Author Topic: How Big a Screen Do You Use for Aces High?  (Read 3883 times)

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
Re: How Big a Screen Do You Use for Aces High?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 07:01:55 PM »
I measure the EtchoSketch screen and it comes in at a whooping 10". But FRs are fanstatic! :x
That's the good part about having a small monitor. :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »
24" HD
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
i have 42" LCD HDTV 1080p with PC Input also has HDMI spot on it also. i have been flyin on it for a year now and i will never go back to a smaller screen! i love it!

~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
I had problems with a lag going from my computer to the 32" screen so I just use my laptop which is 17'' i think..
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 11:41:46 PM »
im on 24" 1920x1080p asus monitor, big jump up from my old 17" CRT emachines one  :D
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 01:39:41 AM »
26" Samsung 1920 X 1200 and love it
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 02:31:41 AM »
For a long time I had a 15" CRT then one day someone gave me a 19" CRT and i loved the upgrade in size.  One day the 19" died so i went back to the 15".
 Then last year i was very lucky and got a little spare money out of the blue and splurged some on a samsung 37" HDTV 1080p. I think its awesome, i would not want to go back now. I use it for PC and xbox games between 3-5' away. Picture quality in AH2 is amazing at 1920x1080. But i have to agree with TnDep, there is more sky to miss in, gunnery takes time to relearn lead after using a small screen.

PS: the grid on that picture is a result of a cheap webcam, the TV itself is crystal clear.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:33:58 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 04:30:27 AM »
42" Plasma and loving it.

Fred

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Harp00n

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 06:22:27 AM »
24" Acer Monitor + 19" TFT as secondary monitor. Desktop is stretched over those 2 Monitors.

Wish AH2 had dual-screen support so that I could have the map and Radio positioned on my 2nd monitor...

Offline RamPytho

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 06:44:55 AM »
Wish AH2 had dual-screen support so that I could have the map and Radio positioned on my 2nd monitor...

+10000

I have 2 Acer 18" wide and really wish I could put the clipboard on the second screen
Being ~~The Killuminati~~ bait since tour 109

from the OP post, looks like proper grammar is perked and he's all out of perks.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
I had problems with a lag going from my computer to the 32" screen so I just use my laptop which is 17'' i think..

this is what's kept me frm moving my computer closer to my tv to try it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »
For about a decade I've toyed with the idea of playing Aces High on a big screen TV, but never get around to it. So before starting my latest what-if, I'm wondering how many of you play Aces High on a big screen (e.g., 42 inches or higher) TV, and briefly how did you hook up your setup?

I'm looking for the absolute easiest and most inexpensive way to do it using only one joystick and one keyboard. I use Comcast cable which has been doing fine for me.

At present I play Aces High with desktop computer hooked up to 22-inch wide monitor. Works well. I'm just wondering if you think it is worth the extra effort and expense to go for 42-inch and above TV monitor.  Hmmm, guess this means I'd have to buy another computer and find some place for it in the TV den. Hmmm.   :headscratch:

On the other hand, got a Vista laptop I don't use much which I could hook up to the TV.  Could it be that simple?  Would Aces High let me do that on my present single subscription (most programs allow multiple computers as long as only one is used at one time)?

I use a 22" Samsung LCD. I never really thought of connecting to my TVs - I've got a couple of larger LCDs, one of which you'd call a bigscreen. One question regarding using it immediately comes to mind - w/r the viewing distance, I don't know if my TrackIR sensor would like me sitting 10' away... Anybody got any experience with that? I guess it'd be cool to route the sound through my surround system, too, but the wife'd probably get pissed, both at the sounds of enemy AC exploding and my own ac getting riddled with shells and bullets.

I'm sort of in that "give and take" stage of mediocrity.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 10:29:19 AM »
Two things:

1.)  You guys that are using 32, 36, 42"+ screens - do any of you use TrackIR as well?  If so, for those who "back up" a bit from the screen, does that pose a problem with TIR?

2.)  Haj, I've got a nice 19" LCD widescreen monitor sitting around collecting dust.  Works perfectly, great picture.  Your welcome to it for the cost of shipping.  :)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 11:26:45 AM »
i have 42" LCD HDTV 1080p with PC Input also has HDMI spot on it also. i have been flyin on it for a year now and i will never go back to a smaller screen! i love it!

(Image removed from quote.)

"Nice doggy" :)
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
For the longest time I was using a 15'' monitor that was like 8 years old. Just two days ago, I got a 21.5'' widescreen monitor with 1920x1080 resolution. For me, its like Im really flying in an airplane!  :airplane: It has made a huge difference in gameplay for me. I can now see around my aircraft without cons slipping out of my viewing range.  :banana:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies