Author Topic: I can always use help on flaps and throttle on the Hogs  (Read 673 times)

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
I can always use help on flaps and throttle on the Hogs
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:03:49 AM »
Don't want to change the game just want to know how to use the flaps and throttle better. I have been taught turn fighting and barrel rolling from BigRat had a couple lessons from TC, 1 Lesson from murdr, he could out turn me in a 38 :neener:, would like to see him try that now.

Ready when you are TC. Needing some stick time in the D hog any way. I am better at defense and a little better at the barrel roll defense. Actually beat a p38 in a rolling scissors tonight but had no ammo to shoot him with.
BigRat says he as taught me all he knows. So, maybe it is just 100 years of practice I need.

And I still want to see that split-s from 800ft
Will be in the TA from 7pm Est-10pm Est tonight

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 01:31:16 AM by wgmount »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: I can always use help on flaps and throttle on the Hogs
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:32:42 AM »
Don't want to change the game just want to know how to use the flaps and throttle better. I have been taught turn fighting and barrel rolling from BigRat had a couple lessons from TC, 1 Lesson from murdr, he could out turn me in a 38 :neener:, would like to see him try that now.

Ready when you are TC. Needing some stick time in the D hog any way. I am better at defense and a little better at the barrel roll defense. Actually beat a p38 in a rolling scissors tonight but had no ammo to shoot him with.
BigRat says he as taught me all he knows. So, maybe it is just 100 years of practice I need.

And I still want to see that split-s from 800ft
Will be in the TA from 7pm Est-10pm Est tonight

Heya Flushed,
I am about to send out a PM requesting the email addys of everyone in our group in the upcoming scenario, maybe I can pull em all together for some practice tonight....

I also have 2 others wanting F4U practice..so I will checl with BigRat and see if we all can hook up......

I just need to get some feeling in my right arm........it has been on the slow to react side for last few weeks.... dropped the Sugar jar and cup of coffee this morning.couldn't grasp it to hold on :-/

so let me get this rolling... check your PM's

TC ( Johnny )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:11:40 PM »
And if you're ever looking for a squad, VMF-251 is entirely made up of Hog enthusiasts. </shameless plug>

:D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
I'm already in a squad, at least, until they fire me.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
Can't have him Saxman, I already stole him for the 332 mongrels :D

Flushed you are still getting better all the time, just stick with it :aok

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 06:19:03 AM »
No Poaching TC! He's one of ours. :)

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »
I am looking for a hog squad! been a fan of the F4u since the blacksheep squadron series!
I can build em better than I can fly em
http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/hotwire_2009/?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 03:48:49 PM »
I am looking for a hog squad! been a fan of the F4u since the blacksheep squadron series!

Check out http://vmf251-buccaneers.net
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.