Author Topic: Need experts  (Read 3210 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Need experts
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
People cling to Spits and never move off them just move to a higher ENY one like the 9, if they fly a 5 I wont say its easy mode....I would say a good starter would be the F6F, for 1 it doesnt have great 6 view which makes the pilot learn SA alot  faster, has a good amount of ord, pretty good legs, good guns but no cannons which I think would help their aim alot, and its wings dont rip off :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2010, 08:55:37 PM »
Yes, but a lot of other planes can catch it, the spits (which are the majority of the planes flown) can out turn it, and it feels very heavy when loaded up with fuel and ord. And when you add in the fact that most new players have a very heavy hand on the controlls (or fly with mouses), it pretty much rapes all of its positive qualities.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2010, 10:26:22 PM »
Yes, but a lot of other planes can catch it, the spits (which are the majority of the planes flown) can out turn it, and it feels very heavy when loaded up with fuel and ord. And when you add in the fact that most new players have a very heavy hand on the controlls (or fly with mouses), it pretty much rapes all of its positive qualities.

PSSST  You spelled recruiting incorrectly. 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 12:14:56 AM »
Thanks steve, I hadn't caught that.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 12:37:33 AM »
Nah, I'm telling you that if you want to improve your piloting skills, it doesn't really matter what plane you do it in, the moves are the same for all planes.  If you want to join us in the dueling arena, you are welcome, a bunch of us are always in there mixing it up on Vox290 later at night.  Best way to get better is repetition.  Light bulbs start to go off. 

i was having a good time in my a8 in the DA the other night ...

i think both are true ...

i.e. to a large extent what you are flying does not matter, but to some extent it does ...
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 12:49:24 AM »
There is a large chunk of knowledge that can be pretty much universally applied across any plane in the game, however knowing what a specific plane will do at the edges of the envelope, and gaining the touch that lets you wring every last ounce of performance out of an airframe can only come with repetition and experience.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »
There is a large chunk of knowledge that can be pretty much universally applied across any plane in the game, however knowing what a specific plane will do at the edges of the envelope, and gaining the touch that lets you wring every last ounce of performance out of an airframe can only come with repetition and experience.

You're right soulyss, much can be applied across the entire plane line up. You also need to know when to employ certian manuvers, and which ones work well in wich planes, in addition to learning the little tricks that can give you that small edge in a fight, wich can only be learned through expirences.