?  :aok

Who's the guy in #28? Field Marshal Fedor von Bock -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_von_Bock

#12, where is that belfry?  And what town is #14 russian city Kharkov -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Battle_of_Kharkov

´hope I could help you!

Regards
SF

SirVlad, no intention here to hijack your thread!

Regards
SF

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »
You could have used it to get cash  :O
:lol

Awesome collection SirVlad. I wish I had just half that stuff hanging around here. Thanks for sharing :salute

PS. Is the yellow skull and crossbones flag for a concentration camp?
Lighten up Francis

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 01:44:52 PM »
The yellow flag was used to mark mine fields.It`s about the size of a pack of cigarettes,it hung from a small L shaped pole,like a tent peg.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
The yellow flag was used to mark mine fields.It`s about the size of a pack of cigarettes,it hung from a small L shaped pole,like a tent peg.
Ahhhh. :rock
Lighten up Francis