Author Topic: Battlefield : Bad Company 2  (Read 14817 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Battlefield : Bad Company 2
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »
I've been thinking about getting this one, the only thing stopping me was my experience with Battlefield 2.  BF2 had a ton of potential and at moments was a lot of fun which only made all the problems I had with it all the more frustrating.  The programming seemed really clunky and not well optimized, then I had issues with lag and some of elements and common practices of players just used to drive me nuts like the stupid dolphin diving and bunny hoping.

If they cleaned up the programming and the game runs well and if I don't have to worry about every player I run into either hopping around constantly so I only hit their feet, or alternatively diving at me with the SAW blazing away I'll have to look at this one. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »
is there a way to adjust graphics settings individually without selecting just generally high, medium, low ect?  The game runs smooth as hell until dust and smoke start flying, then it tries to slow down a bit.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
Bruv, i sent an invite under BloodStump  lol thought i had the Y in there  :furious  :furious no way to change it that i know of yet.      Branch, i went with the advance settings everything up max i dont know if your system can run it on those settings i'm running dual 260GTX cards in 1920x1080HD  with HDMI hooked up, ill go back and see what else there are for settings and edit this post, but i can say wow this game is fun, great single player and online mutiplayer  grafixs are fantastic  :aok  and ill look for the AoM server
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »
I bought it online downloaded, won't install.  Waiting for EA forums to become usable again and customer support was conveniently down all day yesterday.  Finally got my ticket logged.  We'll see what happens.  XP Pro SP3, english install -- installer gives me the language select screen, then a dos window blips and then nothing. 

Would love to be playing it, instead I did BF2 last night.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 06:36:36 AM »
just installed it,   havent got time to play today but I received your friend requests.    :aok

We should all hook up one night and have it large! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 09:12:21 AM »
Soulyss since you can't prone in it that removes the dolphin dive from the cheese move list and I have yet to see someone trying to bunny hop, course there may have not been enough time for that yet.

If anyone is interested my game id is Amadgnome.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »
Soulyss since you can't prone in it that removes the dolphin dive from the cheese move list and I have yet to see someone trying to bunny hop, course there may have not been enough time for that yet.

If anyone is interested my game id is Amadgnome.

I'm glad prone is disabled, it makes the campers better targets. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »
the game is outstanding, the sounds are great, on 5.1 when shells go off the sound is so realistic close or far away they have there own sounds, same with the gun sounds, im having fun getting used to all the gadgets and toys to drive, the waverunners and quads are a kick, was tooling around on a quad last night wide open i took a jump flew over 2 or 3 dudes (im sure they were going WTF?) and landed in the heart if the enemy lol ugh i died very fast lmao  its fun
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
the game is outstanding, the sounds are great, on 5.1 when shells go off the sound is so realistic close or far away they have there own sounds, same with the gun sounds, im having fun getting used to all the gadgets and toys to drive, the waverunners and quads are a kick, was tooling around on a quad last night wide open i took a jump flew over 2 or 3 dudes (im sure they were going WTF?) and landed in the heart if the enemy lol ugh i died very fast lmao  its fun
+1000000

I just beat the Story Mode last night, it was pretty awesome! Multiplayer (in my opinion) destroys MW2 in everyway, I like how it actually requires Teamwork to be sucessful vs run and gunning.
OEF 11-12

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »
Game is a hoot.  I'm a beta tester for EA during my nights and have been playing it for a couple of months.  It's come a LONG way let me tell you from our initial beta.  Still some issues to work out with joysticks (I brought this forward first on the testing team and it's going to be patched shortly).
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »
I hope something will be done with that damn dx9 bug on the HMG with shields.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »
I'm on Xbox live with this and MW2  Billydee420
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »
im still having problems with the game getting laggy when alot of effects start happening like smoke especially

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »
add me too, jdbecks is my name  :aok
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member