Author Topic: Your own skins.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
Re: Your own skins.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »
Thank you batch and thank you Saxman yes no one else would see it and yes the server would have to see it but why wouldn't it work? You could make it and upload it to a folder right?
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 11:31:47 PM »
Seems like you're the only one who hasn't actually.  YOU CAN already put your own skins offline, and YOU CANNOT put them in game.  There is no more discussion other than adding them in game. 

ANd what on Earth do you mean by "the same way it does in offline"    Cause there ain't no online for this crap.  Period, story is over.

this guy is brilliant......... I think everyone here realizes there isnt online for this......... which is why its in the "WISHLIST"....... comprehension would go a long way to helping you

this would not effect you in ANY way shape or form
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:45 AM »
But why am I the only bad guy? 

And..... If you don't care about online in ANY WAY.........

WTF is being asked for?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 01:14:06 AM »
you need sleep............ thats the entire point........ he wants online to be like the offline

you can create a skin...... it resides on YOUR drive...... nobody elses

when you select that skin ONLINE......... you can see that skin on your plane while you fly

nobody else has the skin so they will see you as default...... therefore it does not effect anyone else

now you can give this skin to other squaddies if you want....... then while youre in flight you will see each other with that skin........ others will still see you as default....... therefore it does not effect anyone else

if you want to create and use your own skin...... then obviously you would like this idea..........

if you do not want to create and use your own skin...... then obviously you should have no opinion on this idea, as it would not effect you in any way

as far as films or screenshots go...... why would it matter..... you can already make films or screenshots with any skin you create offline

the entire premise of the idea is for a person to be able to like the skin they are flying in........ or as stated earlier....... so squaddies could have kills or ranks or whatever they wanted on the side

personally I could care less if you want to fly around in a pink and purple striped C47 with little unicorns on the wings and rainbows on the tail......... I would never see it so it would not effect me in ANY way
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 01:20:57 AM »
Rules state they must be historical.
What about like in Training Arena or Dueling Arena.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 05:08:24 AM »
I would love to have my very own skin of a neon colored fish scale paint job on my 39. So that I could be the DOOM GUPPY OF THE SKY! (I say this in all seriousness. I would love to see every one in custom paint jobs expressing their individualism, also would help me realize who I am likely fighting if I get acquainted with their paint job etc.) I don't even understand why it has to be a real paint job from the time because in the end its just some crazy 3 country knock out drag out fight with every plane open to every side.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 05:14:57 AM »
Given the propensity for leading aces in WWI to paint their own planes, would be interesting to see this in that arena - not sure how you'd get the server to see your "personal" skin to allow it to appear in screenies etc........then again, I'm no coader.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 07:20:41 AM »
I would love to have my very own skin of a neon colored fish scale paint job on my 39. So that I could be the DOOM GUPPY OF THE SKY! (I say this in all seriousness. I would love to see every one in custom paint jobs expressing their individualism, also would help me realize who I am likely fighting if I get acquainted with their paint job etc.) I don't even understand why it has to be a real paint job from the time because in the end its just some crazy 3 country knock out drag out fight with every plane open to every side.

Greziz,

This is what I don't want to see. Again, as I said I'd like to see custom skins, but they should at least look like something that would have appeared on the actual aircraft during the war.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 11:59:54 AM »
I don't see what the big deal is about skins in the first place...the defaults work just fine. All you can see in a fighter is the wings and small bits of the fuselage...if you're focused on what the skin looks like on the plane, you're a great target because you don't have any SA.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett