Author Topic: Checking it out warbirds flyer  (Read 479 times)

fonene

Checking it out warbirds flyer
« on: June 22, 2000, 01:08:00 PM »
I am just now hearing about aces is it comparable to warbirds? Ive read the info and seen the screenshots it looks pretty good
if anyone has the time write me back looking for input and and a reason to switch over lol

thanks alot
Ken

oh p2 333 with 64megs and a voodoo 3 will this be sufficent?

dosequis

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2000, 01:10:00 PM »
Here's a stunner of an idea:

D/L the game and try it for free!

XX

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2000, 01:14:00 PM »
 You will have to decide for yourself. Both are great games. Only the kids get into "mines bigger than yours" contests about it.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2000, 01:17:00 PM »
Yeah...download it and give it a whirl.  HTC doesn't even make you give a CC# until after the 2-week trial.

I flew WB for quite a while, and I'm liking AH a lot more.  The view system got me hooked from day one, and the rest of the sim kept me flying...check it out for yourself.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2000, 01:20:00 PM »
Do yourself a favor if you try it, get with someone (like a trainer or someone online) who can help you get going right.  It really helps to get the views set up and to understand what you can and cannot do.

I use the key mapping and stick mapping feature to match all AH commands to the WB commands thus making it easy to adjust and not have to learn new buttons.  It doesnt take much to do this, as most commands are the same anyway.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

fonene

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2000, 02:52:00 PM »
Ok just wondering can you have players manning guns in a bombing crew or is the gunning auto?

thanks
Ken
I am going to check it out
thanks for the feedback

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2000, 02:56:00 PM »
Only two allowed  in 1 a/c, you and a gunner, or, switch to gunner position yourself and do the gunning yourself.  No Otto (TG) in this sim.